Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Anyone know much about plumbing?

We would like to have an ensuite put into our bedroom. We have the room but not sure the logistics with pipes / water supply. The room is located next to the boiler but the other end of the house to the bathroom and downstairs WC. We would only want a bath and a basin so no soil pipe needed.

Will this be doable? I dont want to waste anyone's time getting plumbers to come and look of there is no way we can achieve anything.

Thanks in advance
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If no soil pipe then so much easier. So as long as you don't mind a load of floorboards lifted it's not that hard to run hot and cold anywhere.
The problem is the 40 or 45mm waste that cannot cross over joists as that's too much to cut out. If you do the floor will collapse!
However it may be it can run the length of them which is fine. Better still punch straight through the outside wall and then next find a way to a drain.
Sometimes though the pipe run externally can look bloody awful so that's a consideration as well.

So to answer your query yes it can be done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have an en-suite I; our master only cost us £200 more to put in a toilet but added £1000 to the value of the house
We have a family bathroom family shower room guest powder rom with toilet and our en-suite so worth it for us
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
OP. If you do want a loo you can get a macerator system.
I don't like them though.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mr T we had one of those when we moved in here it+was even more temperamental than Florida plumbing fine if it’s only well let’s say liquid to flush an£ cheap cheap loo roll otherwise arm your self with a industrial strength plunger rubber gloves and a couple of buck ts and a jug to scoop out maybe TMIF sorry
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Mr T we had one of those when we moved in here it+was even more temperamental than Florida plumbing fine if it’s only well let’s say liquid to flush an£ cheap cheap loo roll otherwise arm your self with a industrial strength plunger rubber gloves and a couple of buck ts and a jug to scoop out maybe TMIF sorry
Helen. Spot on. The concept is brilliant, the reality not so much sad to say.

Old 18 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yep horrible things, as tom said out of the wall and in a drain, but horrible pipes up the wall 🙄
Move ya bedroom to the other end of the house and pick up the soil pipe.

Colin

Edited at 11:38 PM. Reason: fat thimbs
colin39 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thanks everyone. We definitely don't want a toilet as we aren't going to completely close off the space, something like this is what I have in mind, not on carpet though!

Our bedroom is over a car port so I'm hoping we can pop any pipes out of sight behind one of the brick pillars.

Fingers crosses. I've got someone coming to look at it this week now I know if might be possible.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List