Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 5 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

... you know I’m only joking! actually I was really excited to see the photo
I love that you sneaked photos of the premier inn breakfast.
Oh business class it is hard to go back but you will quickly get used to it... I wondered if you had slept for the whole flight after all the delights you sampled in the lounge. I think it would be wrong not to have a nap in those seats. Your food and drinks look great, I’m pleased you all had a great flight. Shame you had a bit of a delay getting through customs but it sounds like your whole travel day went smoothly. Looking forward to hearing all about the rest of your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m so excited to see you have a photograph of the lemon melt biscuits, I absolutely love them and have been wondering if I would ever find out who makes them...this is the absolute highlight of your report for me the rest sounds a bit boring!
You're mean, mean lady and I don't know why I like you so I'm getting the feeling that the level of detail I go into wasn't appreciated. The hard work and effort I put in to sample all those beverages in the lounge just for this report and all you focus on is lemon melt biscuits

... you know I’m only joking! actually I was really excited to see the photo
I love that you sneaked photos of the premier inn breakfast.
Oh business class it is hard to go back but you will quickly get used to it... I wondered if you had slept for the whole flight after all the delights you sampled in the lounge. I think it would be wrong not to have a nap in those seats. Your food and drinks look great, I’m pleased you all had a great flight. Shame you had a bit of a delay getting through customs but it sounds like your whole travel day went smoothly. Looking forward to hearing all about the rest of your trip.
The funny thing about the PI brekkie was that we bumped into a school friend of Max's and her family and he was not keen on us having a conversation at all. It was the speediest PI breakfast we've ever done I think we were out within 30 minutes!

Well, we don't have much choice but to get used to standard economy, next summer we've got indirect as well so it's a double whammy for us. Definitely slumming it.

It sort of feels like a dream now, probably as I experienced much of it in a little bit of a merry haze and then had a nap. it was a good nap though with proper pillows and a duvet

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:23 PM.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You're mean, mean lady and I don't know why I like you so I'm getting the feeling that the level of detail I go into wasn't appreciated. The hard work and effort I put in to sample all those beverages in the lounge just for this report and all you focus on is lemon melt biscuits

It sort of feels like a dream now, probably as I experienced much of it in a little bit of a merry haze and then had a nap. it was a good nap though with proper pillows and a duvet
You underestimate how truly excited I am to see those biscuits-it’s no fun now BA have stopped handing them out, it was the highlight of flying back and forward from LHR! I’ve failed to find any other lemon biscuits that live up to them, Borders-ok, M&S cookies-ok..who knew I would ever like a lemon biscuit!
I do appreciate the efforts you went to for research purposes I know it was very tough especially when you finally found the champagne-my real favourite photo is of you sitting in that nice cosy chair trying hard to look happy while you checked that drink was ok Actually I take back my excitedness about the biscuits photo even though I reckon they rate more highly for me than Max’s FQ cookies The champagne photo is my favourite!
I like that you used your business class goodies for the flight home, it’s a shame you didn’t get to keep the cosy pillows and duvet!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Wow what a travel day I would love my travel days to resemble this 🤞🤞🙏🙏🤣
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
You underestimate how truly excited I am to see those biscuits-it’s no fun now BA have stopped handing them out, it was the highlight of flying back and forward from LHR! I’ve failed to find any other lemon biscuits that live up to them, Borders-ok, M&S cookies-ok..who knew I would ever like a lemon biscuit!
I do appreciate the efforts you went to for research purposes I know it was very tough especially when you finally found the champagne-my real favourite photo is of you sitting in that nice cosy chair trying hard to look happy while you checked that drink was ok Actually I take back my excitedness about the biscuits photo even though I reckon they rate more highly for me than Max’s FQ cookies The champagne photo is my favourite!
I like that you used your business class goodies for the flight home, it’s a shame you didn’t get to keep the cosy pillows and duvet!
I'm glad you spotted how hard it was for me to look happy in that photo it was so hard to wipe the smile off my face I was grinning from ear to ear like the Cheshire cat. I liked the photo of me Max and Kate just outside the lounge with the model of the BA plane behind us. At this point I was thinking ooh goodness I've got to walk through the airport and get to the right gate without wobbling. I'm not sure how well that comes across in the photo, but I do look a bit flushed and somewhat apprehensive. It was fine in the end obviously, but it was a little bit like coming out of the cinema in the middle of the day into the brightness!

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Wow what a travel day I would love my travel days to resemble this 🤞🤞🙏🙏🤣
I wish all my travel days could resemble this as well

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Wow, what a travel day! Business looks absolutely fab. Don’t blame the kids for only wanting to travel that way in future...they’ll get a shock when it’s finally their turn to pay for their own holidays! We did premium economy to Florida and I don’t think I’d do long haul again in normal economy...too spoilt now!

Very impressed with your dedication to the report with eating and drinking as much as you could I’d be exactly the same!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Wow, what a travel day! Business looks absolutely fab. Don’t blame the kids for only wanting to travel that way in future...they’ll get a shock when it’s finally their turn to pay for their own holidays! We did premium economy to Florida and I don’t think I’d do long haul again in normal economy...too spoilt now!

Very impressed with your dedication to the report with eating and drinking as much as you could I’d be exactly the same!
Ooh premium for your Disney trip, we have never done that. One day... I was such a trooper at the airport, I did find it hard to sample all the food and drink but I soldiered on and made sure the trip report was fully prepped seriously it was such a wonderful day, I'm busy saving points to try and get another 241 voucher. I already have one saved so just need the other one for the boys

Old 1 Dec 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh Abby, what a fab travel day. Business class sounds amazing. We are also busy saving Avios to get a 2-4-1 voucher - almost there We have PE booked for next year and we're excited enough about that, never mind Business!

So glad you got good use of the lounge, it's so nice to be away from the hustle of the main airport don't you think? Thank you so much for your extensive research, it's much appreciated That looks a great lounge with the cinema and games room - very fancy.

You all look so delighted on the flight, and no wonder - it all looks very luxurious. The meals look so much better served on proper plates as well. I hope you get to repeat this type of travel experience soon - I imagine it's quite addictive.

Great deal on your hotel for the night, looking forward to reading about your DC adventures.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh Abby, what a fab travel day. Business class sounds amazing. We are also busy saving Avios to get a 2-4-1 voucher - almost there We have PE booked for next year and we're excited enough about that, never mind Business!

So glad you got good use of the lounge, it's so nice to be away from the hustle of the main airport don't you think? Thank you so much for your extensive research, it's much appreciated That looks a great lounge with the cinema and games room - very fancy.

You all look so delighted on the flight, and no wonder - it all looks very luxurious. The meals look so much better served on proper plates as well. I hope you get to repeat this type of travel experience soon - I imagine it's quite addictive.

Great deal on your hotel for the night, looking forward to reading about your DC adventures.
It was a dream of a day and certainly a travel day we will never forget.

I'd be looking forward to PE too, I hope you enjoy those flights. Keep on saving and of course spending to earn your 241 tickets. I've already got one and so now we are spending on Dave's Amex so that he can earn one too.

The lounge experience was fun, oh my we tried out everything! The popcorn machine was a very exciting find. The time in there flew by!

I think the meals on the flight were nicer for being served on proper plates, also having proper glasses and a nice mug for my tea was a bonus too.

I can't wait to do it all again

Old 14 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Wow. The lounge and the flight look like a holiday in themselves.
I’ll be nipping dh’s head to ditch the Tesco credit card and get a BA Amex one now!

I’ve never really thought about Washington before although I know dh would love to go, great to hear that your trip involved lots of walks, that’s not the picture of Washington I had in my mind.