Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBroadbents
New Poster (4)

TheBroadbents's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile Should I book with Disney or 3rd party?

Hi all!
This is my first post! Yey! Looking for advice really. Always booked direct with Disney and flights separate but Attraction tickets.com are offering 200 dollars with bookings as opposed to Disney direct offering 100. I’m still reluctant to book with a third party but it seems like a no brainier when they are coming up at the same price. Any advice I’d appreciate thanks! X
TheBroadbents is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

If you book direct with Disney through Quidco what cashback would you get? That might be worth more than the extra $100
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We usually book 3rd party and have no problems... it’s a good point about the cash back though!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Depends on which third party
I used My Magic Holidays for AKL last year, the discount we got was more than the Quidco cash back.
When Disney closed the AKL pool they had us rebooked into BWI the same day, whilst the Dibb was full of posts from people holding on the phone for hours tospeak to Disney or whose third party were still insisting there were no moves to be had ... and didn't change stance for a couple of weeks.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I generally go direct with Disney and get separate flights and with MDE now such a major part of the experience I’m inclined to advise that so, if it goes glitchy during your prep you’ve booked with the people who can sort it. That said in 2018 I booked with My Magic Holiday as they got great flight prices for me. Same as the above really. Virgin cancelled our outbound flight. MMH sorted it out the same day while I was at work and avoided me spending hours to Virgin on the phone. To be fair I’ve also had great service from ATD but only for booking Universal and Discovery Cove Tickets. I’ve never booked a holiday with them.
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve booked two Disney holidays with Orlando attractions. They were 5% cheaper than Disney and absolutely fantastic on both occasions.
I would say there are certain companies that are fine and others I wouldn’t touch.
Sorry have never booked with atd but lots of people have.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
TheBroadbents
New Poster (4)

TheBroadbents's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone. Some great advice! I’d never thought about cash back so I’m going to look into that option. I think atd offer dme so that would be covered. But as you say about unplanned closures, maybe Disney are ahead of the game there. Thank you!
TheBroadbents is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Also Attraction tickets send you your gift card to your home before you go so you don't have to go to disney springs to collect it which was a pain for me this year as it took time out park time for our first day

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I’ve booked two Disney holidays with Orlando attractions. They were 5% cheaper than Disney and absolutely fantastic on both occasions.
I would say there are certain companies that are fine and others I wouldn’t touch.
Sorry have never booked with atd but lots of people have.
I don't bother with anyone else. They have always been the cheapest and always had fantastic service like the CBR fiasco a couple of years ago. One call to them and it was sorted. This year our tickets didn't arrive rang them and they said could I check with the local sorting office as they had been sent out. Within a couple of hours they rang back to check if I had been (I hadn't) and to assure me they would have replacements sent next day if they weren't there. Also never had to wait in line for someone to answer the phone.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
emck942
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

We booked our last holiday (May/June 2019) through AttractionTickets.com and have booked again for next year, can't fault them and would definitely recommend. Spent hours trying to find a more competitive price and can't.
emck942 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List