General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
following as we are of to Krakow at the end of January
Thank you for reading, I’m sure you’ll love it. I’ll try and get the rest of the report up this week so in time before you go!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a great first day, look forward to reading the rest
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We where there in December and loved it. Stayed in an AirBNB about 2 mins from the main square which was great. Loads to see and do and it’s very reasonable price wise for food/drink etc...

We visited Auschwitz. A difficult and harrowing day but I felt it important to go as its something that shouldn’t be forgotten.

Krakow is an ideal city break, we’d definitely return as we ran out of time for some things (salt mines)

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds like a great first day, look forward to reading the rest
Thanks for reading Elizabeth!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
We where there in December and loved it. Stayed in an AirBNB about 2 mins from the main square which was great. Loads to see and do and it’s very reasonable price wise for food/drink etc...

We visited Auschwitz. A difficult and harrowing day but I felt it important to go as its something that shouldn’t be forgotten.

Krakow is an ideal city break, we’d definitely return as we ran out of time for some things (salt mines)
We did look at Air BnB originally as we like to self cater but thought as it’s just the 2 of us we’ll stay in a hotel. You definitely get loads for your money!
We couldn’t believe how reasonably priced everything was out there, even in the main tourist areas.
Auschwitz was certainly harrowing. I visited Sachenhausen Concentration camp when we went to Berlin in 2018 so I didn’t get the shock factor as Auschwitz 1 is very similar but I still learned loads from our time there.
We too didn’t have time for the Salt Mines either

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks cold in the photos, but I bet that added to the charm. I cannot believe you even paid to have hold luggage on a weekend break never mind that it was over the weight limit. Alicia! I'm going to have to teach you how to pack light..

capsule wardrobe xxx

I'm looking forward to seeing what you got up to in Krakow. I daresay it will end up being another city I have to add to my list.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:15 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks cold in the photos, but I bet that added to the charm. I cannot believe you even paid to have hold luggage on a weekend break never mind that it was over the weight limit. Alicia! I'm going to have to teach you how to pack light..

capsule wardrobe xxx

I'm looking forward to seeing what you got up to in Krakow. I daresay it will end up being another city I have to add to my list.
It was really cold over there, we did expect it though but would have been nice if it was a few degrees warmer

Oh Abby you know me and that is never going to happen
I went away to Dublin for ONE night in September with a friend and we did hand luggage only. I got pulled by the security officer for having too many liquids and I had to sit on my cabin case to close it. On the way home I made use of BA's generous 2 bag hand luggage limit and bought a reusable shopper that was full too

I would highly recommend visiting, its a beautiful city

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It was really cold over there, we did expect it though but would have been nice if it was a few degrees warmer

Oh Abby you know me and that is never going to happen
I went away to Dublin for ONE night in September with a friend and we did hand luggage only. I got pulled by the security officer for having too many liquids and I had to sit on my cabin case to close it. On the way home I made use of BA's generous 2 bag hand luggage limit and bought a reusable shopper that was full too

I would highly recommend visiting, its a beautiful city
I love the Dublin story

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Loving the trip reports. I feel I must be following you around we are going to Krakow in May with friends and we are off to Vegas in February so also reading your Vegas trippie.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Loving the trip reports. I feel I must be following you around we are going to Krakow in May with friends and we are off to Vegas in February so also reading your Vegas trippie.
Thank you for reading, we must have great taste in holidays
Have a great time, I'm very jealous of your Vegas trip we had such a blast

IG - alicialanesmith