Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Transferring in points?

Hi can anyone explain transferring of points to me please?

I’m hoping to find an owner who can transfer in some points to me to make an 11 month reservation, as I don’t have enough of my own to do what I’d like to do.

Do I need to find someone with the same use year as me? If not, how do I make reservations using points for the same resort but using different use years?

Sorry I get myself so confused with it all!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi can anyone explain transferring of points to me please?

I’m hoping to find an owner who can transfer in some points to me to make an 11 month reservation, as I don’t have enough of my own to do what I’d like to do.

Do I need to find someone with the same use year as me? If not, how do I make reservations using points for the same resort but using different use years?

Sorry I get myself so confused with it all!
If you find a member who will transfer you points the other member will simply call member services and tell them they want to transfer points to another member. They will need your name and membership number. Then they will transfer the points. Then you will have to call to confirm the points are in your account. They will never show online. Also be advised you are only allowed one transfer in and one transfer out per year.

Since you have to call member services to make the reservation the points being from a different use year shouldn't matter because all the points will be in one contract #.

Which resort are you trying to book at 11 months? How many points are you looking for?
Old 27 Dec 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
If you find a member who will transfer you points the other member will simply call member services and tell them they want to transfer points to another member. They will need your name and membership number. Then they will transfer the points. Then you will have to call to confirm the points are in your account. They will never show online. Also be advised you are only allowed one transfer in and one transfer out per year.

Since you have to call member services to make the reservation the points being from a different use year shouldn't matter because all the points will be in one contract #.

Which resort are you trying to book at 11 months? How many points are you looking for?
That’s really helpful thank you.

I’m a Bay Lake Tower owner and looking at a variety of options - it’s been hard to find anyone with BLT points, let alone with my Dec UY, so at least this broadens my options - I was just going to see what was available and if anyone was willing to do a transfer and then see if I can make anything work (we have an extended family trip planned for next New Year and I’m hoping to treat them, but I am points poor! Lol!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

I am curious--Do you know exactly how many points you need? or don't know the number yet?
Old 27 Dec 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I am curious--Do you know exactly how many points you need? or don't know the number yet?
Ideally I think it would be 45 points
Old 29 Dec 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve sent you a pm x
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List