Notices

Old 27 Jul 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Just an update from me and this trip report...

Things here are rough at the moment. My poor dad has been diagnosed with cancer - myeloma and had a long stint in hospital for various other things too. Then my mum had a fall and broke her leg - which was the same leg she had her hip replacement on last year... had to have an emergency op and blood transfusion... going to be in hospital for a while yet, and then when home it will take 6 - 12 months for recovery

Add on top of that my sister is pregnant, and due at the end of August, but may have to be induced as baby isn't as big as it should be, and my brother gets married at the end of August too. Throw on top of that my usual cycle of depression and anxiety, and it's just a huge mess at the moment in my life.

I'm trying to keep on top of everything that I can, and my trip reports are just right there at the bottom of the list of things that need to be done. I've just finished editing a batch of photos for day 15 - so I hope to write that as soon as I can, and try and find the time to continue. it may well be a case of a blast of catching up later in the year before we go back again.

Sorry for those following along - you're welcome to go and read my old reports if you like!

xxx
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Oh no sounds like you are having a hard time at the moment. The trip report can wait. Everyone can finish reading it whenever you write it. Right now you need to concentrate on looking after yourself and your loved ones. Don't forget to make sure you make some time to look after yourself. It can be hard work looking after others however much you love them.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Oh no sounds like you are having a hard time at the moment. The trip report can wait. Everyone can finish reading it whenever you write it. Right now you need to concentrate on looking after yourself and your loved ones. Don't forget to make sure you make some time to look after yourself. It can be hard work looking after others however much you love them.
Thank you x We are all having such a hard time. Meeting up with my siblings at the weekend (did I say that already?) so that we can get a plan of action in place with everything that needs to be done.

I just wanted people to know that even though i've left this report hanging, I will be back when I can to finish it - even if it takes me over a year (like 2015's!)
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fa$$a
Trying for More Ears

My thoughts and love are with you sweetie especially when it comes to your dad, (went through it all last year with mine &#128546. Keep being strong babe, put one foot in front of the other and ride that wave, you'll come through it, I promise xxx 💜 Will be thinking of you.
fa$$a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mrs Pumpkin View Post
Just an update from me and this trip report...

Things here are rough at the moment. My poor dad has been diagnosed with cancer - myeloma and had a long stint in hospital for various other things too. Then my mum had a fall and broke her leg - which was the same leg she had her hip replacement on last year... had to have an emergency op and blood transfusion... going to be in hospital for a while yet, and then when home it will take 6 - 12 months for recovery

Add on top of that my sister is pregnant, and due at the end of August, but may have to be induced as baby isn't as big as it should be, and my brother gets married at the end of August too. Throw on top of that my usual cycle of depression and anxiety, and it's just a huge mess at the moment in my life.

I'm trying to keep on top of everything that I can, and my trip reports are just right there at the bottom of the list of things that need to be done. I've just finished editing a batch of photos for day 15 - so I hope to write that as soon as I can, and try and find the time to continue. it may well be a case of a blast of catching up later in the year before we go back again.

Sorry for those following along - you're welcome to go and read my old reports if you like!

xxx
So sorry to hear that things are so rough for you. That's an awful lot of worry to have at once. You just concentrate on yourself and your family. The trip report can wait ! xx
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Take care of yourself <3
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

I'm so sorry to hear you have such a rough time at the moment. take care and I hope that things star to turn around for you soon.

Very best wishes your way
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Hi Michelle - just wondering how things were going with you at the moment. I hope you are okay. I was really enjoying your trip report but obviously understand that it is at the bottom of your list of priorities at the moment. Sending you hugs.
Old 23 Aug 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Unfortunately things seem to have gone from bad to worse - as I type this my mum and dad are back in hospital My dad is in a really bad way with various complications, and mum's wound re-opened and she was rushed back in. At the moment, there is no one to to look after them at home, so trying to organise care etc, which has a long waiting list in their borough - just an all around nightmare.

The good news amongst all this shizz is that my sister had her baby - a love bundle of joy called Leo - he's brought so much happiness to our family in just 2 days!

I am aware that people have been reading along and keen for me to carry on - this will be finished, I miss writing it, but right now my heart just isn't in it. Thanks for being patient xx
Old 23 Aug 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Take care and congratulations on the new nephew.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List