Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 Nov 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Beijing and HK Nov 2019 - Day 15

It was our last day today

We had a little lie in until 9 this morning. We weren’t in a rush after finding out yesterday how quiet the park was. We went back to the kingdom club for breakfast. We stuffed ourselves this morning knowing that 1)it was our last day 2) we had no lunch plans.

We then finished packing the last bits and left ours bags at the hotel. We also got a different card so that we could continue to use the hotel facilities the rest of the day. We got to the park about 11. It seemed busier today at the entrance. When we got in most of the rides were a 10-15 minute wait today.

We saw a queue to meet Santa mickey that looked shorter than yesterday’s so we went over to ask when it would open and how long the queu was. He said it was to open at 12 and about 1 1/2-2 hours! We gave up on that!

We wondered up Main Street and up to fantasy land, we had a priority pass for Mickeys wonderous book, so we headed in - it was full of families and we seemed to be the only adult couple around. But hey ho! We really enjoyed it. We sat third row from the front right in the middle and had the perfect spot to see everything as we had two kids in front. Definitely one to watch if you go.

We decided to head over to ant man and the wasp as I won yesterday and we saw spider man so joined the queue for him. Then went back on ant man and I won again! I never win on the buzz ride so Chris said it wa sfixed snd next time he was going to sit on the blue seat and I would be the red one. Well, it turns out the blue seat is the winning seat. It felt much harder in the red seat!

After that we then went back to Main Street to get some photos of the castle and the decorations. We also purchased a Mickey and Minnie pin to add to the collection back home.

We were hungry so went in search of food back in Tomorrowland. We noticed yesterday lots of the food places are shut, I’m guessing as it’s quiet. We ended up at comet cafe. We both got the pork. It was rice with a crispy bartered pork chop and oak Choi. It was nice but it was a bit dry.

I thought I took a photos but must have just taken a menu photo.

We then sat down in the sun waiting for the parade. We had worked out the best spot yesterday so we could record it and have no one putting their phones in front of us. I think it only works while they are doing the renovations at it was right next to the wall and you look straight ahead.

We took a walk back over to grizzly mountain and rode this twice and then to mystic manor which had a 30 minute queue! So we used a priority pass to get in.

Walking back round just past toy story land there was Snow White with no queue, so we met her. And then saw aurora, so we walked over to join her queue but the cast member said it was going to be belle that we would meet if we joined now, we didn’t mind that as beauty and th beast is my favourite movie! We also took a stroll through the gardens afterwards.

It was super hot so we grabbed an ice cream to cool down. I got a Mickey strawberry and Chris got a mango cone that came in an any man box.

It was close to 5pm, we were both hot and tired. So we decided to head back, again through tomorrow land for one last ride on space mountain before going. Next to it is the Star Wars meet and the cast meme her said there was no one in there. So we met chewy. We aren’t Star Wars fans, but the nephews were. He wouldn’t let Chris go! So we ended up spending about 10 minutes in there taking photos until the next people came along! You wouldn’t get that in Florida!

We slowly walked back to the hotel. We decided to grab some on the appetisers first at it was about 6:30 when we got back. Same selection as before but we both knew our flight wasn’t until 11:45 and we would need to eat before then. There was no one else in there so we stuffed our faces with lots of them to fill us up.

We headed down to the pool/gym to grab a shower and do our teeth before we left.

We hadn’t decided if we wanted to do the metro or grab a cab. When we bother walked out all refreshed we both agreed we couldn’t be bothered with the metro and getting all hot dragging our cases around we so we got a taxi. There’s a stand at the hotel, so the front desk just called one around. It was $160 and took about 15 minutes to get there.

We dropped our bags at the BA desk and then went to find the airport express desks to return our cards and get our money back that wa slept on them.

We then went through security and just wondered around the shops for 2 hours. There’s more down at the end. It doesn’t tell you that when you walk in, as they have all the more expensive restaurants at the front. But about a 15-20 minute walk down to the end gates there are the cheaper shops. We found a Lego shop and Chris eyed up what he wanted for Christmas.

It was now getting close to gate opening time so we headed back with 5 minutes to go before they opened and saw a HUGe line by group 4, so we joined it as we didn’t want to sit down as we were both feeling really tired and knew we had 13 hours to sit down ahead of us.

Boarding was quick and easy and soon enough we were up in the air. I decided to watch the preosal to keep me awake for a little bit. I managed to stay awake until 2am HK time. They were just clearing up food - we didn’t have it as we were full. And then slept in and out for about 6-7 hours. After waking I watched moana and toy story 4 and then breakfast was served. I forgot to take photos as I was hungry and just dived in. It was a full English and it was okay for if you were hungry. And 30 minutes later we landed at 4:55.

Security and bag collection a breeze and as we had parked in short stay meet and greet we just had to walk across the road. We both managed to stay up til 10 last night to get back in the rhythm.

We both said we would definitely visit mainland China again. But there was something about HK we were fans of. We thought it was too modern feeling, especially after Beijing. And it kind of felt like New York or London. We said the best hotel by far was the Disney hotel, we really loved it there and would recommend it to anyone that goes as the parks open so late and shut early that you do spend a lot more time at the hotel compared to other Disney parks.

We are glad to be back in our beds though!
Old 26 Nov 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I must sort out a visa for China!

I think HK isn’t really as it usually is. There is tension in the air! Though I found going north changed the scenery quite a lot!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I must sort out a visa for China!

I think HK isn’t really as it usually is. There is tension in the air! Though I found going north changed the scenery quite a lot!
Yes! We have said we need to go back to mainland China again before our visa runs out. We were looking at Shanghai and chengdu yesterday evening.