Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Kennedy space centre

Despite being to Florida many times over the years we’ve never managed to get to Kennedy space centre for one reason or another.

So DH is wanting to tick this one off his bucket list. Just had a look at the tickets and wonder if any of you lovely dibbers can advise .

Would you recommend a ticket with our without the bus tour ?

TIA
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definately with the bus tour.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m fairly sure all KSC tickets include the bus tour. It’s pretty much half of the centre and I don’t recall anyone asking for tickets for the busses. If I’m wrong you definitely need tickets with the bus tour
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Standard admission includes a bus tour. I can highly recommend you look at the talk schedule for the day. We joined the one for Saturn V and also went to see astronaut Sam Gemar talk, photo opportunity afterwards.
This was included in standard admission.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Definite with the bus tour. We got ours this year from Floridatix, adult tickets for the price of a child.
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gev View Post
Definite with the bus tour. We got ours this year from Floridatix, adult tickets for the price of a child.

Thanks All

It was floridatix I was looking at but thought the bus tour was separate
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

To understand the bus tours better, look at the KSC web site. The Visitor Complex is split into 2 sites - the main site and car park, just outside KSC itself, and the Apollo/Saturn Center (which is 7 miles away inside the secure KSC area, and where all the moon stuff is). There is a free bus tour included with admission to get from one to the other. It is a 'must do'.

Then there are 3 other different bus tours you pay extra for which basically go on a longer route round various KSC facilities first, but end up at the Apollo/Saturn Center. Save those for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th visits!
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sunjue100 View Post
Thanks All

It was floridatix I was looking at but thought the bus tour was separate
Definately part of the normal ticket and well worth doing. Amazing place and the shuttle exhibition brought tears when they opened the doors.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

If your husband is into 'Space' it's worth considering the 'Explore' tour for a more up close look at things.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

IIRC you can pay extra for a more in-depth bus tour. the tour that comes as standard basically takes you between the two main sites, whereas the additional tour covers some extra areas.

it isnt necessary to get the extra tour, but i think if i went again, i would do it.

we went for to KSC the first time the other year, after having been to orlando around 10 times before. wish i'd gone sooner! will definitely be going back

(same for busch gardens, really enjoyed it, so will definitely be going back)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List