Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Wow, amazing trip and report, thanks for sharing
Thank you and thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

<<Tokyo Disneyland – was our least favourite resort
<<mostly because it needs to step forward like Hong Kong
<<and Shanghai have/are, and it was

Wowsa! I was blown away by Tokyo Disneyland / Sea - but I have not been to the parks your mentioned...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
<<Tokyo Disneyland – was our least favourite resort
<<mostly because it needs to step forward like Hong Kong
<<and Shanghai have/are, and it was

Wowsa! I was blown away by Tokyo Disneyland / Sea - but I have not been to the parks your mentioned...
Don’t get me wrong, it is a visually stunning park, but in terms of the package, we preferred HK and Shanghai. Crowds played a big part here too. Plus JTTCOTE was closed, maybe that could have swayed it?!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great trip report which I thoroughly enjoyed reading! Thanks for sharing.

There is nothing in me that wants to go to Asia but I do enjoy reading about it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Thank you for writing your report, I e thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

We were in China in September , spent a couple of days in Shanghai. Beautiful city, highly recommend doing some sightseeing , apart from Disney.
We use Express VPN, in China, think it’s about $14 a month, works really well, didn’t drop out very much, routed through HK, or London.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great trip report which I thoroughly enjoyed reading! Thanks for sharing.

There is nothing in me that wants to go to Asia but I do enjoy reading about it!
Thank you for reading along!

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Thank you for writing your report, I e thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

We were in China in September , spent a couple of days in Shanghai. Beautiful city, highly recommend doing some sightseeing , apart from Disney.
We use Express VPN, in China, think it’s about $14 a month, works really well, didn’t drop out very much, routed through HK, or London.
It was Express VPN which we used and had problems with, I've since read that people recommend having a backup...hindsight and all that! And yes, agree that when visiting the Disney Parks, it's definitely worth visiting the sights and cities too!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just binge read your report in a day! Absolutely loved it. Brilliant idea to visit all the parks and great to know how they all compare.

I was totally expecting Tokyo to come out on top, given all the fan fare about it, so genuine food for thought on the other parks which have also seemed to be side lined.

Would you recommend staying at Disney and venturing out or would you rather have stayed in the cities themselves on reflection? It didn’t seem like you did too badly, aside from a couple of lost moments.

The snacks look fab - both inside and outside of Disney.

Finally congrats on completing your parks challenge - really is so fun to be able to say you’ve done that! Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I have just binge read your report in a day! Absolutely loved it. Brilliant idea to visit all the parks and great to know how they all compare.

I was totally expecting Tokyo to come out on top, given all the fan fare about it, so genuine food for thought on the other parks which have also seemed to be side lined.

Would you recommend staying at Disney and venturing out or would you rather have stayed in the cities themselves on reflection? It didn’t seem like you did too badly, aside from a couple of lost moments.

The snacks look fab - both inside and outside of Disney.

Finally congrats on completing your parks challenge - really is so fun to be able to say you’ve done that! Xx
Aww thank you for reading along.
We had an amazing time and are so glad we did it the way we did, even though people warned against it.
Tokyo was definitely amazing, we just had a personal preference for the vibes, relative quietness, and technology of the newer parks. Tokyo was just so busy and more expensive!

No we definitely are glad we did it the way we did - staying in Disney and going to the cities. Firstly, Disney hotels are something else. Secondly, the Disneyland Hotel in HK and Toy Story Hotel in Shanghai were a dream come true. Thirdly, the Disney days are so much longer and more tiring, so we'd rather be close to those hotels. Fourthly, we spent more time in Disney than in the cities so it was more efficient. What I might have done differently is split our Tokyo stay but equally it was nice to get there and unpack for a 6 nights as the moving around was tiresome. The train only took 40 mins so it was no big deal!

Thanks again for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 5 Jul 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just binge read your whole report, really really enjoyed it, thanks so much for sharing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely trip report (as always). Good to see your list of highs was way longer than the lows.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List