Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 11 Tokyo Disney SEA – Wednesday 2nd October

This morning’s park of the day was to be Disney SEA, which opened at 8am today, so we left the hotel at 7am, arrived at SEA at 7.15am, and were in for 8am. We picked up our 3 day monorail passes on route (Y1300/£9.32).

We knew that the two busy rides here were Toy Story Mania and worse so Soaring, so having ridden both of those before, we wanted to prioritise other ‘stuff’. Our first stop was Raging Spirits, which we grabbed a Fastpass for, before heading back on ourselves towards Indiana Jones, which was a 10 minute wait. We went back to use our Raging Spirits Fastpass, and were glad we had done things in that way, as the wait time was now 45 minutes.

We walked back ground now to Port Discovery to ride Aquatopia and the Nemo Searider. Nemo was advertised as a 20 minute wait time, so we grabbed a Fastpass for that for immediate use instead. It was fantastic – think Star Tours, but Nemo themed, and we learned in our later rides that the film randomised too.

We also rode Aquatopia, which advertised a 10 minute wait, but was actually 15 minutes. It was not as fast as we expected it to be, but was still fun.

Having now ridden four of our ‘must do’ attractions for the park, we wandered around to Tower of Terror to grab a Fastpass for later (10.15am), and then decided to stop for breakfast.

On our way to breakfast, we popped into Biglieterra for our lottery tickets for the day – we won again! I couldn’t believe it! Song of Mirage, but not Big Band Beat.

Breakfast was to be at Mamma Biscotti’s and we got there at 9.50am. There was a little wait but having done so well so far this morning, that was fine. I got a cherry Danish, we both got an apple custard Danish, and Matt got a curry bread, plus I got a portion of Alien Mochi, plus two waters, for Y2070/£14.85.

After breakfast, we walked around to the Toy Story area to take photos of and eat my Alien Mochi. Yummy!

It was 10.35am by now, so time for our Tower of Terror Fastpass! After the ride, we got another one for 2.45pm.

Since we had explored Lost River Delta, American Waterfront, and Port Discovery by now, it was time to visit a new land! Mermaid Lagoon would be first, and our first stop was King Triton’s Concert which I had heard great things about. We arrived at 11.25am, and had clearly just missed a show, as we were amongst the first in for the 11.55am show. It was a great show, really well done. The whole area is fantastic, amazing theming!

After the show, I knew I wanted a sea salt monaka ice cream, so I bought one of these for Y300/£2.15, and headed outside for photos.

We headed over next to the Arabian Coast area, where we bought two waters for Y400/£2.86. A must do here was naturally the Sindbad ride, so we walked onto that.

By now, the time was 12.40pm. After the ride, Matt was a bit peckish so we bought a Chandu Steamed Curry Bun and it was yummy! (Y500/£3.58).

Another of my ‘must do’ snacks was to try some of the popcorn varieties, so we stopped for the curry (popcorn is Y400/£2.86) per serving and it was DELICIOUS! You’ll see later that we really enjoyed the various popcorn flavours!

We were just around the corner now from the Nemo Searider for 3.15pm, and now was time for my ‘lunch’, so we went around the corner for the Donald Halloween Teriyaki Bun (Y600/£4.30) (this had replaced the shrimp bun which was on my snack list for the trip). It was delicious!

I wanted to check out the Cape Cod area next, so we kept wandering around there. We looked in the shop (no purchases – compared with Hong Kong and Shanghai, I actually found the Tokyo merch quite disappointing for the Duffy & Friends range), took some photos in the area, and managed to meet Thumper!

We stopped next for another popcorn – milk chocolate – which was another Y400/£2.86. This one wasn’t as good as the curry, but was still tasty.

Whilst waiting for our next Fastpasses to tick around, we had a wander around the American Waterfront area, mosey-ing in and out of the various shops. We didn’t buy much, just a Disney SEA magnet (Y600/£4.30).

We really love the theming of this park, and it is impeccably executed, American Waterfront leading the pack. I mean, there's a full size cruise ship here?!

At 3pm, we went for our second ride on the Tower of Terror, and then grabbed a Kirin Lemon to share between us for Y200/£1.43. This was our biggest complaint about Disney SEA actually, and that was the difficulty in finding drinks. Green tea seemed widely available, but Coke or water were very difficult to find, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Kirin Lemon. When you were thirsty, this was just really frustrating, especially when you know how easy it is to just grab whatever drink you want in the other parks.

Next up was our Nemo Searider Fastpass, so we got there for 3.50pm and loved the Darla version which we experienced. Next, we rode Aquatopia again, which was a 15 minute wait, and we enjoyed it more this time.

As we walked through the shop in the Port Discovery area, we bought three of the plush otters holding Dory (one for me, one for my niece, and one for my colleague – Y2850/£20.44 each) and a mermaid lantern (bought for my goddaughter, but my niece has decided it’s for her) (Y1800/£12.91).

I wanted to tackle the next thing on my snack list next, which was the Nemo churro and pineapple ‘smoothie’ (more like a slush with the tapioca balls) which cost Y800/£5.73 for the pair. It was nice to have a sit down for a minute!

We were close to our Song of Mirage showtime now, so we sat for a while longer, before making our way back round to the Lost River Delta area. We got to the theatre for 5.45pm, and the show started at 6.10pm. This was once again a fantastic performance, and would recommend you try to see it if you can.

Feeling underwhelmed by the food choices in this park, we decided to break out for dinner, and head back to Ichizen-Ya at Ikspiarin for another donburi. We each had the large donburi again, mine with a tea-stained egg (Y1034/£7.41 and Y979/£7.02) and two Pepsis (Y165/£1.18 each), and it was once again delicious and we were glad we had done it rather than settling for something we didn’t really want in the park.

At 7.30pm, we were back in the park, and I bought the mug that I had decided upon (Y1100/£7.89), before the 8pm performance of Fantasmic. This was a great version of the show…not quite California but thoroughly enjoyable!

After the show, we called it a day and headed back to the hotel. We had had a great day at Disney SEA but had seen most of the park by lunchtime. We do get why everyone loves the park, it is very picturesque for sure, but we didn’t think there was that much to fill our time there, and compared with other parks (like those in WDW, California Adventure, even comparing Shanghai Disneyland), it just didn’t rate quite as highly for us. This is a very unpopular opinion, but I do want there to be a balance on here, because I think that the over-hype is what falsely set our expectations for this park. Please don’t shoot me!

Once back at the hotel, we went to the shop to grab some more gifts for folks back home -two Mickey cruisers (like the resort bus ) for Y1800/£12.91; and two of the smaller Mickey buses for Y1000/£7.17 each.

After this, it was back to the room, to shower, prep for tomorrow, and then bed!

Steps = 24,589

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Great report! I wish I was dedicated to do one! I agree with you re DisneySea (we have recently returned from 2 weeks in Japan and spent 3 days in Disney), we were in the park by 7.50am (with the 15 minute entry tickets) and were done by midday! It's a stunning park but we found we enjoyed DisneyLand so much more (we expected to park hop on the 3rd day but didn't bother!) We couldn't believe how mad everyone is over Duffy merch and the huge queue for the Duffy restaurant/show! It's all very cute though!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Short legs View Post
Great report! I wish I was dedicated to do one! I agree with you re DisneySea (we have recently returned from 2 weeks in Japan and spent 3 days in Disney), we were in the park by 7.50am (with the 15 minute entry tickets) and were done by midday! It's a stunning park but we found we enjoyed DisneyLand so much more (we expected to park hop on the 3rd day but didn't bother!) We couldn't believe how mad everyone is over Duffy merch and the huge queue for the Duffy restaurant/show! It's all very cute though!
I’m glad we’re not alone! I think it’s a lot about the views but not so much ‘to do’. Disneyland I enjoyed more than I thought I would but generally Tokyo was just not our favourite resort. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It looks like an awesome park in terms of the setting!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
It looks like an awesome park in terms of the setting!
It was gorgeous, just a bit 'lacking' in the 'to do' for our preferences but we did enjoy our 2 days there. I think 1.5 would have done it but we know for next time!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 5 Jul 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Park looks lovely, as do the snacks, they look fab

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Looks fab but definitely not as much to do in terms of rides!
Still want to tick it off our list
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List