Notices

Old 4 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
So excited for you all! That villa looks beautiful 😍
We fell in love with it as soon as we saw it! So excited to stay there!

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Looking forward to reading a!ong. Enjoy the planning!
Thank you so much for joining, I can't wait to crack on with all the planning!

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
So exciting! The villa looks amazing! I'm not a waterpark fan but the pool looks so good.

Looking forward to following along with your plans xx
The waterpark definitely was a selling point, I can't wait to be floating around that lazy river!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Looking forward to reading along!
Thank you so much, no doubt there will be updates coming soon!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

How exciting for you all. Looking forward to reading this! xx
Old 4 Jan 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
How exciting for you all. Looking forward to reading this! xx
So excited... and as you are a pro of travelling with a little one any hints/tips would be most appreciated!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
So excited... and as you are a pro of travelling with a little one any hints/tips would be most appreciated!
She's going on her 4th trip to Florida in a few weeks, I think we need to start taking her to other places

We've actually bought a kids Fire for the plane to hopefully keep her occupied. I'm not normally one for encouraging kids to sit with their face in a screen but if it gets us through the flight then so be it! We tried taking new toys when we went in September and she just wasn't interested so I'm hoping the Fire works for us.

We found that doing the parks late afternoon to evening worked better due to how hot it was. We spent time in the pools and water parks and then got showered and went to a park or dinner. That worked well for us and we we mainly just went with the flow. We didn't really plan an itinerary so I would say to just see how you all feel and see how Charlie is each day and go from there. If you get a stroller fan get one that has an enclosure, Ava ripped off one of the foam propellers within 2 seconds
Old 4 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

I am so excited to see this! Very much enjoyed the little stroll down memory lane - can't believe 2016 is such a dim and distant place in the past now.

Loving John and Joan's cowboy hats. And that villa - serious interior design goals. And what a pool area - almost tempting me to an off site stay.

Hope it's near a McDonalds for your milkshake fix xx
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love the look of your villa, it's refreshing to see one looking so fresh and modern. The water park looks great too, it will be nice to chill out there in the evenings.

Glad to hear Charlie has his own seat on the plane, I don't have kids but I always feel sorry for families who are so short of space on the plane.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans for Charlie's first trip, it's fab you have some babysitters along for the ride.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
She's going on her 4th trip to Florida in a few weeks, I think we need to start taking her to other places

We've actually bought a kids Fire for the plane to hopefully keep her occupied. I'm not normally one for encouraging kids to sit with their face in a screen but if it gets us through the flight then so be it! We tried taking new toys when we went in September and she just wasn't interested so I'm hoping the Fire works for us.

We found that doing the parks late afternoon to evening worked better due to how hot it was. We spent time in the pools and water parks and then got showered and went to a park or dinner. That worked well for us and we we mainly just went with the flow. We didn't really plan an itinerary so I would say to just see how you all feel and see how Charlie is each day and go from there. If you get a stroller fan get one that has an enclosure, Ava ripped off one of the foam propellers within 2 seconds
Haha I can't believe that in her short little life Ava has been to Florida more times than I have!

We generally don't allow Charlie near the iPad but needs must when it comes to a long haul flight... I will be doing anything to keep him entertained!

And good news, our stroller fan is in a enclosed case!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I am so excited to see this! Very much enjoyed the little stroll down memory lane - can't believe 2016 is such a dim and distant place in the past now.

Loving John and Joan's cowboy hats. And that villa - serious interior design goals. And what a pool area - almost tempting me to an off site stay.

Hope it's near a McDonalds for your milkshake fix xx
Ah 2016... the year we became friends, it will always hold a special place in my heart

And fear not there is a McDonalds close by (this is top criteria when booking a villa of course!)

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love the look of your villa, it's refreshing to see one looking so fresh and modern. The water park looks great too, it will be nice to chill out there in the evenings.

Glad to hear Charlie has his own seat on the plane, I don't have kids but I always feel sorry for families who are so short of space on the plane.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans for Charlie's first trip, it's fab you have some babysitters along for the ride.
Yes we loved how fresh and modern it was, most unusual for villas in Orlando. Definitely a major selling point, particularly as I think we will be having much more villa time this trip than in previous years!
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Yay Lisa! Super exciting
Ooh your villa looks so lovely and Charlie is going to love that splash area!
It will be here before you know it
Xxx
PS getting him his own seat is worth every penny
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

That villa looks like a show home! it's stunning! looking forward to the report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Ah, you must be so excited to be taking Charlie on his first trip to Florida!
We also don’t let our DS on the iPad, unless it’s on a flight and then he can fill his boots - not much else for them to do really! We flew to the Middle East a few times when he was small and he wouldn’t sleep, but would just zone out in front of a film which kept him quiet - fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you.

We’ll be arriving shortly after you leave, so will be reading along for lots of tips and ideas!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List