Notices

Old 14 Apr 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 7 - Saturday 13th April

I can't believe we're half way through our trip already (although trying to look on the bright side - a week of fun still to go!).
We were going to do Volcano Bay, but a) we need a proper rest day & b) the temperature is 31 & kids are finding it hard going.
So we told them we'd have a pool day here, with a trip out for a bit of food shopping (yes, the other stuff has largely gone!).
With no alarms set (bliss), I woke at 9.10am (everyone else was already up!).
We had breakfast in the villa, then I unpacked from RPR yesterday and put some more washing on.
DH surprised me with a little gift as i was unpacking- namely the free toiletries from his room at RPR. (Being 6 of us, we always end up with 2 rooms in hotels - 1 adult & 2 children per room - if anyone knows a cheaper way around this for the future, please tell!). I could’ve kicked myself as completely forgot these from my room! DH is obviously more on the ball than I’m giving him credit for!
Here they are:

After which, I joined everyone else in the pool! Not much chance of relaxing on a pool noodle with my lot splashing around though!
Around midday, as we were concerned about kids in pool at hottest part of the day, so we got changed & drove to Publix.
The last two days have been our hottest so far, and despite regular applications of sun cream, we're still a little burnt.
Got to Publix & discovered I'd left my list behind 🙄, but luckily I think we remembered everything we needed.
In addition to milk, bread, more water, soda & meals for our ‘eat in’ days, I also bought myself a new lunch bag for work ($7.99 + tax). Not that interesting I know, but something which will remind me of Florida when I’m back at work! And here it is:

After we'd finished & got home, it was 1.30, so we had lunch in the villa.
The kids were getting a bit restless & we decided to head out to the Coldstone Creamery! 😋 😋
Omg, they are absolutely divine. We all seemed to opt for different toppings:
Choc mint chip, peanut butter, cookie dough, coffee, chocolate & strawberry. We all have eyes bigger than our bellies as none of us could finish them. Total cost was just shy of $40, just a lovely experience watching the servers mix the toppings on the cold slab, and another tick off the list of things I wanted to try! 😀 🍦 😋
On the drive back, DS spotted a Nike outlet, and youngest a gift shop, so we parked up & had a look around. Nothing purchased in Nike, but pool noodles, magnets & snorkelling masks purchased in gift shop.
Then it was back to the villa for more pool time (where we discovered the pool noodle sinks when you lean on it! 🤔, that's why it was so cheap!).
Finally, got dinner started at 7.30 (we were all full from ice cream before), and ate at 8.10pm (chicken Kiev, garlic bread, nuggets, chips, mozzarella sticks). Not that tasty, but filled a small hole!
Just a selection of the ice-cream cakes from the Coldstone Creamery freezers!

Edited at 03:16 AM. Reason: Add photos
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a lovely, chilled out day.
Ivegottadream is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

These cakes look so yummy
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Oh goodness those cakes! Wow! What a lovely chilled out day, I so wish I was there, your trip report is making me miss it so much!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Lucky it’s lunchtime... those cakes are making me hungry!
Sounds like a lovely, relaxed day.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love a chilled out day with a Coldstone in it
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely relaxing day

Joan
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Nice chilled day. I did laugh at your sinking pool noodle! 😂

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

those cakes - WOW. Sounds like it was really hot, so ice-cream is a must.
Old 6 May 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Nice relaxing day.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List