Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Does that work with Disney tickets? Certainly doesn't with universal that I found out by mistake. Cost me another £350!
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kahunababy
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Not really a money saving tip but we bought a $4 cool box from Walmart and each morning I would fill it with ice, frozen bottles of water and frozen flannels (wet them, fold up, put in a sandwich bag and freeze overnight). We would leave the cool box in the boot of the car. When we got back to the car after a day in the parks we would open all the doors and put the aircon on to cool it (it was usually too hot to get straight in). We could then have a cold drink and freshen up with the cold flannels. It was bliss in the hot Florida sun.
Kahunababy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

May well be on the original thread, but this is Dibb favourite so I thought I'd post it anyway.

From home, take bin bags, sandwich bags, dishwasher tablets, laundry tabs, dishcloths, anti bac wipes, scourer sponges and plasters, will save a fortune if staying in a villa as buying from Walmart etc will add to your spends and everything usually comes in big packs, meaning lots of waste (or taking it home).

I usually use a plastic tub which laundry tabs come in, then fill it with bath and body works hand sanitisers on the way home in case one leaks.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Mobile

We felt a little ripped off by the Mears taxi who charge a fortune to holiday makers. We downloaded the Uber app and paid $9 instead of $40.
Just tap the screen. Say where you want to go and it will price from your location. Charged to my card too so no cash needed.
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
angfea76
Earning More Ears

Top tip

Hello folks, can't see my top tip anywhere so far but apologies if I've missed it. Anyways here goes;

I always take a picture on my phone of my children at the parking lot/row we are in. That way I've got a photo of what they are wearing if they were to get lost/ separated and a note of where we have parked.

It can easily be deleted at the end of the day once we have found the car again. (Thankfully never had to use it for lost children!)

Hope this helps someone as absent minded as me
angfea76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
katiewintle
Proud to wear my Ears

Top tips

If you had to give your 5 best top tips regarding a holiday to Disney what would they be? It can be anything from packing ideas/things to take/best restaurants to visit/other ideas...

Go...
katiewintle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
There's a huge thread stuck at the top of this forum with loads of top tips...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=976617
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

1 stay onsite
2 use magichours
3 pre book food if eating at bog
4 do ropedrop head for most popular ride
5 pack the bare essentials
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
1)Arrive to the parks early, at least for your first few days while you're adjusting to Florida time.
2)If you're on the dining plan, if you're having a QS meal at your resort, use your resort mugs and save the drink you get with your QS meal for the parks.
3)Have a plan!
4)Take breaks in the afternoon
5) Wear comfortable shoes
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
1 stay onsite
2 use magichours
3 pre book food if eating at bog
4 do ropedrop head for most popular ride
5 pack the bare essentials
At bog how do you pre order food? Is it obvious when making bookings?

I'm not near the 180 day mark yet and it's my first time lol
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List