Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 13, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
illuminations dessert party

Hiya

Has anybody booked this on their wedding night for everyone?
If so what was the cost? I have been looking everywhere for prices but cant find anything.

Thanks
X
Old 19 Oct 13, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Is this the 'Wishes' Dessert Party you are referring to?

We've gone three times now and really enjoy it but on the last occasion, we were slightly further back from the front & couldn't see the fireworks properly without standing up (which we didn't like to do as it can interfere with other guests view too).
In the end we stood at the corner of the rail and saw the fireworks from there.

Its on the Tommorrowland terrace

Lovely offerings but can be a bit of a 'bun fight' when they bring all the food out, as everyone tries to grab something before the show begins and the 'hot' chocolate was lukewarm!

Cost us around $35-37 as I recall.

Can you reserve for all your party? Would have thought you'd get a 'group' /wedding package discount or perhaps an AAA membership discount? Don't know but worth asking

Hope you have a lovely wedding!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post

If your not having a Disney wedding you need to go through Disney catered events to book your DP, and if it's not a Disney wedding you probably won't be able to wear your dress

Anyway!

We are looking at UK Lochside as our venue, venue hire is $355, food and drink minimum spend is around the same again, and they will customise a menu for you. We are going to do an ice cream sundae buffet and grey goose slushies
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Is this the 'Wishes' Dessert Party you are referring to?

We've gone three times now and really enjoy it but on the last occasion, we were slightly further back from the front & couldn't see the fireworks properly without standing up (which we didn't like to do as it can interfere with other guests view too).
In the end we stood at the corner of the rail and saw the fireworks from there.

Its on the Tommorrowland terrace

Lovely offerings but can be a bit of a 'bun fight' when they bring all the food out, as everyone tries to grab something before the show begins and the 'hot' chocolate was lukewarm!

Cost us around $35-37 as I recall.

Can you reserve for all your party? Would have thought you'd get a 'group' /wedding package discount or perhaps an AAA membership discount? Don't know but worth asking

Hope you have a lovely wedding!
Hiya
Thanks for your reply
I'm really sorry don't think I worded it properly. I meant the illuninations at Epcot :-)

Aw the wishes dessert party is fab isn't it. We did that this year:-)
I think if the price is to much for the Epcot one, I will do that one again ;-)
Luby-lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
If your not having a Disney wedding you need to go through Disney catered events to book your DP, and if it's not a Disney wedding you probably won't be able to wear your dress

Anyway!

We are looking at UK Lochside as our venue, venue hire is $355, food and drink minimum spend is around the same again, and they will customise a menu for you. We are going to do an ice cream sundae buffet and grey goose slushies
Oh no I won't be able to wear my dress :-( I have looked at the escape but the Swan is better priced...

How many people does the uk lochside hold?
after the $355 hire, how much is it per person?
If all goes to plan I will have including me and hubby
13 adults
3 children

Old 19 Oct 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

We looked in to a dessert party when we had our VR too.
We decided against it because of the dress thing too. There was no way on earth I was taking off my dress until the very end of my special day!
As it turned out, I was really glad that we didn't have one as it would have been way too much food. We had a delicious meal at Citrico's and nobody would have wanted more food after that.
We were lucky enough to be staying at BLT, so we finished our day at the Top of the World Lounge and watched 'Wishes' from the balcony there, drinks in hand! It is a fabulous view if the fireworks from there and the perfect end to the perfect day! 'Wishes' is my favourite fireworks show at WDW, and the TOTWL pipe in the music too. It was enormous fun going on the monorail between the GF and the Contemporary as well. Of course, our the firework finale to our day was free, which is always a bonus!
You can have a 'Wishes' DP at the GF where you can wear your dress. You could book this through Disney Catered events, but do not mention that it is for a wedding (say it's a 'family celebration') or else they will refer you straight back to DFTW. This is the only way you can have a Disney DP and keep your dress on (I think).
Good luck xxxx

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Luby-lu View Post
Oh no I won't be able to wear my dress :-( I have looked at the escape but the Swan is better priced...

How many people does the uk lochside hold?
after the $355 hire, how much is it per person?
If all goes to plan I will have including me and hubby
13 adults
3 children

It depends on how much food and drink you have but I think the minimum is about $22 a person plus there is a $12 viewing fee if people don't have park tickets.

A private Wishes DP would be minimum $500.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 13, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Thank you for everyone for your replies
we have decided to go back to the small wedding here in England :-)
Old 20 Oct 13, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread