Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Dec 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Benalmadena Dec 19. An all includio winter break with friends. Day 2, Fuengirola and Xmas night.

Friday 29th November
I posted the travel day on pre trip section by mistake, so this is the link for it.
Travel day

I woke first, about 7.30 so I sat on the balcony and watched the sun come up.

Matt woke after 8 and then we headed to breakfast.

Everyone came after us so Matt and I waited outside for them to get ready. Steph and Debbie went ahead as they were walking. After Matt and I did the walk there last year we decided to get the bus as we wanted to go into the town.
We saw a man cleaning windows a few floors up and he climbed out and hung off the edge without any safety harness.

Tracey and Sandy joined us, Linda and Russell didn’t want to come and Paul has problems with his foot so he stayed at the hotel.
The bus stop is just at the bottom of the hill and it comes every 20 minutes. The fare was €1.55 each one way and it took about 15 minutes. The bus fares are a bargain in Spain.
The centre was big with lots of shops.

We went into a few and spotted a Zara. Debbie and Linda have the same dress from there so we sent them this photo.

After shopping we walked to the seafront.

We wondered along the front to find a bar to meet Debbie and Steph.

Most of the beach bars were shut but after a little walk we did find one and ordered drinks.

It was beautiful and ended up being the nicest day of the holiday.
Debbie and Steph finally joined us, they had been walking for a couple of hours so we ordered more drinks and basically just enjoyed the weather.
We all got the bus back, we had a little trouble finding a stop but we were soon on our way back the hotel.
We grabbed a snack and a drink and went to the other pool for the last rays.

Matt and I got ready and enjoyed the evening view from the balcony.

Sandy brought Xmas hats for us all so we had our Xmas night out.

Tonight was a quiz and karaoke in the hotel so we went for dinner early so we didn’t miss out.

First we were taught line dancing, Steph, Tracy, Sandy and I joined in and learnt 3 dances. I really enjoyed this.
Then the quiz was to guess how many people would dance to a selection of songs on the dance floor. I think about 10 songs were played and it was going on a bit.
Sandy, Tracy and I got talked into tequila shots by the bar staff and she took photos while we did them.

Tracy won the quiz and a bottle of fizz.
Matt and I took selfies

Then it was karaoke time, now after a few drinks I love singing and dancing, I’m not great but I just do it for fun. I have a stage name, Sapphire Sparkle.

We had our last drink, all inclusive ends at 12 at the hotel.
Sandy, Tracy and Debbie went to
Linda’s room but Matt and I had enough so went to sleep.

Edited at 10:00 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh I love Benalmadena and the weather looks brilliant.

Roof bar at Las Arenas in May.

Have a fantastic trip
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely sunrise photo!

The evening looks like a lot of fun - though wild horses would not get me singing in public - which is good news for all around me!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Beautiful sunrise photos. We spent ages watching the window cleaner hanging out of tall buildings with no safety harness when we were in Vietnam this year, obviously health and safety officers don’t exist outside the UK 😂

You did seem to have a fun evening, but I agree with Mel no amount of alcohol or persuasion would get me up on a stage singing, I do admire your bravery 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Oh I love Benalmadena and the weather looks brilliant.

Roof bar at Las Arenas in May.

Have a fantastic trip
Thank you, we love it there now as well.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Lovely sunrise photo!

The evening looks like a lot of fun - though wild horses would not get me singing in public - which is good news for all around me!
We had a brilliant Xmas night out.
I only sing when I’ve had a few and just dance more than sing. I do enjoy it though.
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Beautiful sunrise photos. We spent ages watching the window cleaner hanging out of tall buildings with no safety harness when we were in Vietnam this year, obviously health and safety officers don’t exist outside the UK 😂

You did seem to have a fun evening, but I agree with Mel no amount of alcohol or persuasion would get me up on a stage singing, I do admire your bravery 😀
It’s amazing how they don’t have any fear, I couldn’t do it. Health and safety are very relaxed.

Thank you, Tracy sings as well but she’s better than me lol.