Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like the Disney Dream has ended up in Cozumel today.
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hurricane with 185 mph winds and moving at 3mph, now 10km off Castaway Cay and 20km off Coco Cay. I hope they are not devastated.
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Footage coming in from the surrounding islands shows devastation. The Eye is passing over Castaway as I type.

The Disney Dreams postponed Wednesday return as now been postponed further, until Thursday. The shortened following sailing has now been cancelled completely.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
This is our cruise, and we're disappointed with the offer. I honestly feel that the remaining 2 day cruise will be cancelled eventually too, looking at Wednesday's forecast. At least that means that we'd get a full refund - mind you we've already spent a lot of the 50% refund booking POFQ for those few days and some of the rest will go on food and drink!
We are now looking forward to seeing POFQ for the first time in years of going to WDW, and will still enjoy exploring the Dream on the 2 nights onboard, especially with a few free cocktails
3rd world problems I suppose! There are worse things
I'm gutted for you after hearing they've cancelled your cruise completely. The only bright light in this is that you can get 20% off of a future cruise. In the past, DCL has done 25% so I'm disappointed they have lowered the amount frankly.
Really hoping you can plan again and this time have a great cruise.

Stay safe for the rest of your holiday.

Joa
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I feel your pain having your cruise cancelled. We had our cruise cancelled due to Irma but only found our half way across the Atlantic. We then had the worry of whether there was accommodation available on arrival. We also had 25% off a future cruise so very surprised it’s now only 20%. Hope you can find something to fill in your 3 extra days on land.
At the end of the day safety has to be first priority and it’s so sad to hear of the devastation in the Bahamas. We have holidayed in the Bahamas in the past and the people are lovely. Really feel for them as they rely on tourism so much.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Feel so sad for all the people affected. We were at Castaway Cay last week on The Dream and had such a wonderful time.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I feel terribly sorry for anyone effected by these events.
Last year we was on a cruise that was in the area when hurricane Florence hit, which meant we spent most of the cruise sailing around the Atlantic trying to avoid the hurricane.
Because of this, we cancelled this years cruise, on Disney Fantasy to the Caribbean, which we should have been flying out to pick up later this week.
I think we’ve had a lucky escape.
I hope everyone stays safe.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so sorry that your cruise got cancelled. I know how disappointed and upset my family would have been. I had hoped that even though the cruise had been cut to 2 nights, that it would have still gone ahead or that people were able to transfer to the 3 day one.

I was on the 3 night which turned out to be a 6 day cruise.

We found out that it had been extended to a 5 night cruise while we were at Epcot via a Facebook group. At first we thought people were making things up, but we rang Disney who confirmed that we could go on the extended cruise, cancel or rebook the same cruise by 31st October.

If we cancelled, I think we would have lost our money as the cruise hadn't been cancelled, we didn't want to rearrange the cruise as we had no idea when we would be able to do the cruise as no plans as yet to visit Florida. We decided to take the extended cruise and changed our BA flights from Monday to Thursday at no extra cost (as they were unavailable on Wednesday - luckily as the cruise got extended again), told work and school we would not be back until Monday and rang the cattery to look after our cat longer.

We have been on a 3 night Dream cruise before, but when we got to the port we were told that there were under 3000 passengers instead of the usual 4000. The man checking us in said he was envious and it really was the cruise to be on. You really did notice how empty it was!

The cruise was calm (apart from the last day and night) and Disney did an amazing job of keeping us informed of updates with Dorian and our itinerary.

We went to Cozumel on Sunday and at that point thought we were going to Castaway Cay on Tuesday.

Early that evening, the captain gave an announcement to say it would not be safe to go to Castaway and that Port Canaveral was likely to be shut on Wednesday when we due to dock.

We would therefore visit Grand Cayman instead and arrive back on Thursday making it 6 nights.

The cheer that went up from the staterooms as people listened to the announcement was funny!

Then on Tuesday night we were told that there would be another announcement about our itinerary. We really thought it was going to be extended again. I was a bit worried as our flight was booked for Thursday.

Thd captain said we were still planning to be back for Thursday, but would be stopping at Castaway Cay for about an hour or so to deliver water and supplies for the island and also for the poor people on Grand Bahama and Abaco.

Disney did an excellent of rerouting the cruise to keep us safe and giving us a fantastic cruise with great ports and excellent weather.

As usual, the dining and entertainment were fantastic and we got to know our servers better throughout the cruise.

We were not charged extra for the cruise and had expected to have more tips added, but they were still based on 3 nights. We decided to give our servers a little bit more in their envelopes.

It was sad to leave the Dream yesterday morning after a brilliant time at Disney and fantastic magical mystery cruise, but we were glad to get home this morning.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I am so sorry that your cruise got cancelled. I know how disappointed and upset my family would have been. I had hoped that even though the cruise had been cut to 2 nights, that it would have still gone ahead or that people were able to transfer to the 3 day one.

I was on the 3 night which turned out to be a 6 day cruise.

We found out that it had been extended to a 5 night cruise while we were at Epcot via a Facebook group. At first we thought people were making things up, but we rang Disney who confirmed that we could go on the extended cruise, cancel or rebook the same cruise by 31st October.

If we cancelled, I think we would have lost our money as the cruise hadn't been cancelled, we didn't want to rearrange the cruise as we had no idea when we would be able to do the cruise as no plans as yet to visit Florida. We decided to take the extended cruise and changed our BA flights from Monday to Thursday at no extra cost (as they were unavailable on Wednesday - luckily as the cruise got extended again), told work and school we would not be back until Monday and rang the cattery to look after our cat longer.

We have been on a 3 night Dream cruise before, but when we got to the port we were told that there were under 3000 passengers instead of the usual 4000. The man checking us in said he was envious and it really was the cruise to be on. You really did notice how empty it was!

The cruise was calm (apart from the last day and night) and Disney did an amazing job of keeping us informed of updates with Dorian and our itinerary.

We went to Cozumel on Sunday and at that point thought we were going to Castaway Cay on Tuesday.

Early that evening, the captain gave an announcement to say it would not be safe to go to Castaway and that Port Canaveral was likely to be shut on Wednesday when we due to dock.

We would therefore visit Grand Cayman instead and arrive back on Thursday making it 6 nights.

The cheer that went up from the staterooms as people listened to the announcement was funny!

Then on Tuesday night we were told that there would be another announcement about our itinerary. We really thought it was going to be extended again. I was a bit worried as our flight was booked for Thursday.

Thd captain said we were still planning to be back for Thursday, but would be stopping at Castaway Cay for about an hour or so to deliver water and supplies for the island and also for the poor people on Grand Bahama and Abaco.

Disney did an excellent of rerouting the cruise to keep us safe and giving us a fantastic cruise with great ports and excellent weather.

As usual, the dining and entertainment were fantastic and we got to know our servers better throughout the cruise.

We were not charged extra for the cruise and had expected to have more tips added, but they were still based on 3 nights. We decided to give our servers a little bit more in their envelopes.

It was sad to leave the Dream yesterday morning after a brilliant time at Disney and fantastic magical mystery cruise, but we were glad to get home this morning.
Welcome home!
It really was a great cruise to be on if you could and so pleased you had a great time.

We're cruising next Friday and I really wish we could take clothing for the residents of GB and A .. if everyone in our FB group took 1 tshirt, they'd have over 300.
But I realise that DCL can't concern themselves with stuff like that and it's more important to offload food/water etc. I'd happily organise a clothing collection and sanitary/baby stuff. Imagine how much you'd get - it would be hods I'm sure.

Joa
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I'm gutted for you after hearing they've cancelled your cruise completely. The only bright light in this is that you can get 20% off of a future cruise. In the past, DCL has done 25% so I'm disappointed they have lowered the amount frankly.
Really hoping you can plan again and this time have a great cruise.

Stay safe for the rest of your holiday.

Joa
Thanks, we're just home after a lovely 18 days at WDW. We cancelled the Hyatt for the pre cruise night and got POFQ booked for the first 3 nights, then added an extra 2 nights onto our booking at BC. We had no park tickets for the PO part, and our DDP didn't kick in till the day we should have checked in, but we managed to get our park tickets activated 2 days earlier.
As for DCL I'm really disappointed in the way the final cancellation was managed, as the people on board (the extended cruise) knew before we were informed that it would be cancelled completely, our cruise group found out this way and most people had set off to travel. We didn't get a phone call or any personal contact - just a generic email which I only found because I looked for it due to the rumours (I don't usually look at emails on hol). We haven't claimed our final refund yet, I'm ringing tomorrow as I wanted to wait till we were home. DCL haven't yet refunded the first part of the cancellation which was agreed at the end of August.
Many of the people on the cruise who didn't pay in dollars have received refunds for less than they paid - in some cases quite a lot less, as DCL say they aren't responsible for currency fluctuations and of course the rate has gone down since we all booked/paid. I'll let you know what happens when I ring them tomorrow.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 08:13 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List