Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Manchester Virgin Lounge

We travel 13 oct 9.55am, 2 adults, 1 8 year old. Is it worth paying to go into the virgin lounge at the airport?
We are staying over at crown plaza night before and even thinking of doing the night check in! Whats thoughts?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had similar and thought no, it’s worth it if you get there early for breakfast though. Suppose you will check in night before (if still possible?), so don’t have to be in the airport probably until 8, and depends if you have your breakfast included at Crown Plaza. If you do, I wouldn’t bother.

Edited at 11:22 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We love the Virgin lounge, we always get it. It's usually very quite and relaxed. All you can eat breakfast and lunch with plenty of choice. There's a games room for kids, teens and big kids like us and a play area for little ones. Also there's a bar serving cocktails and if you want to mark the start of your holiday with one, I'd recommend it (be warned they can be very strong). They will announce when you can board and the lounge is usually across from the gate of your flight, there's no need to be rushing around or clock watching.

YorkshireT is always good for advice and I'd agree if you have breakfast at the crown then its not worth doing, but we have never had a bad experience in the Virgin lounge and its a nice and relaxing way to start the holiday.
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We dont have breakfast at crown plaza, so would be eating something at airport! Not sure we will be having alcohol at that time in morning mind thats why thinking is it worth it 🤣
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I didn’t realise you could pay to use the v-room lounge. I thought you could only use it if you had booked a package with virgin holidays and automatically got entry.
We have been given the Escape lounge free with our upper class tickets, plus you can pay to go in here.
Or can all virgin passengers use the v-room now?
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Pretty sure you need to have booked with VH to be able to book the VRoom.

Alcohol isn’t part of the package, it’s purchased separately.

Foods ok and can be relaxing but not always the case, it can be quite hectic at times also.
Gally1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest... also didn’t realise this was an option. Can anyone give an idea of prices pls. Will also be 2 x adults 1 x 8 year old! We r flying from Manchester also
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh i always thought in lounges alcohol was included 😲🥂
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Only if you are travelling with Virgin holidays , you can try to pay but may find most people book it at the same time as holiday. Believe it’s about £25-30 each , children about half price
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Oh i always thought in lounges alcohol was included 😲🥂
It is in Gatwick vroom you can upgrade to , but Manchester is pay per drink
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List