Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Where to go next and which ship

We did our first cruise on harmony of the seas last week. We loved the ship although it took us a couple of days to know what we were doing. We would love to do another cruise and would want to go on a ship with plenty going on. Maybe another Royal Caribbean ship. It would be for next August and we would combine it with a stay somewhere but definitely not Florida. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would be for 2 adults and a 16 year old girl.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi we were on Harmony last year 7 nighter, this year we did 3 nighter on Mariner. No one wanted to get off so we booked Symphony for next year another 7 nighter...think we are addicted!
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. We loved it on Harmony of the Seas. I am told that cruising is even more addictive than Disney ! Husband and I are waiting until we can go on our own before we do another one. I fancy Norwegian Fjords.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I would also consider NCL if you liked Royal.

Itineraries are difficult without much to go on- Alaska from Canada? Med? We really liked our Canary Islands cruise. You can also do the Caribbean from New York.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We loved it and I also fancy the fjords or Alaska but having been on such a lovely ship with excellent service I don't want to be disappointed choosing another ship. It is definitely more addictive than Disney for me. I am going to take a look at symphony now thanks for the tips.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I would also consider NCL if you liked Royal.

Itineraries are difficult without much to go on- Alaska from Canada? Med? We really liked our Canary Islands cruise. You can also do the Caribbean from New York.
Thank you I will take a look at NCL. Alaska from Canada definitely appeals. Can you believe I am thinking about next years holiday whilst sat in our room at the hard rock hotel.
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We much prefer Royal to NCL and are on the symphony next Easter.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I would love to sail on a Royal Caribbean ship 😍

We’ve been with P&O round the Caribbean and doing the same next year because we love the itinerary.

I’m keeping an eye on this thread for future recommendations 😊

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We did a Baltic cruise this year it was amazing. Tallinn and St Petersburgh are stunning places. We sailed on 1st August from Copenhagen so spent a few days there. One of the best holidays we have done.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We sailed on the Independence of the Seas last week. It was one of the best holidays we've had. We're on the Azura next year but would love to switch to Anthem of the Seas after last week. Trouble is, it's twice the price of our balcony cabin for an inside.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List