Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Dec 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Rooms really are a highlight, love the 1 bed. And this view is great, I’d be very happy in this room.

Edited at 07:11 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m reading of quite a few complaints and teething problems, including this bed falling down in the middle of the night:

(Not my picture)

It seems that there was a big media fuss, but nothing for the guests at all.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I’m reading of quite a few complaints and teething problems, including this bed falling down in the middle of the night:

(Not my picture)

It seems that there was a big media fuss, but nothing for the guests at all.
I’m sure Tom will have something to say how that has been affixed to the wall - 4 2 inch screws, really?
Old 17 Dec 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m sure Tom will have something to say how that has been affixed to the wall - 4 2 inch screws, really?
There has been a lot about it on Facebook and the general consensus seems to be that it should hold if it’s screwed in to posts, but this appears to be in the plaster. I’d be interested to hear what Tom thinks too, because that seems nuts to me!

I haven’t seen the original post though, only responses in other groups.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There really isn’t much more on the original (on the Secret Disney Group). It was updated to say they’d been given an upgraded room, then updated again to say they can’t discuss further as the situation is ongoing!
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mmm. Looks to me like they have forgotten to put all the fixings in. That bit of the frame that has come down is never supposed to move at all and no way would it hold with a few screws into plasterboard plugs.

I lay odds they should have put extra fixings somewhere and forgot. Next time we are there I will pull the bed down to check what should be done.

I never forgot to do things like that

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Latest on this …

At the newly-opened Disney’s Riviera Resort last night, a family awoke to a loud bang after a murphy bed became detached from the wall and fell on top a family member who was sleeping it. Now, it appears the resort is taking precautions by marking all of its Murphy beds “Out of Order” and asking guests not to use them.

After this morning’s incident, Maintenance at the resort has been leaving advisory notices inside rooms with similar trundle or Murphy beds to avoid any further accidents.

The advisories left on the beds read:
“We apologize for the inconvenience. This trundle bed is out of order and for your safety, it cannot be used at this time.
We want to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. If you had planned to use this bed, please contact the Front Desk so alternative arrangements can be provided.”
Analysis of the photo from the incident reported this morning shows that the furniture housing the Murphy bed was not properly installed or anchored to the wall, leading it to tip over and collapse with too much weight on the bed. Guests who were intending on using the fifth sleeper Murphy bed are being relocated to Two-Bedroom Villas to accommodate every member of the group.

DVC Owner - Polynesian
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well that is a result if you were in the 1 bed or especially studio- but will they have enough for everyone?
Old 18 Dec 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Not a fan of this one personally.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

New sales figures- Riviera up, but how it compares historically to say, Copper Creek etc we will have to wait for others more knowlegable than me to work out:

dvcnews/index.php/dvc-pr...-november-2019

Price of Riviera rising to $193 at the end of January allegedly- seems to be pushing the envelope. I suspect they will put other resorts up again then as well. Crazy.