Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We leave Virgin every year and sign up again in the others name, ie mine one year, hubbys next and so on. We do have to send the equipment back but it ensures we always have the newest router / Vbox ect and it serves us well. We pay £30 a month for TV, Broadband & phone although we only really use the broadband & watch Now TV & Netflix.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin rang us offering their £109 package for £29.99 fixed for 12 months.
Two V6 Tivos, fibre, landline, full Sky, and BT Sport.
If we took the same offer without landline it would be £49.99.

If it included F1 we probably would go with Virgin for the year to save the £10 per month, then go back to Sky and BT.

Trouble could be restoring copper broadband after swapping to Virgin fibre.
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
We are currently paying 135.00 pound a month for sky tv and broadband I am going to ring today to try and reduce the cost this is just ridiculous any ideas how I can do this going to cancel movies but hubby wants sports tv ... do you think I could cancel it and then reinstate it in my hubbys name as I have seen new customers getting it for as little as 35 pound a month ? any help advice appreciated thanks
You seem to be paying around the same as we are, our Broadband isn’t even super fast just basic speed.
Let us know if you get any reduction, our contract is up quite soon & I have to get my payments down considerably.i
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

When we had Sky they weren't interested in reducing our costs so we just cancelled and after a few months we didn't miss it and now would not go back.

So I would just cancel the lot. There is no way I would pay Sky or any TV company over £20 a month for all in. The cost for Sky is ridiculous and its only going to get more expensive for less now that Comcast took them over and need to increase prices to claw back the amount they over paid for it.
Anything that is on Sky can be got for free elsewhere if you know where to look.

When we had Sky they weren't interested in reducing our costs so we just cancelled and after a few months we didn't miss it and now would not go back

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Would you consider a freesat box. It’s a one off fee and then free to use. I thought ours was excellent and to be honest regret getting rid of it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there anything on Freesat over Freeview other than regional variations of BBC/ITV etc ?
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Is there anything on Freesat over Freeview other than regional variations of BBC/ITV etc ?
It’s got quite a few channels and also apps for Netflix.

freesat/whats/full-channel-list/

The only reason I switched to sky was I got a deal for £10/month and we couldn’t get W on our freesat box.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah right, thanks.
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
We are currently paying 135.00 pound a month for sky tv and broadband I am going to ring today to try and reduce the cost this is just ridiculous any ideas how I can do this going to cancel movies but hubby wants sports tv ... do you think I could cancel it and then reinstate it in my hubbys name as I have seen new customers getting it for as little as 35 pound a month ? any help advice appreciated thanks
yes you could cancel and get everything new in your hubby's name but you may have a period of down time.
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

My daughter used to work at the Sky call centre in the "Turnaround Team". If you call to cancel you're passed on to this group and they are targetted to make customers stay with them. You have to sound very convincing that you will leave so might be useful to have some costs of other providers.

If there are channels you want to keep then mention these are part of any new deal. Like a previous poster said- have a figure in mind that you are prepared to pay.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List