Old 8 Nov 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by anji View Post
Hi I've really enjoyed reading your report and Washington is definitely on our to-go list, hopefully in 2021! Thanks for taking the time
Great I like a bit of forward planning too. I'm thinking of heading to the west coast in 2021...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Great report. Really enjoyed reading it. Lots of good ideas for us for our first visit to DC next year. Thanks for taking time to complete and share.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scotscraig View Post
Great report. Really enjoyed reading it. Lots of good ideas for us for our first visit to DC next year. Thanks for taking time to complete and share.
I'm glad it's given you lots of tips. It was a great city to visit. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The American Indian museum looks fascinating - I didn’t know about the preferred term either.

You got so much done in five days, great to know you can have a good visit in a short time period.

I didn’t realise your flights were business one way...the only time I’ve flown business was with my dad who got it through work, but as I travelled home without him, I was back in cattle class...sad isn’t it?! lovely that you space to spread out a bit at least!

I’ve never been to Toronto so if that is the next city break, I look forward to reading all about it! Thanks for sharing another holiday with us.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
The American Indian museum looks fascinating - I didn’t know about the preferred term either.

You got so much done in five days, great to know you can have a good visit in a short time period.

I didn’t realise your flights were business one way...the only time I’ve flown business was with my dad who got it through work, but as I travelled home without him, I was back in cattle class...sad isn’t it?! lovely that you space to spread out a bit at least!

I’ve never been to Toronto so if that is the next city break, I look forward to reading all about it! Thanks for sharing another holiday with us.
5 days was easily enough time. We had a nice time out at the zoo and Georgetown but to be honest you could skip that and stay nearer the Mall and do the museums.

I didn't have enough points for business both ways so, it was just economy on the way back but the extra seat space helped and we managed to have a bit of a nap.

Dave would really love to go to Canada as one of his grandparents was French Canadian so he's keen to see some of it.

Old 4 Dec 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another fantastic day - both of the museums you visited look really interesting. I like the look of all of your meals at the Dubliner, but especially Dave's stew. You can't go wrong with an Irish pub in America... we found a fabulous one in NYC.

Thank you for writing this report Abby, you know already how much I want to visit Washington DC and this has just whet my appetite for it even more. I'm going to read Jo's report as well to get even more info and file it away for when I finally get to plan this trip!

Your future plans sound fab... Canada is also on our list, in fact we almost booked it for this year but the dates we wanted to go clashed with my DD's graduation so as you know we ended up in Orlando again, but we'll get there one day. You can go first and then I'll have it all planned out for me

Thanks again Abby, great report - and now I can get back to your Bare Necessities one

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another fantastic day - both of the museums you visited look really interesting. I like the look of all of your meals at the Dubliner, but especially Dave's stew. You can't go wrong with an Irish pub in America... we found a fabulous one in NYC.

Thank you for writing this report Abby, you know already how much I want to visit Washington DC and this has just whet my appetite for it even more. I'm going to read Jo's report as well to get even more info and file it away for when I finally get to plan this trip!

Your future plans sound fab... Canada is also on our list, in fact we almost booked it for this year but the dates we wanted to go clashed with my DD's graduation so as you know we ended up in Orlando again, but we'll get there one day. You can go first and then I'll have it all planned out for me

Thanks again Abby, great report - and now I can get back to your Bare Necessities one
Yes the Irish pub was good, Dave did pick well with his stew.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading about DC and our trip. I'm sure you've got a long list of places to visit like me. But DC was definitely worth it. Jo had a different but simile trip to us, she was better organised than me as she managed to get White House tickets, I think you really have to request these as soon as you can and she also got up the monument with a very clever idea. Anyway, I won't spoil it for you and I'll let her tell her story. It was interesting to read hers as we had only just got back home too so it was all very recent.

I'll make sure I plan trips a year ahead of you it will really help with the planning. I find I'm copying Amanda's ideas and trips in true stalker style. One day I will have to do the southern states as NOLA, Nashville, Memphis and Atlanta really appeal.

Old 2 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I've just binged this whole report and loved reading it through.

DH and I went to DC for his 30th birthday many moons ago before we had the kids and its brought all the memories back going through this report. We also walked for miles and miles every day and I clearly remember being absolutely shattered in the evenings as a result!

Toronto is a wonderful city so I'd definitely recommend this for your next trip.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
I've just binged this whole report and loved reading it through.

DH and I went to DC for his 30th birthday many moons ago before we had the kids and its brought all the memories back going through this report. We also walked for miles and miles every day and I clearly remember being absolutely shattered in the evenings as a result!

Toronto is a wonderful city so I'd definitely recommend this for your next trip.
It was tiring doing all that walking. No late nights for us out on the town at all, we were happy tucked up in bed by 8.30. The kids thought we were mental - they sat up and watched a bit of telly.

I'm glad Toronto gets the seal of approval. I want to see Niagara but as neither of us has been brave enough to drive abroard yet it has put me off in the past, but I think we need to just suck it up and go for it.

Old 6 Jan 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When we went to Toronto, it was before I was brave enough to drive overseas as well so we booked a day tour instead.

It was great, really informative and plenty of time in Niagara itself. The tour included the boat trip right up to the falls (called Maid of the Mist at the time but I think it's different now). We also stopped in Niagara on the Lake which is a really charming wee town close by with lots of quaint shops etc.

Its definitely something for you to consider if you don't fancy driving yourselves.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List