Notices

Old 7 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

This looks the perfect itinerary to me and I may well steal it for 2021! We're intending to surprise drop in on my sister and brother in law and their kids at Hilton Head Island for their wedding anniversary! The kids know but it's a surprise for them, and it's in August too.

Your 'cabin' looks amazing in the Mountains. I would love to go to Dollywood, I'm a huge Walking Dead fan and also Gone with the Wind.

Hoping it all works out for you. We don't go until September so have a bit more time to stress about it! Can't wait to read your report, whenever you go.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anji View Post
This looks the perfect itinerary to me and I may well steal it for 2021! We're intending to surprise drop in on my sister and brother in law and their kids at Hilton Head Island for their wedding anniversary! The kids know but it's a surprise for them, and it's in August too.

Your 'cabin' looks amazing in the Mountains. I would love to go to Dollywood, I'm a huge Walking Dead fan and also Gone with the Wind.

Hoping it all works out for you. We don't go until September so have a bit more time to stress about it! Can't wait to read your report, whenever you go.
Thank you Anji, steal away I’ve already nabbed plans from your Florida and New England road trips 😂.
What a wonderful surprise that would be. I love surprising people so would definitely be doing what you’re doing if I could!
If we don’t get to go next year we may see you there as August is our preferred time to go.
I’m very excited about staying in that cabin, it will be hard to drag ourselves away each day to go out.
The Walking Dead was starting to bore me the last few seasons but this latest one is brilliant so it’s renewed my excitement to visit the sets. Did you read that last nights episode will be the last one until later I’m the year? I can’t believe they’re making us wait that long!
I really hope you get to go away too, I love reading about your holidays. I think we all need that one thing to look forward to at the moment

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Your plans sound so exciting. I hope you do get to do the trip this year and you don't have to delay. We watched Forrest Gump with the kids a few months ago and it is still a great movie. They used to wonder what the fuss was all about at Bubba Gumps. Now they know. I'd love to see you sitting on the bench and eating a box of chocolates.

The whole plan must have taken ages to put together there are so many parts to it and you've tried to make sure everyone has something to look forward to.

I bet Dollywood is fun. It's not somewhere I've seen in many trip reports so it will be great to see how you get on. Some of the rides are supposed to be pretty intense!

I hope all of you stay well. Good luck with painting the ceiling. There's just no excuse to be able to put off those pesky jobs now. My house is going to be the most spotless it's ever been I reckon.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you Anji, steal away I’ve already nabbed plans from your Florida and New England road trips 😂.
What a wonderful surprise that would be. I love surprising people so would definitely be doing what you’re doing if I could!
If we don’t get to go next year we may see you there as August is our preferred time to go.
I’m very excited about staying in that cabin, it will be hard to drag ourselves away each day to go out.
The Walking Dead was starting to bore me the last few seasons but this latest one is brilliant so it’s renewed my excitement to visit the sets. Did you read that last nights episode will be the last one until later I’m the year? I can’t believe they’re making us wait that long!
I really hope you get to go away too, I love reading about your holidays. I think we all need that one thing to look forward to at the moment
Ah happy to see we are inspiring each other! I really want to do our planned trip in September though as I would be torn between re-booking that and doing the trip to include Hilton Head, as we wouldn't be able to do both!

Love this series of Walking Dead and thought Samantha Morton was outstandingly scary! Yes, such a shame the lockdown came just a few days short of finishing editing the final espisode. Did you see the extended preview of it on Talking Dead?

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
Florida Road Trip 2022
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your plans sound so exciting. I hope you do get to do the trip this year and you don't have to delay. We watched Forrest Gump with the kids a few months ago and it is still a great movie. They used to wonder what the fuss was all about at Bubba Gumps. Now they know. I'd love to see you sitting on the bench and eating a box of chocolates.

The whole plan must have taken ages to put together there are so many parts to it and you've tried to make sure everyone has something to look forward to.

I bet Dollywood is fun. It's not somewhere I've seen in many trip reports so it will be great to see how you get on. Some of the rides are supposed to be pretty intense!

I hope all of you stay well. Good luck with painting the ceiling. There's just no excuse to be able to put off those pesky jobs now. My house is going to be the most spotless it's ever been I reckon.
Thank you Abby, I so hope we do too! I seem to flit day to day from being
silently optimistic to feeling like the whole thing is doomed.

We watched Bubba Gumps recently with the kids too, was it on around Christmas maybe?
Oh challenge accepted, I will absolutely sit on that bench and eat a box of chocolates

We (I ) have written so many different versions of this holiday but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy redoing the plan

Looking forward to Dollywood, I will be chief bag holder for the really intense rides as I’m a complete wuss but will be at the front of the crowd in my cowboy hat watching the country music stage shows

Same to you too, how are you all coping? Must be nice now that it’s officially the Easter hols so you have more time to do bits around the house.
I’m REALLY not looking forward to painting the ceiling but we had a leak from the en-suite when it got refitted last year and it’s up to me to sort it. Really annoying as the whole room only got decorated less than 2 years ago. I don’t trust Jim with a paint brush either as he doesn’t have OCD tendencies like me

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Smithlane, love your plan and like your starting point a great place we went to Sawgrass and watched the Players Championships, ( sorry if that makes your partner jealous but much cheaper than events over here). If you get chance try and visit Savannah it’s our favourite US city. Hope all goes well and things are up and running again. We have just rescheduled our Florida trip from this June to next May. Good luck and stay safe. Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ah happy to see we are inspiring each other! I really want to do our planned trip in September though as I would be torn between re-booking that and doing the trip to include Hilton Head, as we wouldn't be able to do both!

Love this series of Walking Dead and thought Samantha Morton was outstandingly scary! Yes, such a shame the lockdown came just a few days short of finishing editing the final espisode. Did you see the extended preview of it on Talking Dead?
This is exactly how I feel with our trip this year. We’ve pencilled in doing a Texas road trip next year which I really want to do but like you wouldn’t be able to do both if we don’t get to go this year. In 2022 we are hoping to go back to Florida to get married and it would potentially be the last family holiday as Hope will be 19 so wanted to end on a big high. It’s for that holiday I’ve stolen plans from your Florida road trip . First world problems I know but I think most on here understand

Samantha Morton played the part brilliantly, she truly terrified me much more than Neegan ever did!
Ooh I didn’t watch the Talking Dead, I’ll try and find it on catch up. Thank you for the heads up!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 7 Apr 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Smithlane, love your plan and like your starting point a great place we went to Sawgrass and watched the Players Championships, ( sorry if that makes your partner jealous but much cheaper than events over here). If you get chance try and visit Savannah it’s our favourite US city. Hope all goes well and things are up and running again. We have just rescheduled our Florida trip from this June to next May. Good luck and stay safe. Brian
Thank you Brian!
Jim would be insanely jealous about that. He tried for Ryder Cup tickets for this year in Wisconsin but (thankfully ) wasn’t successful. Mind you the chances are that may get cancelled too.
We will definitely get to Savannah even if it is a fleeting visit. After reading WileyCoyotes trip report from October it’s made me really excited to go to some of the places they went.
I’m glad you managed to reschedule your holiday to next year, at least it gives you some certainty on when you’re going. I think this is what’s driving me slightly insane is nobody truly knows what the world will look like in the Summer. Stay safe too

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 7 Apr 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
This is exactly how I feel with our trip this year. We’ve pencilled in doing a Texas road trip next year which I really want to do but like you wouldn’t be able to do both if we don’t get to go this year. In 2022 we are hoping to go back to Florida to get married and it would potentially be the last family holiday as Hope will be 19 so wanted to end on a big high. It’s for that holiday I’ve stolen plans from your Florida road trip . First world problems I know but I think most on here understand

Samantha Morton played the part brilliantly, she truly terrified me much more than Neegan ever did!
Ooh I didn’t watch the Talking Dead, I’ll try and find it on catch up. Thank you for the heads up!
Wow a Florida wedding - that would be perfect last family holiday! We did Texas a few years back as DD was bridesmaid. I didn't do a trip report but, needless too say, we did a big road trip too! Ask if you need any help!

Must admit to having a massive crush on Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
Florida Road Trip 2022
Old 7 Apr 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Wow a Florida wedding - that would be perfect last family holiday! We did Texas a few years back as DD was bridesmaid. I didn't do a trip report but, needless too say, we did a big road trip too! Ask if you need any help!

Must admit to having a massive crush on Jeffrey Dean Morgan!
It’s been a dream of mine to get married on Anna Maria Island since we first went there in 2017, that’s if we don’t kill each other by the time this lockdown is over

Ooh thank you I’ll remember that for when the planning starts.

Oh I totally fell for him years ago when he was in Greys Anatomy as Denny. Completely different characters though

IG - alicialanesmith