Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Mobile Flights cancelled

Got the dreaded news yesterday our flight has been cancelled currently waiting to be rebooked on a new one :-( glad I booked the room now
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hope you get sorted soon. As you say a good move to get the room booked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I hope you get sorted soon!

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope it's sorted- what a 'mare. Then again stuck in Beach Club, it could have been worse. Stay safe.
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Hope you get the flight back sorted and return safe.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Hi
What a nightmare but at least you are in the best place! We arrived home Sun morning thank goodness. Stay safe
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Try not to worry. You have a room and can wait it through x
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Flights were rebooked by Virgin this morning for a return on same flight but leaving on Thursday 5th. Been at MK till they shut at 3pm to very low wait times and on the whole good weather. came back and at the pool till 7pm. Beach Club have been great they had a buffett dinner on at Cape May which was a specific buffet menu at a greatly reduced cost of $15 per adult and $8 per child so took advantage of that. Also sat in the lobby with about 10 other people and kids playing games with staff and the characters came out - Minnie, Goofy, Donald and pluto sitting with kids, playing games, posing for pictures and having a dance, Kids have had a ball - so impromptu it was brilliant. Weather still reasonably ok at this time rain not as bad as it was about a week ago at animal kingdom. Kids are completely unfazed by it. I would have been gutted if I'd have gone early.

Only thing I haven't been able to rearrange is the car hire as not been able to get through to them does anyone know what they are doing and if we can keep the car till the new flight? Should have dropped this one off today at the airport but obviously they were shut.

And just about to post a thread about the droids if anyone knows if they can go home in hand luggage or if in needs to be hold luggage? worried about them getting pinched.
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds really good. I bet you remember this trip in some ways as one of the best.
I wouldn't worry too much about the car, I'd take it back when you go back and say no one was answering and you couldn't return it so you object to charges. If they try it on go and see a manager.. At worst id expect they'd only charge you the extra days. Is it with Alamo? You could try the Disney Car Care Centre and drop it there and get the magical express back if it is. There's no charge for dropping it there and they'll run you back to the hotel. Or over at Swan Dolphin, there is one there.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Hope you get it all sorted & home safely, great wait times for you in MK though
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List