Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Are we going in May... or not? Day 6, May 21st, 2 becomes 3!

Up at 6.15 today, excited because Jane is arriving this afternoon. She left her house in France this morning at 3.15!

After cornflakes we are off to Lowes...again! We need more outlet covers for the Master suite, we’ve decided the brushed silver looks nicer than the white ones.

Followed by a side trip to Starbucks which is almost next door!

Back to the villa via Publix, we need to stock up on chicken and Michelob in preparation for Janes arrival.

We have rolls and salad sitting on the pool deck for lunch.

After lunch we carry the pool roller round to the garage, we won’t need it again this year. We then scrub the deck where the roller was and rescue a lizard from the pool and return him to the wild.

We manage a couple of hours by the pool, it’s very hot! We are tracking Janes flight. She messages us after she lands at Atlanta.

We get showered and changed and head out towards the airport, we’re going to call at the Loop on the way to return something from the other day.

It’s 106 degrees!

We nip into Kirkland’s and return the lighted twigs, they are battery operated which is no good to us! I also pop inot Payless shows to try and exchange some shoes my friend bought couple of weeks ago. They are both left feet and she’s didnt realise till she got home!

They won’t exchange them, really rude woman would barely speak to me apart from to tell me I have to take them back to the store they were bought from.

Off to the airport and we park up in the Cell phone lot which is free to park. There’s a lovely breeze so we sit with the windows open till a swarm of love bugs appears from nowhere! We’ve been lucky and seen hardly any since we’ve been here - until now!

Janes flight lands half an hour early and she’s out fairly quickly with no immigration to deal with.

We get the text to say she’s through and waiting by sign number 31. So we pull round, she jumps in and we’re off! We have a cooler with cold drinks in it in the truck, it’s so hot we are carrying cold drinks all the time, Jane is very glad of a drink.

It’s so lovely to see her, last time I saw her was last November and that was literally for a couple of hours.

Crazy traffic on the I4 as there’s been an accident so we jump off at I Drive and drive down to the 192.

Chicken for tea with Brie and crusty bread and mozzarella sticks, a lovely relaxing tea watching Midsomer Murders on the new Netflix we have installed. Early night for Jane and we weren’t far behind her!

Not many photos today guys, sorry will do better tomorrow.
TTFN xx

Edited at 11:09 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Glad Jane arrived ok, what a long trip she had! Hope she likes the truck you have on this trip

I did chuckle about the 2 left feet shoes. How bizarre.

I'm surprised you haven't had too many love bugs. Where we were staying they were the worst I have ever seen in 25 years. Not that they bother me but I know some people freak out with them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Wow...106 degrees!
Thank goodness for air conditioning..

Oops just read your next day. Glad you got it fixed, would have been a nightmare trying to sleep.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How rude at the shoe shop?! Thought the US was the customer service mecca.

Glad Jane arrived safe and sound.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the shoes hope you can sort them out later.

Glad Jane has arrived safely

Joan