Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

NYC 20 Years Later - Day 3 The Vessel & Mean Girls

Sunday October 27th 2019

I woke at 7.15, made coffee and checked my emails. Our today plans are to visit The Vessel at 10am. We then have tickets to see the matinee of Mean Girls at 2pm.

I got ready and then had to wait for Alex and Ramona who were in no rush. It was almost 9am when I informed them we would have to give breakfast a miss if they didn’t make a move soon. Our vessel tickets were for 10.10 after a quick read up it appeared they were valid for up to an hour after. The rush was off! We headed down to breakfast, I’m not hungry as still full from yesterday but still ate!

We had packed the bag with theatre drinks and snacks but after reading the vessels FAQ which stated only water bottles we went back up to the room to leave them as didn’t want them being binned. We would come back to the room before the show.

We left the hotel for the short walk to Hudson Yards in the rain. Ramona was sure that wearing a dress was the proper attire for a drizzly Sunday morning. The nearer we got to the destination the heavier the rain came until it was eventually coming down in sheets and we were having to hang on to the sides of our umbrellas. Ramona said she was bone dry despite the water running down her legs!

We headed around to the back of the shopping centre looking for the vessel and were scanned in, no bag check so not sure about the whole no drink or snack rule.

The vessel looks amazing. We were told no umbrellas inside, I could see that nobody was paying attention to this so kept mine up and was not queried by any staff inside. I climbed to the top to take some pictures. It was tricky holding the umbrella and taking pictures in the wind and rain but I really enjoyed this attraction which was also free.

Alex did not want to climb to the top so I went to the other side to get some pics of him.

Ramona had ditched me at this point, I had to resort to taking a selfie!

Alex and Mona lower down than I.

Me at the top!

By 10.45 we were done so headed into the shopping mall for a restroom and rain break. We bought some gifts in Dylan’s Candy Bar and looked around Sephora. I love Sephora as does Mone and the two trips I’ve made this break I’ve noticed they are playing tunes from my school days which is an added bonus to browsing!

The sequin wall art whilst we wait for the shops to open!

We left Hudson Yards in an Uber under Ramona’s orders and had a short break in the room. We have decided to not eat lunch as are struggling having breakfast which is not the norm for us!

The rain was still hammering when we left the hotel for the theatre so it was another Uber for us.

I booked tickets to see Mean Girls as thought Mona would enjoy, I can remember taking my eldest, Bron to see the movie when she was growing up.

The show was fantastic and we all really really enjoyed it.

We exited the theatre and walked down Time Square. We stopped off in Duane Reed, Mona bought a couple of bits, M&M world to use the restrooms and then into the HardRock shop. Times Square as expected was heaving. The walk back was pleasant and the rain had stopped.

We were going to grab dinner to take back. We stopped at Dunkin donuts for desert, 3 spider donuts this evening. As we neared the hotel Alex checked Uber eats which was showing a $1.49 delivery on Panda Express. I grabbed a coffee to take upstairs and we chose our food. Honey walnut shrimp with fried rice and green vegetables for me.

Honey walnut shrimp for dinner.

My fortune!

More donuts for desert.

We settled watching the Halloween specials on TV. We went to the laundry to wash our clothes we’d worn so far. We were all pretty shattered this evening.

Edited at 12:50 PM. Reason: Day added
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

Great report thanks for sharing. I’ve heard a lot on here about Panda Express. Was the food good?
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List