Old 3 Jun 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Boston & Cape Cod Road Trip - October 2016 - Intros

Boston & Cape Cod Road Trip
21st - 28th October 2016
Intros

After having finally completed by New York trip report I thought I’d make a start on my Massachusetts Road Trip report.

I have always wanted to visit Cape Cod and Boston. I read a book as a teenager that was set in Cape Cod and it sounded such a beautiful place that its always been on my wish list of places to visit.

Jeff and I had discussed Boston a few times but in 2016 we already had a trip to New York booked for May and a week in Menorca booked for August. We also knew that we wanted to go back to Florida in 2017 and so Boston seemed off the cards for a little while.

Then, the morning of my sister’s wedding in March I was browsing flight prices – as you do, because obviously there aren’t a million and one other things to be doing the day your sister is getting married! I spotted flights from Heathrow to Boston for October half term for just over £300 per person. Our local airport is Manchester but at this time of year there were no direct flights from Manchester to Boston (although that has now changed for 2017). So our options were indirect via Dublin or direct from Heathrow. We decided we’d prefer direct and so on an impulse we booked the flights and decided to sort out an itinerary when things were a little less manic!

After the wedding we told the kids who couldn’t believe they now had three holidays to look forward to and knew that come April once Disney Dining Plan was announced we’d add a fourth! Yes, it was a little extravagant but you only live once right?

We put together our itinerary which included 3 nights in Boston, a night on the Mohawk Trail and 3 nights in Cape Cod. I won’t go into any more detail than that here – I’ll leave it for the actual trip report.

If you haven’t read any of my previous trip reports (they’re in my signature if you’re interested) then I better introduce us!

Me, Claire, 41:
I’m the instigator of most of our holidays. I love to travel and believe you only live once and you need to make the most of it. Fortunately I have a very laid back husband who is happy to go with my plans most of the time but will also reign me in if my plans get a bit too crazy! Most excited about finally visiting Cape Cod

When looking for a photo for this bit I realised that I have very few photos of myself so you'll have to cope with this selfie of Abi and I!

Husband, Jeff, 40:
The most fabulous husband a girl could wish for. Happy to go ahead with my crazy holiday plans and knows that when I say “I’ve been thinking” I actually mean “I’ve totally costed it out and already have a draft itinerary” and he still loves despite this! Most looking forward to getting an MiT t-shirt and spending a week with his girls.

Daughter, Abi, 14:
Seems to have caught my travel bug. For Christmas she had a book called “501 Must Visit Destinations”. She’s determined to tick off as many as she can! Most excited about visiting Harvard and doing some shopping!

Daughter, Isabelle, 9:
The baby of the family and she knows it (and plays on it). Doesn’t care where we travel as long as we’re all together. Most looking forward to the Duck Tour and Mohawk Trail.

Thanks for reading. On with the trip!

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fa$$a
Trying for More Ears

Really looking forward to your report, I'm currently researching for our trip next September and will appreciate all snippets of info xxx

Claire
fa$$a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh l loved your NYC report, so I'm looking forward to this trippie. I've been costing up Boston for us for October 2017! So hoping to get other of ideas... basically I plan on copying your holidays

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fa$$a View Post
Really looking forward to your report, I'm currently researching for our trip next September and will appreciate all snippets of info xxx

Claire
Thank you. It was a fabulous trip. Hope some of my trip helps you will your planning.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh l loved your NYC report, so I'm looking forward to this trippie. I've been costing up Boston for us for October 2017! So hoping to get other of ideas... basically I plan on copying your holidays
Lol! You clearly have a good taste in holidays then! It was a fabulous holiday and I can't wait to go back. I hope you get some good ideas.

Thanks for reading.
Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looking forward to reading these. We are visiting Boston for the 1st time in Sept
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Looking forward to reading these. We are visiting Boston for the 1st time in Sept
I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! Just uploaded the last couple of days. Thanks for reading.

Claire
x

Old 8 Oct 17, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve just read your New York trippie and started Boston this morning! I totally agree with you about YOLO and have 4 holidays booked next year...I always have a couple of spreadsheets on the go with ideas and itineraries. And it’s really good to read short trips as we generally go for a week to fit more destinations in!
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List