Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 3 Hong Kong Disneyland Day 1 – Monday 23rd September

Today was the day – Disney Castle #4! I was feeling refreshed after a good sleep (and a lie in – the park doesn’t open until 10.30am!), and my outfit was on fleek today (if I do say so myself)!

So we woke at 7.30am, pleased to be adjusting to the time difference. We got up at 9am ready to leave at 9.30am. While the park opens at 10.30am, the gates can open before for character greetings, and I had one mission today – to meet Cookie (or Cookie-Ann as she is now called)!

Just a note here about stickers – as we passed through security, we were given our first stickers of the day. I knew about this before we travelled, but Hong Kong Disneyland gives loads of stickers to its guests. Virtually every Cast Member has them, and if they don’t volunteer them, you can politely ask and they will be happy to share. We got a lot of villains/Halloween inspired ones, but we got some other gems too, and they look brilliant in my holiday scrapbook, which is a work in progress but getting there! So if you do travel to Hong Kong Disneyland, be sure to join in the fun!

Here is some of my stash!

We were allowed into the park at 10.10am and were amazed at how many people literally sprinted through the tunnel under the railway line. I have never seen anything like it in 25 years of visiting Disney parks.

I knew where Cookie would be waiting…but in her place was Stella Lou. Nonetheless, with no wait, I would be meeting her as she is my 2nd favourite. We’d come back and see Cookie later or tomorrow.

After a very quick mooch around the Emporium, the ropes dropped and we headed straight to Tomorrowland for our first ride, which was to be Ant-Man and the Nano Battle. This ride is a jazzed up version of Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters and we loved it!

Next would be Ironman Experience, which was like Star Tours, and again, we really enjoyed it, and were able to follow it easily enough although it was partly in Cantonese.

Two of our top five of the done, we headed for breakfast (it was 11am!), so we went to Main Street Bakery for the famous shaped and coated donuts – I went for Duffy (to match my outfit – obvs) and Matt had Donald (he is allergic to red food colouring and it had the least red on it). With two waters, it came to $148/£15.

Once we scoffed those down (and they were delicious – coated in white chocolate!) we went to ride Hyperspace Mountain. This is like the California version of the ride, and we enjoyed it.

Round the corner was It’s a Small World, so that would be our next stop, and it was a lovely version, with lots of Disney characters to find along the way. Loved it! We had to laugh as my sister was in Magic Kingdom at the same time waiting in a queue for It’s a Small World, we had a private boat! This version of It's a Small World is rivalled only by Tokyo's, in our opinion.

We rode Pooh and Dumbo next, as that was a walk-on; and then, given that it was lunchtime, we decided to grab some food.

We chose the Explorer’s Club (near Mystic Manor). I had the Butter Chicken (when in Rome lol), Matt had the Double Chicken with Japanese Curry Sauce, and with two drinks, and a $28/£3 supplement on our meal plan vouchers, we thoroughly enjoyed it!

The Hong Kong Disneyland meal plan can include lunch and a snack (popsicle or popcorn), or lunch and dinner and a snack. They vouchers are about £14 or £21, we bought ours from Klook and they work a treat and saved us a good amount of money.

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 05:26 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Being next door, and a walk on, Mystic Manor would be our next stop. Hong Kong Disneyland does not have a Haunted/Phantom Manor as it conflicts with their religious beliefs, so Mystic Manor tells the story of a traveller and collector whose music box possesses the other items in his home. His cheeky pal Albert the Monkey is to blame for setting off a series of events. It is a lovely attraction, and absolutely worth the hype, cementing Hong Kong Disneyland as one of my top Disney Parks in the world.

After the curry, I fancied an ice cream, so we used our vouchers next – Matt had the Minnie Strawberry Bar (he said it tasted like Funny Feet), and I had the Stitch Popsicle (tasted like raspberry). Both were yummy! I was loving the novelty snacks!

We walked around the Grizzly Gulch next and happened upon Chip & Dale. After a 5 minute wait, it was our turn!

Big Grizzly Mine Train was our next attraction. This is a cross between Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest, but not quite as thrilling. I really enjoyed it.

As we walked back around the park, we found the Journey to Halloween Town (a Nightmare Before Christmas walkthrough with trick or treating and the people that make you jump) which was OK. It’s not my favourite kind of attraction but it was a tick in the box. Our niece is enjoying the candy!

Next, we found Toy Story Land, so we rode RC Racer as another walk on, which was fun.

Back on Main Street, Stella Lou was still greeting (I hoped she had switched for Cookie, but no luck) and we found Goofy & Pluto meeting without much of a wait, so we stopped for a photo.

It was time for some drinks next, so we grabbed a Coke and a Water, which came to $580/£6. The band was playing in front of the Castle so we stopped for a moment.

We decided to head for the next showing of Mickey and the Wondrous Book next (like the Magician/Magical Map style shows in Paris and Califnoria) which we really enjoyed. They use the Happily Ever After soundtrack at the beginning and end, and the songs were all in English, even if the dialogue was not. It was fun!

Next, we opted for some re-rides of Ant-Man, Ironman and Mystic Manor, before the Halloween Time Street Party at 4pm (we realised at about 3pm that we had missed the Flights of Fantasy parade at 1.30pm – we would catch it tomorrow). We really enjoyed this parade/street party.

Since we were not too far away, we re-rode Big Grizzly Mine Train next, before heading to the front of the park for some photos, before the sun set, and then Hyperspace Mountain again.

It was getting to dinner time now, so we opted for the Starliner Diner. Matt had a burger, I had fried chicken, and we paid an extra $8/80p for larger sized drinks. The food was pretty good, though lunch was definitely better.

We decided on one more re-ride of Ant-Man today, before heading to the shop for some purchases – two magnets ($48/£5 each), two pins (£85/£8.50 each), a mug ($98/£10), a Chip & Dale fork & spoon ($38/£4 each), carrier bag ($1/10p), and mystery bag (which contained end of line stuff, just for fun - $158/£16).

At 7pm, it was time for the We Love Mickey night time projection show. This was cute, especially as a filler show whilst the castle was under refurbishment.

A note on the Castle – we left for this trip fully expectant to see the Castle under scaffolding. There was no good time for this trip due to weather, bank holidays, park enhancements, etc, so we decided to just go, knowing that the opportunity to return in the future to see the Castle in all its glory would of course be there!). When we got there, we couldn’t believe our luck at the amount that was uncovered.

The final activity of the night would be at 7.30pm for the Jack Skellington’s Villainous Gathering. I am not the biggest fan of the villains but Matt wanted to see it so we stuck around. It was ok, nothing special, though Halloween fans might be more keen.

And that would the end of our day. The park day here is short (10.30am-7.30pm) and we had got nearly everything done, with some new things to try tomorrow. So it was back to the room for…you guessed it…hot tub time! What a treat! Then back to the room to shower, pack (we leave tomorrow ) and sleep.

Steps = 23,890

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 05:51 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh my goodness!

The characters! The food (donuts and snacks mainly!)! The rides! The merch!

It all looks brilliant
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh my goodness!

The characters! The food (donuts and snacks mainly!)! The rides! The merch!

It all looks brilliant
Oh Karen it really was just the most wonderful day in the most wonderful park! I want to go back

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 30 Oct 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab day and those donuts look awesome

The wait times were great too!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fab day and those donuts look awesome

The wait times were great too!
Oh they were so delicious, I'd give my right arm to have one right now! Thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

What a fab day!

I love the Disney characters on its a small world! And mystic manor sounds like a fun ride - I didn’t realise it was against their beliefs.

Looking forward to reading the rest!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Looks like an amazing day! Love your ears ☺️ Can’t believe how incredible the castle looks already. We were there after Christmas and it was still the old castle!
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
What a fab day!

I love the Disney characters on its a small world! And mystic manor sounds like a fun ride - I didn’t realise it was against their beliefs.

Looking forward to reading the rest!
It was such a lovely park, it had a gorgeous charm about it!

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Looks like an amazing day! Love your ears ☺️ Can’t believe how incredible the castle looks already. We were there after Christmas and it was still the old castle!
It came along really quickly in the month before our trip, so we were very lucky! Those ears were a goal purchase of mine, I was thrilled to find them and they were so comfy compared with Minnie ears!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 5 Jul 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant! Great character meets and it looks really fab. Ice creams and donuts looked amazing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List