Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Mar 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
You may find this link useful:ourlaughingplace/aspx...x#.WNKgwmdWLcs
It's a useful website. However, to the OP, just remember that it doesn't take into account things like the time to walk out of the park to the carpark, time waiting for the next bus/monorail, time getting the tram in the carpark, time at the security check, etc.

So you need to add on some additional time (at least 15 or 20 mins) to those times listed in the above link.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's a useful website. However, to the OP, just remember that it doesn't take into account things like the time to walk out of the park to the carpark, time waiting for the next bus/monorail, time getting the tram in the carpark, time at the security check, etc.

So you need to add on some additional time (at least 15 or 20 mins) to those times listed in the above link.
I read today in the Unofficial Guide that it takes 20-30 minutes to get from TTC to MK, and most of that is waiting for the monorail.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I read today in the Unofficial Guide that it takes 20-30 minutes to get from TTC to MK, and most of that is waiting for the monorail.
Yeah, the monorail itself takes between 10 and 15 minutes to get from the TTC to MK. But you'll probably wait around 10 minutes for the next monorail to arrive.

Most of the bus transfers from one park to another take around 15 minutes from starting the journey to arriving at the parking lot. However that doesn't mean it'll only take you 15 minutes to park hop.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Yeah, the monorail itself takes between 10 and 15 minutes to get from the TTC to MK. But you'll probably wait around 10 minutes for the next monorail to arrive.

Most of the bus transfers from one park to another take around 15 minutes from starting the journey to arriving at the parking lot. However that doesn't mean it'll only take you 15 minutes to park hop.
My gut feeling is for onsite guests always use the Disney transport, or walk if possible. I think the walks are often overlooked.

There are exceptions like wanting to drive offsite during the day, and depending on how close you are to your hotel car park. For example if you were staying at the Contemporary and going to MK, you'd never take your car.

That said, am I right in thinking the water parks can be a bit of pain to get to with Disney transport?

So that leaves the issue of offsite guests moving their car throughout the day. If it were me and I intended to switch parks, I'd take the car with me. The thought of using transport to get there and having to use it again to get back to your car, possibly late at night, doesn't appeal to me. Am I right do you think? Are there exceptions?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
My gut feeling is for onsite guests always use the Disney transport, or walk if possible. I think the walks are often overlooked.
The thread is about park hopping. The only parks you can walk between are Hollywood Studios and Epcot (World Showcase end). So walks (plural) is pushing things a bit.

That said, am I right in thinking the water parks can be a bit of pain to get to with Disney transport?
They can, sometimes. I've never park hopped from a theme park to a water park, or vice versa, so I'm not sure how difficult it actually is. Looking at that OLP webpage, it depends on the parks - sometimes it's really simple (eg. BB to AK takes 6 minutes on a Disney bus) but sometimes it's really difficult (eg. there's no direct bus from BB to Epcot).

So that leaves the issue of offsite guests moving their car throughout the day. If it were me and I intended to switch parks, I'd take the car with me. The thought of using transport to get there and having to use it again to get back to your car, possibly late at night, doesn't appeal to me. Am I right do you think? Are there exceptions?
Park hopping to/from MK is the exception.

For example:

Moving your car - Visit HS, get car and drive to TTC (5 min tram, 20 min drive), get monorail to MK (10 min wait, 15 min journey), visit MK, leave MK via monorail (10 min wait, 15 min ride), tram to car (5min). Total travel time = 80mins.

Using Disney transport - Visit HS, leave car and use bus to MK (15min wait, 15 min journey), visit MK, get bus back from MK to HS (15min wait, 15 min journey), tram to car (5min). Total travel time = 65mins.

In the above, using Disney transport is more direct with less transfers, and is slightly quicker.

Otherwise, as you say, it's probably best to move your car.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Old 23 Mar 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

The thread is about park hopping. The only parks you can walk between are Hollywood Studios and Epcot (World Showcase end). So walks (plural) is pushing things a bit.

They can, sometimes. I've never park hopped from a theme park to a water park, or vice versa, so I'm not sure how difficult it actually is. Looking at that OLP webpage, it depends on the parks - sometimes it's really simple (eg. BB to AK takes 6 minutes on a Disney bus) but sometimes it's really difficult (eg. there's no direct bus from BB to Epcot).

Park hopping to/from MK is the exception.

For example:

Moving your car - Visit HS, get car and drive to TTC (5 min tram, 20 min drive), get monorail to MK (10 min wait, 15 min journey), visit MK, leave MK via monorail (10 min wait, 15 min ride), tram to car (5min). Total travel time = 80mins.

Using Disney transport - Visit HS, leave car and use bus to MK (15min wait, 15 min journey), visit MK, get bus back from MK to HS (15min wait, 15 min journey), tram to car (5min). Total travel time = 65mins.

In the above, using Disney transport is more direct with less transfers, and is slightly quicker.

Otherwise, as you say, it's probably best to move your car.
All makes sense.

You're right about the walking, just using the opportunity to put it into people's minds as it were. You can for example take a walk to Poly and grab a boat to MK, which could be used during a park hop Plus there are health benefits to walking off the funnel cake!

For me I wouldn't want to save say 15 minutes total travel time and have a journey at the end of a park day to get my car. We tend to leave late, and the crowds trying to use the transport are quite large.

I have done the odd jaunt from place to place using transport and left the car, but it's quite rare.

Moving the car late in the day will mean not being able to park close to the entrance too.
Old 23 Mar 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
You're right about the walking, just using the opportunity to put it into people's minds as it were. You can for example take a walk to Poly and grab a boat to MK, which could be used during a park hop Plus there are health benefits to walking off the funnel cake!
Yeah, I guessed this is what you meant.

For me I wouldn't want to save say 15 minutes total travel time and have a journey at the end of a park day to get my car. We tend to leave late, and the crowds trying to use the transport are quite large.
With MK, you'll still have a journey on Disney transport at the end of the day whatever you do. Either get on the monorail or get on the bus. There will be bigger crowds heading for the monorail to the TTC than heading to the bus to another park (probably).

Which is why MK is the exception.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~