Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Sep 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Another confirmation from me. Yesterday I've eaten for free at the Biergarten at Epcot. I have also scheduled Coral Reef and Akersus in the next few days, for free too.
Have you ever noticed that free food tastes better
That's great news and if you've not yet tried then worth checking out and making a small payment towards your dues. Just need to go online and make a $10 payment from one of the gift cards.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go/home/dues/

Click on Make a Payment

Click icon Pay by Contract

Click icon Pay Other Amount

Enter within the $0.00 box the amount you want to pay $10.

Under Payment Method click Disney Gift Card

Enter 16-digit card number in the box and submit payment.

You'll then see a receipt of your payment and the remaining balance on the gift card.

Might also be worth considering paying over the next day or so all or most of those gift cards towards your dues which will show up as a credit for next year. That way you don't have to worry about mislaying those cards.

Have an amazing time and enjoy the "too good to be true" free meals.

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is a decent deal if paying off dues. Can you use them to pay off the bill on the hotel also, assume you can? Shame they don’t do it for DVC members as well.
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This is a decent deal if paying off dues. Can you use them to pay off the bill on the hotel also, assume you can? Shame they don’t do it for DVC members as well.
Yes, if they are the regular Disney Gift Cards then they can be used against all things Disney such as DCL, even tipping at table service meals at WDW. The only place you can't use them are at the small portable carts selling food.

We've used the gift cards at UNIQLO in Disney Springs, applied towards our room bill, also at Vero Beach, even to buy the annual pass, so there's no restriction, except you can't buy DVC points with them, shame.

For those DVC members without an annual pass who are on vacation over the coming few months, then maybe worth asking for another member who's out there with an annual pass to purchase gift cards for them. Maybe worth starting a new thread like the DIBB Meet - 1st Sept 2019 where you can arrange to meet fellow members at Epcot. Hopefully the castmember won't insist on the credit card being used as being the same named as on the annual pass. Otherwise it might mean a cash purchase.

disneygiftcard/Produ...ion/WhereToUse
Use at participating locations throughout Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, Disney Springs®, Walt Disney World® Water Parks, and Walt Disney World® Resorts. Use toward admission tickets, annual passes, hotel rooms, spa experiences, merchandise, dining, and recreation. This includes Disney owned-and-operated locations and select locations not owned by Disney. Some carts and other outdoor merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card. Ask a Cast Member before making your purchase.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
That's great news and if you've not yet tried then worth checking out and making a small payment towards your dues. Just need to go online and make a $10 payment from one of the gift cards.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go/home/dues/

Click on Make a Payment

Click icon Pay by Contract

Click icon Pay Other Amount

Enter within the $0.00 box the amount you want to pay $10.

Under Payment Method click Disney Gift Card

Enter 16-digit card number in the box and submit payment.

You'll then see a receipt of your payment and the remaining balance on the gift card.

Might also be worth considering paying over the next day or so all or most of those gift cards towards your dues which will show up as a credit for next year. That way you don't have to worry about mislaying those cards.

Have an amazing time and enjoy the "too good to be true" free meals.
Thanks, that's a great idea, I think I'll do that, losing the card is actually a concern.
I have also bought a gift card at the droid depot. It's a nice metal souvenir, shaped like the Batuan currency, the spira. You need to charge at least $100 on it but otherwise it costs nothing if you then use the money (and it's not difficult to spend $100 at Disney).
Anyway, I now have more than $1000 in my pocket, I'll feel better putting some of it toward the dues immediately.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Can only be used at those specific restaurants.

If you mean the $100 initial purchase then yes, these can be used at any time with no expiration date.

Edited at 06:20 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List