Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 08, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Electric Guitars

Can anyone advise where DS may be able to find an electric guitar? The one he wants is a Gibson something or other...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 08, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Sound control in salford have the biggest guitar wall in the uk i think my db goes there all the time theie brill and soo helpful, they have a website just google them x
Old 24 Feb 08, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dave and lesley
Imagineer

dave and lesley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
sure someone will come up with a place, but look on the web for musical instument shops in manchester, I have seen them when we have been there but cannot remember the names of the shops, but sure there are some on deansgate.
is it a gibson les paul he's after?
2010 SSR HRH, 11 SSR Cocoa beach, 12 SSR HRH,
2014 SSR GFV Wedding, 15 LBV, 17 Miami Beach
dave and lesley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 08, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Georges music shop just off I/Drive has a great selection. It is in the loop road where the Sky Diving tower is, opposite Wet and Wild.
I think it was a Gibson that we bought for DS, and he bought a Fender fretless bass a couple of years before that. They are so much cheaper than the UK.
Bill
Old 24 Feb 08, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

The one on deansgate is called Forsyths but we've found there range is very limited and slightly more expensive also they seemed quite snobby to me and db wasn't impressed, def give Sound Control ago, if need directions just ask x
Old 24 Feb 08, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

oh did you mean in usa? x
Old 24 Feb 08, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney dave View Post
is it a gibson les paul he's after?
That's the one!

Are they very much cheaper in the USA? The shop on I Drive sounds promising. Just a bit concerned about getting it back in one piece but if there's a good saving to be made it would be worth it. Might even look at shipping it.

Thanks for your replies!
Old 24 Feb 08, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We had to buy a hard case to protect them in the hold, but they were absolutely fine.
They are so much cheaper. I think the Fender was a 3rd of the price, the Gibson was about half.
Bill

Georges Music
Old 24 Feb 08, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

You have to pay the vat when returning to UK on your purchase my partner bought a guitar a few years ago when we were in Naples Florida and the import duty was £274.00 it does not work out much cheaper this way.Or you could try walking through the nothing to declare Derek wouldn't .
Old 25 Feb 08, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
REidys online is who we used in the UK - much better prices than our local shops.

There will be a lot of different Gibson Les Paul style models made by different manufacturers so make sure you compare like with like, unless it's an original Gibson which could be £££££££'s

I think there would be very good savings to be made buying in Florida, but George's music do not appear to stock Gibson, but compare these 2 Fender models
George's @ $999.99 + tax
Reidys same guitar £1106

May be worth emailing George's music or calling to see if they can get the one he wants
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)

Edited at 07:58 AM.
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread