Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 7 Shanghai Disneyland Day 2 - Friday 27th September

Sorry for less photos today, I was not at all happy with my outfit which I had to resort to due to bleeding feet lol - back to normal tomorrow!

Yesterday’s plan had worked so well that we knew that today we would repeat it – our alarm went off at 6.45am, we headed to the bus stop for 7.15am, and were in the park for 7.45am again – so far so good.

I linked the tickets (we had bought 2 x 1 day tickets under a Duffy promotion before we travelled, so we had new tickets again), secured our 9.40am Fastpass for Soaring, and we rode Tron…and again, it was amazing!

Naturally, we rode Buzz yet, before heading straight round for the Mine Train, which was again a walk on.

We continued round to Treasure Cove next, where we rode Pirates again, and loved it just as much.

By this time, it was 9am, and yesterday, the line for Jetpacks had consistently been 20+minutes long, so we wanted to do that first. We can categorically say that it wasn’t worth it, but at least it’s done. Think Orbitron, but in rollercoaster seats.

It was time for breakfast now, and we headed back to Remy’s Patisserie again. We got 1 Mickey cinnamon donut, and 1 Mickey chocolate & sprinkles donut (RMB35/£4 each), and 2 7-Ups (Y15/£1.60 each). The donuts were again delicious!

We used our Soaring Fastpass, and then went for a walk through the Alice in Wonderland Maze whilst it was still nice and quiet. By this time it was 10.20am.

Who can spot me down the end?!

We also did the Once Upon A Time Adventure (Castle Walkthrough), and took some photos of the Castle again.

I didn't really take any photos in the Castle walkthrough, but adored the mosaics that they had in the Castle itself...I couldn't get photos of them all as too many people were stood in front of them which was a bit annoying.

Overnight, a new pumpkin had sprouted in the Castle gardens.

We also took the opportunities to get some photos in front of our own zodiac signs.

By this time, our Roaring Rapids Fastpass had come around, so we went to ride on that. I bought a poncho this time for RMB10/£1. Totally worth it lol.

We went to Meet Mickey next, again it was just a 10 minute wait.

At the shop nearby, there were a couple of bits that I had forgotten to buy at the shop yesterday, so I picked those up – a Shanghai Disneyland pin (RMB49/£5.30), and the Cutie stickers (for my scrapbook – RMB39/£4.20).

It was lunchtime now, so we went to Tangled Tree Tavern. I had heard amazing things about the Australian Wok Fried Beef, so I had that and Matt had the Crispy Fried Pork which came with a Mickey Egg! These cost RMB98/£10.60 and RMB95/£10.30 respectively. The beef in particular was delicious.

Our next stop was Woody’s Round Up, which the App was reporting as a walk-on. This was similar to Alien Swirling Saucers or Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, so we thought we’d give it a go.

We then rode the Fantasia Carousel, which I loved, as the horses were mostly themed after the cute ones in Fantasia.

We didn't manage to ride Dumbo as the queue was 30+ minutes for most of the trip, which was a shame, but we just can't justify the wait for Dumbo!

We had some time to kill as there were still several hours left of the day, so we decided to give the Captain Jack’s Eye of the Storm Stunt Spectacular a go. It was all in Mandarin but you get the gist and it was a seat in the air conditioning for a while if nothing else.

Pirates was next door, so it made complete sense to give that another go; before grabbing some ice creams – a Minnie Sweet Treat each was just what the doctor ordered on a hot day (RMB40/£4 each), plus two waters (RMB10/£1) and a Pepsi (RMB15/£1.60). We sat on a bench near the Mine Train and enjoyed them.

We had a Mine Train Fastpass but still some time to kill, so we decided to give Peter Pan’s Flight another go, as well as Voyage of the Crystal Grotto. This time I was sat on the other side of the boat, so I got good photos of everything!

Our Mine Train Fastpass rolled around at 4.30pm, so we rode that and then Tron at 5pm which we had a Fastpass for but didn’t really need. Naturally, we rode Buzz next. Matt got a clear PB.

We decided to grab a burger for dinner and went to the Stargazer Grill in Tomorrowland for that. We each had the Wagyu Beef Burger combo for RMB113/£12.30. The burgers were alright but the fries were overly garlicky. Matt doesn’t like garlic and it was too much even for me. We could taste it for days!

After dinner, I needed to get my last purchases. I had a no regrets policy, i.e. I didn’t want to get home and wish I’d bought something which I couldn’t then get hold of. So, I got the Donut Minnie Ears (RMB159/£17), a rose gold pomp om ears baseball cap (as a gift – RMB159/£17), Ufufy Notepads (RMB119/£13), some cola bottle sweets to get rid of the garlic taste (RMB25/£2.70), some sets of post it notes (x3 for me and for gifts – RMB59/£6.40), and a carrier bag for Y1/10p.

We took our final photos of the Castle at night, and then took one last ride on Tron. We had so enjoyed this ride, it will be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom next year!

We stopped by the Duffy shop again, as I wanted to get a couple more gifts, so I got a Stella Lou Keyring (RMB49/£5.30) and a Gelatoni Pin (RM49/£5.30).

We decided to call it a day now – we had ridden and seen everything we wanted to, and weren’t fussed about seeing Ignite the Magic again since it is so similar to Illuminations.

On the way to the shuttle, we got some photos of Disneytown at night, including the Duffy car (for Duffy month) and the big inflatable Donald in the lake.

At 7.20pm, we were on the shuttle headed back to the hotel, where we showered, I packed (well, repacked the cases, after 1 week of suitcase living), and then chilled for a bit, catching up on notes and sorting out our tickets and scrapbook paraphernalia which I had acquired over the past week.

Tomorrow we were off to Tokyo!

Steps = 29,095

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

How absolutely fabulous. I’m desperate to go to Tokyo Disneyland but Shanghai was a distant second (partly because I REALLY want to visit Japan and not so much China). But the park looks way better than anything else I’ve seen. Just brilliant!

The only thing... bleeding feet?! Poor you
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Loved these reports!

Did Tokyo in May and hope you love and enjoy it as much as we did :-)
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
How absolutely fabulous. I’m desperate to go to Tokyo Disneyland but Shanghai was a distant second (partly because I REALLY want to visit Japan and not so much China). But the park looks way better than anything else I’ve seen. Just brilliant!

The only thing... bleeding feet?! Poor you
Don't give me much sympathy, I don't exactly choose to wear sensible shoes lol.

Shanghai was heads and shoulders above Tokyo for us (spoiler alert!), we just loved it. Pop the Tokyo Cast Members in Shanghai and you're winning. Our number 1 Castle park in the world actually! I'll post highs & lows at the end and share a bit more about our league table!

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Loved these reports!

Did Tokyo in May and hope you love and enjoy it as much as we did :-)
Ah thank you! We loved Tokyo the city but Tokyo Disney we were less keen. I think it's a combination of it being busier (naturally), having just come from Shanghai which we adored, and just the overhype (it seems to be the one that everyone talks about). We would for sure go back but Shanghai and Hong Kong had our hearts!
Thanks for reading and commenting!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving your report
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Loving your report
Thank you!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

oh Wow the Alice maze and those castle mosaics look amazing! As do the mickey donuts actually!

Another fab day!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
oh Wow the Alice maze and those castle mosaics look amazing! As do the mickey donuts actually!

Another fab day!
Everything was amazing! Thank you for reading!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 5 Jul 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh not good having bleeding feet Another brilliant day, those donuts look awesome! The maze looks brilliant too, but would love to ride Tron!

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

I need Disney donuts and ice creams!
Another fab day and seems you've been really lucky with crowds.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List