NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Highs, Lows & Final Thoughts (Hong Kong, Shanghai & Tokyo)

So that’s it, and thank you for sticking with me if you managed it! This was a whirlwind of a trip, but we ticked off so many bucket list items, made a truck load of memories, and saw so much.

This was our first time visiting Asia, and we will be back. We will 100% visit Hong Kong and Shanghai/China again, but above those, we want to visit more of Japan, plus at least I want to go to Singapore, Bali, and Malaysia.

Our favourite Disney Park in the world remains California Adventure, it’s just so ‘us’ but our favourite Castle park is easily Shanghai. It just ticks all of our boxes. Tokyo Disney Resort didn’t really ‘do it’ for us. We think it’s because it is just so over-hyped that our expectations were just set so high. Plus, we just adored Shanghai and it felt like a bit of a time warp heading to Tokyo. We enjoyed our time there, but when we go back to Tokyo in the future, we will just plan 1 day in each park. Hong Kong was also delightful, especially being as quiet as it was, and we will 100% return in the future. The expansions at all of the resorts are very exciting.

So, onto our Highs & Lows.

HIGHS

Naturally, completing the 6 Castles and 12 Parks – massive bucket list achievement and very proud. We have to work hard to pay for our adventures, and this is why we do it.

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel

Toy Story Hotel

All of my merch – ears, Shellie May bag, Duffy & Friends t-shirt, all my mugs

Hong Kong Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland overall – smooth operations, clean, quiet, the homes of our favourite rids

Favourite rides – Antman, Ironman, Mystic Manor, Tron, Pirates in Shanghai

Hong Kong Disneyland & Shanghai Disneyland donuts – Duffy, Pooh, Donald, Mickey chocolate covered, Mickey cinnamon

Hong Kong & Shanghai ice lollies – Stitch, Lotso, Minnie sweet treat

Hong Kong Disneyland meal plan

Hong Kong Disneyland character greets – minimal waits

Shanghai Disneyland Duffy & Shellie May greet (worth the wait!)

Tokyo Joe Carioca greet

Mong Kok in Hong Kong

Big Buddha in Hong Kong

Ming Dynasty architecture in Shanghai

Shanghai skyline, especially the Oriental Pearl Tower

Harajuku in Tokyo

Senso Ji in Tokyo

Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo

Akihabara in Tokyo

Pizza steamed buns in Tokoy

Pork Donburi at Ikspiari

Transport within the cities – clean, easy, cheap, punctual

Sheraton in Tokyo – theme park view!

Completing the 6 Castles challenge and having visited all 12 Disney Parks in the World

Trying so many of the snacks in Tokyo Disneyland – favourites being Alien Mochi, Mike Wazowski Melon Bread, popcorn (especially curry)

LOWS

Hilton at Gatwick – so dated, we won’t stay here again

Paint the Night at Hong Kong Disneyland was not on due to Halloween season (and I don’t like Halloween season, so this was a big loss for me)

YuYuan Gardens closed in Shanghai

Shanghai Disneyland Resort transport nightmare – the signage needs to be much better

VPN being unreliable in China, this was a let down for us

Local food – I wanted to try a lot more of this in the cities but we found it really hard to find for some reason. I had hoped to be a bit more ‘spur of the moment’ than we normally are on this trip and that just clearly didn’t work out for us, so I will plan that better next time

Chinese & Japanese Gardens that we visited generally were just beautiful – I want to see more of them!

Sheraton at Tokyo – dated room and very much unlike the advertised look

Tokyo Disneyland – was our least favourite resort, mostly because it needs to step forward like Hong Kong and Shanghai have/are, and it was

Edited at 09:56 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Amazing trip report. You covered so much ground and made each day so full.

Thanks fo the report.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Thank you for this trip report as you know its helped me immensely . Its been a great read
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Amazing trip report. You covered so much ground and made each day so full.

Thanks fo the report.
Thanks for reading and commenting!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Thank you for this trip report as you know its helped me immensely . Its been a great read
Thank you so much for reading and for getting in touch! Good luck with your plans and please reach out if I can help in any way!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loved reading along with this. Definitely something I hope to do one day. Can’t believe how quickly you’ve managed the whole report!
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
Loved reading along with this. Definitely something I hope to do one day. Can’t believe how quickly you’ve managed the whole report!
Thank you! I just wanted/needed to get it done really. I have trips coming up in December and January and I like to finish one before moving onto another, so now I can get properly planning! Thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Sounds like you had an amazing time and you fitted so much in! I can highly recommend Singapore and Bali.
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Wow, amazing trip and report, thanks for sharing
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time and you fitted so much in! I can highly recommend Singapore and Bali.
Thank you so much for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index