Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Dec 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Benalmadena Dec 19. An all includio winter break with friends. Day 5, travel home.

Monday 2nd December

We both slept in this morning until 9 ish.
I packed up the rest off our stuff before going to breakfast.

We popped back upstairs to get our bags then left them in the luggage room.
It was overcast so we sat in the bar with everyone having a couple of drinks before a quick lunch.

The mini bus came on time, ours came first and then the others straight after. It took about 10 minutes to arrive at the airport.
Linda and Russell went straight to security and I tried to find a toilet. I couldn’t find any and the queue for security was short so we headed there. As soon as I was through I dashed off and came back to meet Matt. He was being held up because of the 2 bags we had for toiletries. When I said one was mine the guard said it was fine but then another guard asked for our boarding passes and then looked at our passports. He took Matts away for a few minutes, I was terrified but he came back and we were allowed to leave. I then realised matt didn’t pick up the plastic bag with the headphones in so I went back and got that.
Honestly, what a nightmare.
We dropped our bags with Russell so we could look at duty free properly. They had 20% Black Friday off certain things so Matt picked up a litre bottle of vodka, rum and gin for dds Xmas present plus I got honey rum and 2 big bars of milka and it all came to €55.
We all met up and then went to our gate.
The others boarded first but it didn’t take long for us all to get on. The seat next to me was free which was nice.
I think I slept a little and the flight was good.
Once again Matt couldn’t get through the electronic passport control so had to queue and we all waited for him. He’s going to call about it when we get home from Orlando as it happens every time.
Sandy called our mini bus and we made the journey home.
Matt and I went to mums and had a roast dinner before going home.

We had a fantastic time and it’s great to get some good weather when it’s cold at home.

Next up for us is a belated 40th in Orlando for Matt and I and a family holiday in Salou in June.
I have booked on the annual girls holiday for the first time in 18 years as well in September.
Thanks to everyone for reading.
We loved our second break there and hopefully will return next year.

Edited at 05:25 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

It sounds like a great end to a fab trip! Not long until Orlando - how exciting! What are you going to do whilst there?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip, even with a bit of airport drama at the end. Enjoy planning Orlando!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It sounds like a great end to a fab trip! Not long until Orlando - how exciting! What are you going to do whilst there?
Thank you, only one more week until Orlando. I’m so busy at work I can’t really look forward to it but when I pack at the weekend and work is back to normal then I will.
We are just doing Universal, no Disney but have a one day all day dine Seaworld ticket as well which I brought when Expedia had a deal.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds like a great trip, even with a bit of airport drama at the end. Enjoy planning Orlando!
Thank you, matt was so calm but I was having a panic.