Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
Is there a time limit for them to respond to these claims? I sent a letter on 25th November to Virgin Money after I'd had my Thomas Cook flight refund. They say they're still investigating Its not hard they have the TC flight receipt & the new flight receipt, which both appear on my statement anyway!
They "should" reply within 8 weeks, but the legislation is vague around time frames. 8 weeks for you is tomorrow, I would ring them and tell them you wish to make an official complaint regarding the amount of time it is taking. If they refuse or you are not happy with the way they deal with the complaint ring the ombudsmen. GL.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

My parents heard back from RBS within 14 days and that was over Christmas/New Year.

I wrote the letter for them on 22nd Dec and they received an email confirming the refund for consequential losses on 3rd Jan. I used the letter template from Money Saving Expert and mentioned if they didn't hear anything within 14 days they would contact the financial ombudsman.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
My parents heard back from RBS within 14 days and that was over Christmas/New Year.

I wrote the letter for them on 22nd Dec and they received an email confirming the refund for consequential losses on 3rd Jan. I used the letter template from Money Saving Expert and mentioned if they didn't hear anything within 14 days they would contact the financial ombudsman.
Where on the site did you find the template? I have searched and can't find it.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Is it your travel insurance you claim Consequential losses from?
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
Is it your travel insurance you claim Consequential losses from?
If you read through the thread you will see that it is from your cc company
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I printed out the form that I had used for initial claim and also attached a letter, if you look on other thread under my name it should be on there. Sorry, I am on my phone so a bit of a pain to search and link.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This is the one I used. You’ll just need to delete the part about claiming back for the flights if you have already received that money. Fill it in for any additional expenses you’ve incurred as a result of TC collapsing - the difference in flight prices, hotels that you’ve had to re-book etc - and send it to your credit card company.

Ref: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of 1,403.92 GBP as paid to Thomas Cook Airlines for flights purchased on 31st July 2019 with my Royal Bank of Scotland credit card.

My claim is made on the grounds that Thomas Cook Airlines has entered insolvency and you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In addition to the cost of the cancelled flight, I would also like to claim the additional amount of 396.88 GBP for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: New flights booking for the same day and same route which also includes the cost of hotel booking due to new flight times, bringing my total claim to 1,800.80 GBP.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

Attachments to Letter:

1. Thomas Cook Airlines Booking Confirmation
2. Thomas Cook Airlines confirmation of insolvency
3. Receipt for new flight booking
4. Hotel booking confirmation
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
This is the one I used. You’ll just need to delete the part about claiming back for the flights if you have already received that money. Fill it in for any additional expenses you’ve incurred as a result of TC collapsing - the difference in flight prices, hotels that you’ve had to re-book etc - and send it to your credit card company.

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of 1,403.92 GBP as paid to Thomas Cook Airlines for flights purchased on 31st July 2019 with my Royal Bank of Scotland credit card.

My claim is made on the grounds that Thomas Cook Airlines has entered insolvency and you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In addition to the cost of the cancelled flight, I would also like to claim the additional amount of 396.88 GBP for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: New flights booking for the same day and same route which also includes the cost of hotel booking due to new flight times, bringing my total claim to 1,800.80 GBP.

Yours faithfully,

Attachments to Letter:

1. Thomas Cook Airlines Booking Confirmation
2. Thomas Cook Airlines confirmation of insolvency
3. Receipt for new flight booking
4. Hotel booking confirmation
This is the format that I wrote. Unicorn did you sort it?
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

After getting fab advice from this thread we put in a claim for the balance of £844.38 which was the difference between the flight costs less the refund claimed from the travel insurance.

Got a letter today to confirm it’s been repaid, we would have had no idea if it wasn’t for this thread.

Happy, happy, happy, 😁😁😁😁😁😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve edited the template an earlier poster out together, thank you for that! Does this look ok?

Flight refund

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of 1,030.12 GBP as the total of consequential losses incurred as the result of having to rebook flights after Thomas Cook Airlines entered insolvency as and you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. 

I have already previously received a refund in the cost of the original flights. However in addition to the cost of the cancelled flight, I would also like to claim the additional amount of 1030.12 GBP for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: New flights booking for the same day and of a similar route, still starting from Glasgow and ending in Orlando but at another airport in order to keep the same class of flight and keep costs at a reasonable level. As the original flight was with Thomas Cook, seat selection and baggage was included with the original booking, yet we have had to add them on as extras with the new flight, so these are also added on as additional costs.

Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List