Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
It's the compensation I can't get my head around. Really? Asking for compensation because you didn't have enough coffee?
It literally takes a few seconds to get issues fixed.
Not having enough plates, shampoo running out, oh dear.
To me it's pathetic, but hey it seems am in the minority and people are getting their knickers in a twist (on holiday! ) for the slightest thing!
We live in very self absorbed times.
I did not ASK for compensation if you read the post I asked for the housekeeping routine to be clarified as it has changed schedule since last year, I was OFFERED compensation which i accepted, yes I didn’t take long out of my day to request these items but if housekeeping was being run effectively I should not need to ask, I pay annual dues which is supposed to help cover housekeeping costs.
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
"I told them in no uncertain terms" ?
Got to feel sorry for the reception staff sometimes.
Disney won't pay enough to retain their housekeeping staff and the receptionists take all the flack and unpleasantness from the guests.
I remember having to sort out a horrible mess with payments when checking in at the Beach Club , it took ages but we were firm it needed sorting there and then rather than it hanging around during the vacation. We certainly weren't nasty or told anyone anything "in no uncertain terms" just smiled and made it clear we weren't going anywhere until it was sorted. The receptionist was struggling to get any sense out of accounting but told us she appreciated our attitude as some guests were really vile when things went wrong. It got sorted, we got a lovely (unasked for) upgrade and some lovely gifts were delivered to our room the next day.
I don't agree cash customers should have lower expectations than DVC guests ( although as points guests last year at AKL we got given a flooded room and were then moved to an inferior room guaranteeing we won't stay at AKL again ) , everyone pays a premium to stay at Disney and should expect the standards to reflect that ... as for shower gel dispensers in a deluxe hotel ... don't even get me started !
I was extremely polite to the reception staff, I work with the public every day & know how to get my point across without offending anyone on the front line as I am in that position every day.
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My apologies to the OP I read it as they asked for compensation, have read it again and it's still a little unclear

But still can't get my head around getting upset about these little issues, no bits n pieces and your off down to complain. Takes a minute to pick the phone up to housekeeping and it's sorted.

People are different I guess.

And yes telling them in no uncertain terms! Cringe. The team at OKW are brilliant, and would have been nice as pie. I know who's side we would have been on.
Yes I did let them know I wasn’t happy about the situation, I deal with the public every day & get my point across without being impolite or accusing. The service was below standard whether you agree with me or not, the receptionist also agreed with my points & thus felt compensation should be OFFERED.
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm with the OP. It doesn't take "2 seconds" to sort things out. It takes up much longer and actual precious holiday time and phone calls, occasionally with a language barrier, to get things that should have been there in the first place.

You are paying a lot of money, in this case, they already have thousands or tens of thousands of OPs money plus annual dues. You wouldn't got to school and then have to ask them to teach you, you wouldn't go to a supermarket and have to ask them to put food on the shelves. Things should be right when you arrive.
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. We had such appalling Housekeeping one year they credited me twice with $100 to my guest folio account. So a nice $200.

4 weeks later they rang me up and told me that on my next visit they would be cleaning my room every day. Great, many thanks.

True to their word they did - and charged me.

I only spotted it after 10 days or so and they then refunded me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh my.
What a terrible situation to be in!

It's like..the end of the world!

Compensation? Crazy, must have taken you 2 minutes to ask for things to be sorted.
I really don't understand this comment! People pay a premium to stay at WDW (DVC or Cash) and so you quite righty expect things to be done correctly, especially when you have already pointed out an error.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I must live in a different world.
I pay multiple thousands a year dues and have done for a long time but am too busy enjoying my holidays to worry about a few minor errors with housekeeping. Certainly the lack of plates, coffee, shampoo, and sheets doesn't warrant compensation. In my view. Or a complaint just a quick ask and it's done.
I've never encountered a language barrier at WDW?
Oh well happy holidays. I'll look out for you all in the queue and come back later.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I pay multiple thousands a year dues and have done for a long time but am too busy enjoying my holidays to worry about a few minor errors with housekeeping. Certainly the lack of plates, coffee, shampoo, and sheets doesn't warrant compensation. In my view. Or a complaint just a quick ask and it's done.
Oh well happy holidays. I'll look out for you all in the queue and come back later.
Maybe you should write to Disney and let them know that the problems the OP encountered didn't warrant compensation. After all, it was them that offered it as you well know - the OP didn't ask for it.

If this was on Facebook, I'd suggest you were trolling but surely not on the Dibb!
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
and how is the OP meant to have their cereal say if no bowls or plates and why should a complaint not be warranted for not getting their bedding cleaned when it should be

We have been members at SSR for 15 years and I can only speak for SSR but I am with MrTomorrow on this there housekeeping needs sorting

and for SSR yes there is definitely a language barrier here. I had to ring and on some occasions caught the housekeeping person as she was walking past or in our room and at every occasion they did not speak any English

special clean requested only to find previous occupants stuff under the bed so therefore no special clean was done.

over the years full clean days missed. we are paying a lot of money in dues and we should not have to keep ringing to sort

Edited at 01:09 PM.
Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Maybe you should write to Disney and let them know that the problems the OP encountered didn't warrant compensation. After all, it was them that offered it as you well know - the OP didn't ask for it.

If this was on Facebook, I'd suggest you were trolling but surely not on the Dibb!
So I can't put my point of view across ? Trolling? Haha.
I think complaining about such minor things instead of just asking and telling receptionists "In no uncertain terms" is typical of some people on holidays, totally different to what we do or have ever done, not just us but all family and friends.
But as I said some people are different, fair do's
As for Disney offering compensation for such minor issues, more fool them.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List