Notices

Old 22 Feb 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You've got some great ADR's booked. Your plans look great it feels very manageable to me! You've put rest days in as well as afternoon rests! You'll have a great time.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

We've finally finished adding our ADRs, hopefully!

Outside of our Disney week, we have booked:
Rainforest Cafe for Hayden's birthday lunch.
Lunch at Sanaa
A marvel character meal at IOA for dinner when we're staying at Cabana Bay.

We've decided this is plenty as we don't want to pay oop for too many table service meals in the parks especially as we're doing so many in our first week on the DDP.

We still need to book our MNSSHP tickets for the 25th so we're nearly there.

I'm anxiously awaiting FP day - 101 days to go!
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
We've finally finished adding our ADRs, hopefully!

Outside of our Disney week, we have booked:
Rainforest Cafe for Hayden's birthday lunch.
Lunch at Sanaa
A marvel character meal at IOA for dinner when we're staying at Cabana Bay.

We've decided this is plenty as we don't want to pay oop for too many table service meals in the parks especially as we're doing so many in our first week on the DDP.

We still need to book our MNSSHP tickets for the 25th so we're nearly there.

I'm anxiously awaiting FP day - 101 days to go!
That sounds great. I didn’t realise you could book so far in advance for Universal, I best take a look!
Ha!... dd informed me earlier that tomorrow it will be 100 days to go until fastpass bookings it’s flying by at the moment!
Old 1 Mar 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
That sounds great. I didn’t realise you could book so far in advance for Universal, I best take a look!
Ha!... dd informed me earlier that tomorrow it will be 100 days to go until fastpass bookings it’s flying by at the moment!
It is. I woke up this morning, after Dh had kindly let me have a lie in, to discover he was looking at maps and planning FPs so I was like, yeah, let's do it! I didn't get dressed until nearly 11am as we sat there and came up with a game plan for the first week including FPs - is that a bit sad? 🙊
Old 1 Mar 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

It is. I woke up this morning, after Dh had kindly let me have a lie in, to discover he was looking at maps and planning FPs so I was like, yeah, let's do it! I didn't get dressed until nearly 11am as we sat there and came up with a game plan for the first week including FPs - is that a bit sad? 🙊
Ha ha... well if it is, it’s my kind of sad! 😆 My dh loves Florida and loves us to have a plan... but it is really me that has to be the motivator when it comes to research and organising! I’d be delighted if he sat me down and made actual suggestions 😳 (although the control freak in my might start getting a bit twitchy &#129315
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your plans are coming together really well and I'm glad you have managed to book all your ADRs. What a lovely treat to find DH getting a plan for FP together this morning, not getting dressed until 11am sounds like a perfect Sunday morning.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm finding the HS rides and which to FP a bit of a minefield and that's assuming RoTR remains boarding groups! Do we go with Slinky dog, Mickey and Minnie's runaway minetrain or smugglers run?

Initially we decided FP Smugglers run as everyone can and will want to do that, then ropedrop Slinky as Hayden doesn't want to do it and I'm not overly keen (I don't like rollercoasters). However it seems like it's a more popular ride...

We have one morning and one evening at HS when on site but will go back twice when offsite especially when trying to do RoTR boarding groups. We can go back for a EMH in an evening if we can manage to stay awake! WWYD?
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm finding the HS rides and which to FP a bit of a minefield and that's assuming RoTR remains boarding groups! Do we go with Slinky dog, Mickey and Minnie's runaway minetrain or smugglers run?

Initially we decided FP Smugglers run as everyone can and will want to do that, then ropedrop Slinky as Hayden doesn't want to do it and I'm not overly keen (I don't like rollercoasters). However it seems like it's a more popular ride...

We have one morning and one evening at HS when on site but will go back twice when offsite especially when trying to do RoTR boarding groups. We can go back for a EMH in an evening if we can manage to stay awake! WWYD?
Yes it’s all very confusing at the moment and feels a bit “if” and “but”! I think I’m going to prioritise FP for Slinky and Mickey and Minnie. I’ve read that Smugglers Run has high capacity and queues tend to be lower later in the day... hoping that this is correct!
The tiers and boarding pass are frustrating me a bit because I like the idea of experiencing lands as a whole rather than dipping in and out.
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The FP booking and tiers have been on my mind too and I've spent a bit of time thinking about it. I've planned in some visits to HS after water parks so that we can get FP in the evening too. So I'm hoping to be able to FP all 3, on different days obviously.

But for you, are you all planning on doing smugglers run? If not then those that want to could do it using the single rider line and then you wouldn't have to use a FP for it. If you don't like coasters then perhaps slinky isn't for you, it's similar to big thunder mountain railroad, have you done that? If not then it's probably not for you. I'm really looking forward to the new Mickey and Minnie runaway train though and I can't wait to ride this.

I'm also wondering what's going to happen with the Epcot fast passes, I'm really hoping Ratatouille will be open for us and this will surely be added to tier 1, but with spaceship earth closing for the refurb there is hardly anything in tier 2.

At least at MK we don't have the problem of tiers.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The FP booking and tiers have been on my mind too and I've spent a bit of time thinking about it. I've planned in some visits to HS after water parks so that we can get FP in the evening too. So I'm hoping to be able to FP all 3, on different days obviously.

But for you, are you all planning on doing smugglers run? If not then those that want to could do it using the single rider line and then you wouldn't have to use a FP for it. If you don't like coasters then perhaps slinky isn't for you, it's similar to big thunder mountain railroad, have you done that? If not then it's probably not for you. I'm really looking forward to the new Mickey and Minnie runaway train though and I can't wait to ride this.

I'm also wondering what's going to happen with the Epcot fast passes, I'm really hoping Ratatouille will be open for us and this will surely be added to tier 1, but with spaceship earth closing for the refurb there is hardly anything in tier 2.

At least at MK we don't have the problem of tiers.
Yes we all want to do smugglers run which is why I wonder if we should prioritise it? Reading that the queue is better than Slinky would make it more bearable to do as standby, I guess.

I went on BTM at DLP as a child and it terrified me so haven't been brave enough to do a coaster since!

I think we might see what happens over the next few months as to what to do.

Epcot is the other one I'm wondering about too with ratatouille being added to the list. You're right Goldia, if they don't change the tiers, there's not much choice for tier 2!