Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

DCL Booking Window

Hi my booking window opens tomorrow for excursions etc.

4 nights Very Merry Christmas Cruise on the Dream in November.

Is there any way of seeing what is available BEFORE the window opens. People on the FB group are getting v excited about it but I think I need to be up at 5 am if I want to have the most options.

Is there anything that I should book? I've heard the Palo brunch is good? Anything else?
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
If you’re interested, book the ticketed character events, e.g. there’s usually a Frozen one, a princess one and a character breakfast. These are free, but require tickets.

Look on the DCL cruise website for your ports of call to see which port adventures you would be interested in. Keep in mind they may not be the exact ones available on your cruise (as we discovered with Norway!) but will give you an idea.

Is there anyone in your FB group who is higher than you in the Castaway Club? E.g. if you are a new cruiser, silver, gold and platinum members will already have been able to book so they could screenshot the options for you and post them in the group. This is what happened for our cruise on the Magic last week.

So jealous you’re doing a Very Merrytime cruise!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi,
No way of seeing what's left unless someone with a higher Castaway status than you posts the info on your group.
I'm presuming that this is your first cruise, in which case, you'll have 0-1% chance of getting a Palo brunch I'm afraid, but all is not lost - when you embark the ship, go straight to where they are doing dining amendments and Palo bookings (will be detailed in the Navigator you're given in the terminal) - you can try for one there and get on a waitlist if they have none. They always keep some back for embark day, but you need to be there for around 12:45 to stand in line.

I personally wouldn't book anything, not even Palo brunch if it were my first cruise. There are too many other things to fit in on a short cruise, the time will fly by for you.
On Castaway Cay, just relax or, if you're feeling energetic, rent a bike for an hour, but no need to book at all, just do it on the day if you feel like it.

Like Jason says above, if you want the bookable character meets, then do those, but characters are out and about every day, all day and evening so you can always just queue up to see them.
For Christmas stuff, you may be able to book a meet with FC and also gingerbread house building, although I think you have to sign up on the ship for that (check the Navigator!)

You will not miss out at all by just enjoying the ship and not booking anything.

Joa

Edited at 10:26 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

thanks both, perhaps I won't attempt to get up at 5 am tomorrow then! : )
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

how long do the queues tend to be for the characters on the cruises?
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
how long do the queues tend to be for the characters on the cruises?
Some are longer than others, but no more than 20 mins I would guess. If you check your app (when onboard) and queue up 10 mins before the character is due to appear, you won't need to wait so long.

For characters in special costume, the queues will be longer of course - Mickey and Minnie in Christmas costume will be a crowd puller, but Cinders in her normal dress, maybe not.

There's no fixed time, but it can be significantly less than at the parks.