Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 21 Jul 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

Wheelchair and fastpasses

My daughter broke her ankle recently. She’s out of the cast and should be able to walk a little by the time we go but she will mostly be using a wheelchair.
As we have no experience of wheelchair use, I have been researching how Disney and Universal work with a wheelchair. I understand we won’t get a DAS and will go in normal queues. However, I came across a comment about some Disney fastpasses not being needed for just a few rides - ie just where there is a special wheelchair access so you we can’t use the normal queue or the fastpass queue.
Can anyone direct me to any information about this? I would prefer to not book a fastpass if we can’t use it anyway, and save it for ride where we can use the fastpass queue.
At universal we have FOLP as staying at Hard Rock but if anyone has any tips they would be appreciated.

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You will use the exit at Big Thunder Mountain (lots of stairs the normal way), they take you out of normal queue about halfway on Splash Mountain and Haunted House.
Kali Rapids they have a special raft which you get to half way through queue,Toy story mania also goes a different way before the steps. I’m sure there’s more, I’ll have a think.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you! Where they take you out of the queue, I assume they also take you out of the fastpass queue? I have booked fastpasses for all of the above, so I hope the wheelchair route is also acccesible from the the fastpass queue?
I’m thinking I might cancel the Big Thunder fastpasses. Or do you only get to go to the wheelchair entrance immediately if you have a fp? I think I read somewhere they give you a return time to go to the wheelchair entrance? Or did I imagine that?
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fairy123 View Post
Thank you! Where they take you out of the queue, I assume they also take you out of the fastpass queue? I have booked fastpasses for all of the above, so I hope the wheelchair route is also acccesible from the the fastpass queue?
I’m thinking I might cancel the Big Thunder fastpasses. Or do you only get to go to the wheelchair entrance immediately if you have a fp? I think I read somewhere they give you a return time to go to the wheelchair entrance? Or did I imagine that?
Yes they do. You usually end up fighting the people coming out. Sometimes at BTMR they ask if you’ve got a fastpass but I think it depends on how busy they are. We always go straight to the exit. There’s a rope to stop you and eventually someone will come and take you through into a holding place inside. You will save time with FPs for the others because you do have to queue about halfway but are taken out before any steps.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amberdane
Proud to wear my Ears

Star Tours at Hollywood studios you are directed in the fast pass entrance and then go up a ramp to join the front part of the queue so we found out no fastpass needed for our party when riding this. Spaceship Earth at Epcot has a separate entrance for wheelchairs so fastpasses would be a waste here too. It’s tough To Be A Bug at Animal Kingdom also has wheelchair seating for user and family. Any of the shows (Beauty & Beast, Frozen, Indiana Jones, Lion King, Nemo) all have wheelchair seating which you are directed to with your family so it would be a waste really to use a fastpass.
amberdane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. All help is much appreciated.