Notices

Old 14 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
I will keep my eyes peeled for you guys! And don't worry I have my own Mr Grump too, although mine has never been to Florida, and despite me telling him that things are expensive I feel like he is going to be a 'Mr HOW MUCH?' Rather like that trip when you told Thomas he had to pay tax on top

In total we are doing 22 nights, 11 at universals endless summer and 11 at CRS with DDP and I feel very under planned seeing your plans! We are just focusing on getting it all paid off at the moment!

I have a few plans and ideas but need to sit down and work out where to spend all our dining credits, especially with only 2 months until ADR day!

I will most likely do my Pre Trip either next month or November so lets hope I have a plan by then!
At least I won't have the only Grump because it sometimes feels like that

I wanted the ground to swallow me up when Thomas did that must be a male thing

Oh that will be amazing. Don't feel like that ... I'm a planning freak I love organisation haha. I think as long as you have a list of what food places you would like to go to you sorted for now. ADR day isn't till November so plenty of time ... I'm just waiting for the park hours to be released so I can start planning more

You'll get there. Please drop me a link to your report when you start it, I love reading pre-trippies and reports x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
At least I won't have the only Grump because it sometimes feels like that

I wanted the ground to swallow me up when Thomas did that must be a male thing

Oh that will be amazing. Don't feel like that ... I'm a planning freak I love organisation haha. I think as long as you have a list of what food places you would like to go to you sorted for now. ADR day isn't till November so plenty of time ... I'm just waiting for the park hours to be released so I can start planning more

You'll get there. Please drop me a link to your report when you start it, I love reading pre-trippies and reports x

Atleast you have the kids to focus on instead of a grumpy Mr Grump, This will just be two of us for 22 days, 24hr hours a day

I am already contemplating why I thought this would be a good idea... I wonder how easily I can loose him for a while in the parks

I will be sure to let you know when I have posted my Pre Trip!

Happy Planning
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Atleast you have the kids to focus on instead of a grumpy Mr Grump, This will just be two of us for 22 days, 24hr hours a day

I am already contemplating why I thought this would be a good idea... I wonder how easily I can loose him for a while in the parks

I will be sure to let you know when I have posted my Pre Trip!

Happy Planning
Oh my word! I don't know how you'll cope Mr Grump and I went to Manchester with friends for the night a couple of weeks ago and I was ready to throttle him

Just tell him he deserves a chill out day and leave him at the hotel

Fab I can't wait!

You too! XX
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

A little mini update.

Before we booked and I was looking at prices I found flights economy outbound and premium inbound. This was cheaper than economy each way! Mr Grump still wasn't convinced so I had to wait ... by the time they booked premium was loads more

I phoned Virgin to inquire how much it would be for Premium on the return purely for the comfier seats and extra room to sleep. We qwere quoted £831 which is only £166pp which I thought was quite reasonable but Mr Grump said no

I also checked about changing our flight to the earlier one. We're booked on 11.10am and there's an easrlier flight at 9.55am ... it was an extra £50 to change to this so I did. I'd rather be there much earlier than later so I'm happy with that so we now fly an extra 1hr and 15mins earlier Xx
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

That is a lovely early flight - I much prefer to get there earlier as well and a total bargain to change too! I wanted to upgrade to premium for our Boston flights, but as they are with BA you can't get through to them on the phone lines at the moment so we booked exit row seats using miles and a bit of money. I was getting stressed by how full the flight was getting, so this means we are at the front of economy and the 6 foot 3 boyfriend won't get cramp
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
That is a lovely early flight - I much prefer to get there earlier as well and a total bargain to change too! I wanted to upgrade to premium for our Boston flights, but as they are with BA you can't get through to them on the phone lines at the moment so we booked exit row seats using miles and a bit of money. I was getting stressed by how full the flight was getting, so this means we are at the front of economy and the 6 foot 3 boyfriend won't get cramp
Yeah I'm much the same and to be fair I rarely sleep the night before anyway! I'm hoping the kid's will nap on the plane or the ME and we can maybe go swimming when we get checked in and sorted

Oh that sounds lovely, you'll be pretty much first off to won't you (after first etc) xx
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yeah I'm much the same and to be fair I rarely sleep the night before anyway! I'm hoping the kid's will nap on the plane or the ME and we can maybe go swimming when we get checked in and sorted

Oh that sounds lovely, you'll be pretty much first off to won't you (after first etc) xx
We like to land early so we can go to Disney Springs, but I guess that is easier to do without tired kids in tow! I have still not managed to swim at a Disney hotel! I am always running off to the parks or Disney Springs!

I am not sure of the order off the plane really but we should definitely be first off in downstairs economy at least! It is a huge Airbus 380 so two levels and from what I have read they often unload from both levels with separate landing gear... The main reason for booking them was that half the plane seems to be first, business and premium, and that I get very anxious sat behind the wing (increased turbulence + flying phobia + phobia of being sick (air sick in this case)) = definitely worth paying to be further forward!.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Yay for the earlier flights. Boo for Chris saying no to premium!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow! I love reading your trip reports so very excited you've started a new one. Im going to POFQ (only for 2 weeks) slightly before you, we went at the same sort of time this year too!
Everything you've planned sounds so exciting, especially hopping off for a relaxing night and the universal hotel deal...that'll be amazing!
P.S. Im also on SW and dreaming about the delicious food
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
We like to land early so we can go to Disney Springs, but I guess that is easier to do without tired kids in tow! I have still not managed to swim at a Disney hotel! I am always running off to the parks or Disney Springs!

I am not sure of the order off the plane really but we should definitely be first off in downstairs economy at least! It is a huge Airbus 380 so two levels and from what I have read they often unload from both levels with separate landing gear... The main reason for booking them was that half the plane seems to be first, business and premium, and that I get very anxious sat behind the wing (increased turbulence + flying phobia + phobia of being sick (air sick in this case)) = definitely worth paying to be further forward!.
Yeah definitely, I would love to land and head our somewhere, but it'll definitely depend on travel time and how the kids are.

We did really well in May as once we got checked in at RII we got changed and headed to McDonalds and the kid's slept longer which was great.

With the airbus I think its:

Upper Class
Premium
Bubble Economy
Downstairs Economy

But I might be wrong

I'm sure you'll be fine no matter where you are though

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yay for the earlier flights. Boo for Chris saying no to premium!
I know ... I was tempted to upgrade myself haha

Originally Posted by BrilliantBadger View Post
Wow! I love reading your trip reports so very excited you've started a new one. Im going to POFQ (only for 2 weeks) slightly before you, we went at the same sort of time this year too!
Everything you've planned sounds so exciting, especially hopping off for a relaxing night and the universal hotel deal...that'll be amazing!
P.S. Im also on SW and dreaming about the delicious food
Aww thank you for reading

Oh we may see you there then! I think going to Universal for a night is part of the experience now ... not sure we could do without it

It's great to see another SW follower ... I'm really struggling to get back on it again ... really need a kick up the bum xx