Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Dec 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Benalmadena Dec 19. An all includio winter break with friends. Day 3, Torremolinos and Malaga.

Saturday 30th November

I woke first again and sat on the balcony.

Matt and I went for breakfast.

They had freshly made pancakes so I tried one.

The plan was to walk to Torremolinos, we waited around for the others apart from Tracy and Paul as Tracy wasn’t feeling very well.
We walked the scenic way along the seafront. It was a lovely day, not quite as warm as the previous day.

We had a look in a couple of shops on the way and it took about an hour before we headed into the town to stop for a drink.

Matt and I wanted to visit Malaga so we just had the one drink and left the others. The bar was very nice and brought out plenty of olives and crisps as well.
We walked back along the main road, it seemed further than the journey there but we made it just in time to get a quick lunch.

Then we got ready and went to the bus stop, we had checked the times on the way home and arrived at the stop just in time about 4.30pm. It cost €1.70 each and took about 40 minutes. I think I had a little sleep on the way.
We had a quick photo by the tree, you can see how badly Matt takes photos.

We had seen the Malaga lights last year and had planned to stay for the first show at 6.30pm. We had left early as we needed to shop first.
I had researched and found a Sephora shop so that was our first stop. It was easy to find with google maps but it was a concession in a department store. The whole store had 20% off for Black Friday so it was packed.
I looked for the lipstick that DD had asked for but the shade has been discontinued. I tried to get the closet match and at the till I also picked up a set of 3 lipsticks for a Xmas present. It was a good deal with the discount.

Last year we found a lovely bar called Sherlock Holmes so we looked for it again.

Unfortunately the bar was rammed, we did find a table with nuts all over it and I went to the toilet. It was absolutely disgusting, and I’ve been in some dirty toilets before. Someone had done their business all over the toilet, managed to get it everywhere and not even tried to clean it up, plus it hasn’t been flushed for a while. I actually felt sick so I turned around and left. Luckily Matt hadn’t ordered drinks so we left which was a shame.
All the bars were busy and the centre was also packed. We decided to ditch watching the lights as it was hard to get on the bus the previous year and we didn’t want to have that stress.
We walked the short journey to the bus stop and didn't wait too long. The bus dropping off was full with people seated and standing so knew we had made the right choice.
We had been paying with cash for buses but this journey we needed tickets. The ticket office was just a couple of stops away so we ran there and the bus waited for us.
I think it was about 7 when we got back to the hotel, we had a drink then went for dinner with Tracy and Paul.

Steph, Debbie and Sandy had took part in a quiz while we had dinner and won!
An ABBA show was on tonight but Linda suggested going out. I wasn’t bothered but said we would go for an hour.
We walked around the corner and found a couple of bars, one called Capones which had live music and karaoke at midnight.
Tonight was a ska band, they were very good.

Another rubbish photo from Matt.

Matt and I only stayed for the first half though and left Linda, Russell, Steph and Sandy to it. They ended up staying late and singing! Debbie had an early night and didn’t go out at all.
We met Tracy and Paul at the hotel, they said the Abba show was brilliant so it was a shame we missed it but it was nice to find Capones for future.
We had a quick one for the road and some crisps.

Edited at 11:30 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely way to start the day!

We have Sephora here but I must admit to rarely shopping in it!

A shame you missed the Abba concert - that is my idea of heaven 😜

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Beautiful view from your balcony. Such a shame you didn’t manage to see the lights, but I can understand why as the buses do get pretty packed in Spain.

Sounds as if you had a good evening anyway. It’s nice to go and visit other bars even when all inclusive, it’s just a change of atmosphere sometimes. Although I may have been tempted to stay for the Abba tribute band too 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a lovely way to start the day!

We have Sephora here but I must admit to rarely shopping in it!

A shame you missed the Abba concert - that is my idea of heaven 😜
Jess was happy with the choice of lipstick, hopefully she will like her presents. She said the quality is really good and it’s not too expensive either.
I would have like to have seen Abba but Matt and I were keeping the peace lol.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Beautiful view from your balcony. Such a shame you didn’t manage to see the lights, but I can understand why as the buses do get pretty packed in Spain.

Sounds as if you had a good evening anyway. It’s nice to go and visit other bars even when all inclusive, it’s just a change of atmosphere sometimes. Although I may have been tempted to stay for the Abba tribute band too 😀
It was a shame about the lights but I hate massive crowds and the shoving to get on the bus, as we discovered last year it’s a free for all getting on.
It was a good evening, the staff there really make it easy to stay in the hotel all night.