BONZO
Imagineer

Slings, spins and other things - Singapore 2019 - Day 1

Saturday 7th September 2019

Cast:

Shaun - me, 50's, loves travelling
Alison - wife, 50's, loves travelling

Index: HERE

We had a relaxed start for this trip as our flight wasn’t until later in the day - the upside of this was that I managed to get in a cycle ride to Sevenerndroog Castle with the local club. Anyway, we had plenty of time on our hands but Alison had checked the traffic on the M25 and there had been a bad crash although things were improving, so as soon as I got back from the bike ride we finished packing and loaded the car.

By the time we actually left the picture had improved no end and we had an easy journey to the Long Stay car park. We always look longingly at our favourite POD parking as we drive past, perhaps next time but just doesn’t cost in for long term parking.

Nicely positioned near an empty space near to a bus stop

we unloaded our bags to wait for the bus to take us to the terminal. For some reason the dot-matrix sign wasn’t working but I suspect at this time of day the buses run “on demand” and acknowledge your entry to the car park.

We got on the bus (only us) and I discovered I had broken a pair of Poundland’s finest reading glasses! No time look around and stupidly it was the only pair I had with me, thank heavens for Alison having a backup pair. We were in the First Class lounge in T5 in no time at all and quickly settled in sampling the Gin bar – well, at least too many tastings for me I think! We also had some sandwiches and cake.

After a quick glance at my watch it was time to go to the gate, where we boarded on time and took off bang on time at 7pm (having settled in our favourite seats of 1D and 1F) for the flight to Stockholm.

We both had a lovely Rigatoni pasta, with salad, washed down with more G and T's! May as well take full opportunity of the not having to drive whilst in Sweden! The meal was followed up with cheese and biscuits and a delicious chocolate dessert.

We landed ok and had a short wait for luggage before walking to the hotel in the now deserted airport as we were one of the last flights of the day.

We’d booked the Radisson Blu at the airport this time round and first impressions were good. Breakfast wasn’t included so we prebooked that (and agreed to pay at checkout). It wasn’t cheap at about £16 each – but nothing is here!

We arrived at our room (room 425 which was OK, but very hot)

We crashed for a while, mindful not to get too much stuff out of suitcases when all the mains power went off apart from the TV. A quick glance out of the window and into the corridor and everywhere else had light and power. Very strange so Alison phoned down to the front desk who said give it 30 mins and everything should be sorted.

We waited for the 30 mins and nothing had changed, not even contact back from the front desk so Alison rang down again and the desk staff were a bit surprised but said to just come on down and they’d give us another room. We did explain that with no light we’d be a while making sure we hadn’t left anything behind!

We were given a free room upgrade (larger, higher floor, better air con) but Alison wanted more and asked for our breakfasts to be comped as well and of course they complied! By this time it was about 12.30am, so we were pleased to settle in our new room and get our heads down.

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL

Edited at 09:47 PM.
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Great, you’ve started. Looking forward to reading along.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Am going to Singapore tomorrow so please update fast! 🤣
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I didn’t realise this was up Can’t wait to read it
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List