Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
foodie53
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Just back - Moscow

Thought I would give some info on Moscow as it makes an interesting city break - 3 hour flight from Heathrow. Stayed at the Four Seasons which is practically in Red Square so great base. Beautiful hotel - pricey but when only going for few days is worth it. Breakfast was £40 each - but for a fiver you could get breakfast at Starbucks next door. Fantastic architecture all around- did tour of st basils cathedrals-
walked all round outside of Kremlin- Tomb of unknown soldier - attended ballet at the Bolshoi Theatre -
awesome theatre - gold every where. Very comfortable and safe to wander around at night in red square area - felt very continental - bars and restaurants eating and drinking outside- lovely gardens people laying around in the sun. We loved it and going back for couple days before Christmas to see it in the snow - they lay ice rink down in square and supposed to be great atmosphere. You can spend a lot eating out but also cheap eats and drinks as well. We went to a Space themed restaurant-
not badly priced - another one similar to the 50s at the studios but supposed to be in a granny’s house years ago - and also ate ribs and chocolate cake at a bbq restaurant cheaply and the best ribs I have had- nowhere big portions though! Cheap vodka in duty free at Moscow airport worth bringing home as well!
foodie53 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I've always wanted to go to Russia, closest I've been was Kiev last year and I loved that, a pre Christmas break with the ice rink in the square sounds lovely.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great report- I would love to go to Moscow
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Now you’ve given me a different idea😗
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
10minuteman
I have Ears

Is it still worth going to Russia? I heard how hard it is to get a visa.
10minuteman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would love to visit Moscow.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List