NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 10 Tokyo Disneyland & Completion of the 6 Castle Challenge – Tuesday 1st October

Today was the day – the mission was to be accomplished!

We left the hotel at 8am for a 9am park opening – we knew the crowds gathered early so wanted to get there a good 30-40 minutes before. We got to the park for 8.35am, and were in by 9am so they had opened the gates a little early.

Our first stop was to collect a Fastpass for Monsters Hide and Go Seek and then to ride Pooh’s Hunny Hunt so I had mapped out our path whilst waiting during a map that I had printed out at home.

We successfully managed to get our Monsters Fastpass for 12.35pm (no line, I guess digital Fastpass was to thank), but when we got to Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, it was down, so we replanned and headed over to Splash instead…but a Cast Member chased us down to tell us that the ride had indeed opened! Hoorah! But boo, it broken down before we finished the ride. It took about 20 minutes to evacuate the ride, but we did get an ‘any attraction’ Fastpass to use, and we were nearly finished, so that was pretty good.

Our next stop was to be Splash Mountain, but it took a long time to get there as we took a wrong turn, and by then, the wait time as 60 minutes. We decided to skip it for now and head for breakfast instead.

Breakfast was at World Bazaar, in the Sweetheart Café, and there was one thing on my mind – Mike Wazowski Melon Bread, so I got one of those, an apple puff pie, Matt got a curry bread and a custard bun, and to drink I got a Donald Kirin Lemon, Matt got a water, and that came to Y1540/£11 (the pastries were Y260-Y300/£1.86-£2.15 each).

After breakfast, we decided to head to the Castle for our photos…we had just completed the Six Castle Challenge after all, and I was pleased as punch!

We decided that the Splash Mountain line was only getting longer, so our ‘free’ Fastpass from Pooh would be put to good use here, especially as we had almost finished on the Pooh ride anyway, so we could ride it again later in the trip. We got to Splash at 10.35am to use that and by now the line was 70 minutes. I wouldn’t say with the Fastpass it was a walk on though, we probably waited about 15 minutes.

Our new Fastpass window had now opened up, so we decided to head over for a Space Mountain one, which opened at 1.35pm. Whilst here, we decided to attempt the lottery for One Man’s Dream II. I knew we would lose but it was worth a go, and WE WON! I couldn’t believe it! We didn’t get Let’s Party Gras but that was ok. My tip would be to pick the last show of the day and try first thing in the morning. I can only put that down to our success (you’ll see that this works again tomorrow too!).

At 11.30am, we decided to ride It’s a Small World which was a 20 minute wait. It was really lovely, probably my favourite version in the world.

Next was Pirates of the Caribbean (very similar to the California version) which was a 15 minute wait.

At 12.45pm, we used our Monsters Ride and Go Seek Fastpass. This was sweet, but we didn’t get the massive hype, and weren’t fussed about riding it again during the holiday.

After this, it was time to think about the parade which we wanted to catch today in case the weather turned on us later in the trip, especially with a typhoon incoming. It was due to start at 1.25pm, we arrived at about 1.15pm, and we got a perfect view if we wanted to stand (which we did because Matt has knee troubles and it isn’t easy for him to sit on the floor and then stand). The parade was absolutely lovely. I don’t really like parades, I just don’t really ‘get’ them but this was absolutely lovely. The song was so catchy, and the floats were really impressive.

Since we were close by, we grabbed a couple of Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain (at 6.45pm), before heading for lunch at Hungry Bear, which was the home of Japanese curry. We each ordered the pork cutlet curry (mine was normal, Matt’s was spicy) for Y1140/£8.17 each, and then two Cokes for Y360/£2.58 each. It was so yummy, we headed back later in the trip!

I loved the soap when I took a quick toilet break!

Our Space Mountain Fastpass was now open, so we went over to use that; before crossing the park again to the Tiki Room with Stitch which was really cute.

We then decided to check out Toontown but it was so busy so we didn’t stay long!

We were a bit thirsty, so we grabbed two waters for Y400/£2.87, and one of the Cast Members explained to us that today was a students’ holiday which explained the crowds for the day. One thing I did love about Tokyo Disneys bottled drinks was that most were themed!

The wait time for Pinocchio was only 15 minutes, so we rode that next, before heading over for an ice cream (it took a while to find a stand without a 20 minute wait, we found one in Tomorrowland). I got a Tropical Fruits Popsicle, Matt got a Mickey Sandwich, and they were Y300/£2.15 each.

I decided that now was the time for shopping, so we picked up two magnets (Y600/£4.30 each), a pair of chopstick rests (Y620/£4.44), two of the Mickey soap dispensers (Y1200/£8.61 each), a Pumpkin Mickey shoulder pal (Y1700/£12.19), a Pooh tissue box cover (Y2300/£16.50), a Pooh cotton buds dispenser (Y950/£6.81), Pooh all-over print t-shirt (Y2900/£20.80), Tangled lantern for my niece (Y1800/£12.91), a burger passholder (Y1650/£11.83) – we did have to go to a variety of shops to get this stuff, it’s a bit different to WDW in that respect.

My haul...

We also got two pressed pennies - Y100 each.

It was time now for One Man’s Dream II so we took our seats at 5.50pm for the 6.10pm showtime. The show was really lovely, we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

After the show, it was time to think about dinner. I knew I wanted to get some Mickey nuggets, so we popped into Tomorrowland Terrace for those (Y340/£2.43) and they were very tasty. I ate those on the go, towards our Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass.

It was almost time for Dreamlights by now, so we staked out a place for that and got another decent spot for the 7.30pm showtime. Again, this was a fantastic show. Not quite Paint the Night for me, but a close second.

After the show, we crossed over and landed at Captain Hook’s Galley. Matt had the bacon & pineapple slice (Y500/£3.58), I had the teriyaki chicken slice (Y600/£4.30), two portions of potato & cheese bites (Y340/£2.43 each – I wasn’t keen, but I think I wasn’t feeling 100% at the time), and two drinks (Y220/£1.57 each). It was very tasty indeed.

For 8.30pm, we headed round to the front of the Castle to watch ‘Night High Halloween’ which was just OK, but I think it’s commonly known that Tokyo’s fireworks are very underwhelming when compared with, say, Happily Ever After, so we were prepared.

We had a Haunted Mansion Holiday Fastpass to use next, so we went round to use that, and it was great as usual (and very busy during our time in the parks generally!), before making tracks back to the hotel – it was 9.20pm by now.

When we went to enter the monorail station, we found that our Suica cards had run out of money (we hadn’t quite twigged at the time just how expensive this short loop was compared to within the city) so rather than topping up, we just grabbed two single tickets so we could buy 3-day passes tomorrow. These were Y520/£3.73.

Once back at the hotel, we booked the Limousine Bus for our journey to the airport on Friday. I didn’t want to risk it selling out. This was Y850/£6.09 each, and I believe had to be paid in cash but I might be wrong. We paid cash anyhow.

Finally back at the room, by 10.10pm, I was in bed – phew! It had been a great day, albeit with a stressful start and the busy-ness taking some getting used to.

Steps = 27,528

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fun filled day although much busier than other parks have been! Love your dress too
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fun filled day although much busier than other parks have been! Love your dress too
Ah thank you for reading along! It was busier, we did expect it but we still weren't prepared lol

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day, those mickey nuggets look great! Also love the characters on the water bottles

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Fantastic park and brilliant but much busier day! You certainly get a lot done. Food looks lovely here.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List