Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Scar reducing cream

So we’ve had a bit of a school holiday fail. Our daughter had a henna tattoo in Croatia and unfortunately it was black henna and as a rubbish Mum I didn’t know this was an issue. Fast forward ten days later and said tattoo starts reappearing in a red angry rage. Luckily I got prescribed steroids immediately and it didn’t get much worse and is now settling. However I think there will be some skin damage and would like a recommendation for a cream or oil to try and reduce this.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Try bio oil
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cica Care gel sheets, they’re great.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son used bio oil on his transplant scar and it looks really good.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I don't know about creams but my sons surgery scars heeled very quickly when he took vitamin c and zinc supplements.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no advice Anna, but just wanted to say I hope your DD is ok.

I wouldn’t have known there was a problem with black henna either and have often seen the tattoos on sale and considered having them myself. I had no idea that they could cause problems either.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have no advice Anna, but just wanted to say I hope your DD is ok.

I wouldn’t have known there was a problem with black henna either and have often seen the tattoos on sale and considered having them myself. I had no idea that they could cause problems either.
Thank you. I’ve felt properly awful but you’re right, lots of people wouldn’t have known. Luckily I actually removed the henna quickly in Croatia because it was itching her and also then got cream here immediately so we’ve not done too badly. I’m hoping it won’t scar but want to do everything I can to avoid. Henna which is reddish brown is fine, black NO! She’d had one in animal kingdom last year all fine. Didn’t even think 😫
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Bio oil is really good, I used it after having my bowel cancer surgery I was cut from high above my belly button all the way down to my pelvis and was stapled and you can’t see my scar at all, my nurse recommended it to me.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Another vote for bio oil. I used it on my thyroidectomy scar and it practically invisible now. I started gently massaging it in as soon as the scar had healed and the staples were out. Hope your dd is ok. X
Edited to add: I think the key is to gently massage it into the skin rather than just apply it and leave it to soak into the skin.

Edited at 09:12 PM.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List