Old 4 Nov 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Max's pancakes look amazing a shame he was sick.

You managed to get so much sight seeing in I'm not surprised you were tired.

The early dinner looks lovely and doesn't seem to badly priced based on what you got xx
I think he would have been fine with the pancakes, but the choclate syrup and cream was just too much. Still at least he wasn't ill again and there were no lasting effects.

There's so much to see in DC we had to make the most of the time we had.

Yes I think the meals were really good value considering it's the capital city.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Poor Max I did think the breakfast concoction was perhaps a little heavy on the chocolate and cream side but then I thought he is a kitchen sink champion so maybe he would handle it Pleased it was excess instead of illness!
Washington looks really nice, the Uber from Baltimore seemed a good plan.
Your meal looks well deserved, I think you made the best choice!
I know you did a fair few steps but fancy interfering with the kids viewing schedule
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Poor Max I did think the breakfast concoction was perhaps a little heavy on the chocolate and cream side but then I thought he is a kitchen sink champion so maybe he would handle it Pleased it was excess instead of illness!
Washington looks really nice, the Uber from Baltimore seemed a good plan.
Your meal looks well deserved, I think you made the best choice!
I know you did a fair few steps but fancy interfering with the kids viewing schedule
Yep we all thought he could handle it as he is the king of sickly, overly rich food turns out we were wrong I'd like to say he's learned from his mistake but I guarantee he will pick the most chocolate of chohcolatey things again.

I was pretty pleased with the ride from Baltimore to DC it's really not far. I'd been looking forward to getting the train but in the end it was cheaper for the four of us to do it this way.

Mine was the best dinner you're right a little bit of everything, although the chicken wings were a bit spicy and I don't mind spicy food but ooh they left a tingle on the tongue.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

That is an amazing amount of steps! Washington DC is definitely on my list now, looks beautiful with so much history.

Oh Max...Heath did the same on our flight out glad it wasn’t a proper illness.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
That is an amazing amount of steps! Washington DC is definitely on my list now, looks beautiful with so much history.

Oh Max...Heath did the same on our flight out glad it wasn’t a proper illness.
Poor Heath, Max is a strapping 15 year old and so he should know better, but I guess we all have eyes bigger than our bellies every now and then.

It was a great city and we really enjoyed the history. Defitnely add it to your list.

Old 1 Dec 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

After reading this I want to go to DC even more now than I did before - it looks such an interesting place. I love your photos of all the memorials and monuments.

Got to love a Bob Evans breakfast, I'm glad you enjoyed it as it's one of our favourites. Poor Max being sick after all that chocolate though, he must have been starving after a while. Dinner looks nice as well, and reasonable value.

Wow, what a lot of steps, no wonder you were all shattered (well, apart from the kids who had some TV to catch up on before rest ).

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
After reading this I want to go to DC even more now than I did before - it looks such an interesting place. I love your photos of all the memorials and monuments.

Got to love a Bob Evans breakfast, I'm glad you enjoyed it as it's one of our favourites. Poor Max being sick after all that chocolate though, he must have been starving after a while. Dinner looks nice as well, and reasonable value.

Wow, what a lot of steps, no wonder you were all shattered (well, apart from the kids who had some TV to catch up on before rest ).
There was so much to see and do around every corner. It's a fabulous city. The memorials are really interesting.

Such a shame about Max, you're right he probably was very hungry but he didn't complain at all. The dinner was good value really, we did pretty well all trip. I suppose we didn't have starters or desserts but even so I was fairly pleased for city prices.

I don't know how the kids managed to stay awake I was shattered and we'd had our early start at the crack of dawn due to the jet lag.

Old 15 Dec 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Poor Max, that could well happen to ds as well as he’d eat all that for breakfast.

I’m so loving all the walking you did and everything you saw all looks so familiar from tv and movies, it would be brilliant to see it all for real.
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Poor Max, that could well happen to ds as well as he’d eat all that for breakfast.

I’m so loving all the walking you did and everything you saw all looks so familiar from tv and movies, it would be brilliant to see it all for real.
Oh I know I felt for him, he must have been absolutely starving that morning walking around but he didn't moan at all!

We really enjoy the walking around a city as it's such a good way to get to know the place and we end up seeing more that way. Although we did end up using the subway later in the trip, but we prefer to walk.

Old 26 Jan 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great first day. Poor Max feeling icky after that sweet breakfast. Breakfast and dinner both looked yum today.
The memorials sure looked so fabulous . They are so humbling aren’t they . So impressive too. You have some lovely pics. Hotel room looks good and great deal with the space and price.
Your poor feet. It’s easily done though with the next memorial always being “ just over there”
Fab day .
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List