Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
little poppets
Proud to wear my Ears

Its Been 10 years since I have been to Disney

Hello All

Yes the title is correct 10 years since Disney. WOW.
We now Live In Queensland and have been here for 8 years.
But was a fellow Scot and loved this forum, so I am super keen for all your help.
We now have a 5 yr old little girl, and the two little kids we last took to Disney are now 19 and 21.

So looking for places to stay near Disney, for 5 of us.
We also have a child with Autism and severe Peanut allergy.

Love to hear from anyone with any info on the above
Cheers guys x
little poppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We had 11 years since we last went. Just been in June with a very nearly 5 yr old and 3.5yr old.

We stayed in a villa in highland reserve. Was lovely to have space for the kids and a pool.

I did a lot of planning as loads of stuff had changed and it was so different going with the kids compared to 11yrs ago when it was two of us as teens 😂
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
little poppets
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi
Thanks for the reply, We have friend staying at the Highland reserve at the moment.
How long would it take to drive to WDW ?
What was the biggest changes that you noticed ?

Yes I need to do lot planning, but stressing me out with all these fastpasses 30 days before hand etc …

Did you hire a car?
little poppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Villa is definitely the best option with a couple of kids imo unless you can book a family suite at a Disney hotel (costly). You'd need a car at the Villa locations unless you're prepared to Uber everywhere but itd be a bit restrictive
Old 6 Sep 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by little poppets View Post
Hi
Thanks for the reply, We have friend staying at the Highland reserve at the moment.

Yes I need to do lot planning, but stressing me out with all these fastpasses 30 days before hand etc …

Did you hire a car?
We are staying at HR next year again - area is good and local amenities also.
It is about 20 mins I would say to the parks up the 27 and across the 192. Universal and SeaWorld are at least 30 mins I would say.
And if you play Golf well that's a bonus
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by little poppets View Post
Hi

Did you hire a car?
Yes had a car. Took about 30mins which we thought would be ok cos that’s what we travel to work when home. Actually even though they are the same amount of time it never felt driving to or from Disney as long as it takes to get to work at all. It was something I worried over too and didn’t like the thought of but was great and we are doing it all again next year.

Biggest changes in the parks were toy story, pandora and fantasy land had all changed. But it was actually the fastpasses that I found the strangest as it was paper ones last time we went and we used to have a rough plan but due to the fastpasses now it’s more restrictive.

Was amazing though so much so that we cancelled the holiday we have in 2020 to come back to Disney instead.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Forgive me (as my geography is rubbish!) but from Queensland would Disneyland (Anaheim) be a closer option?
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

There were 21 years between my visit last year and the one before that. 1997. Wow!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

As my timeline says we’re 20 years since the last time! The mobile phone wasn’t even invented 😂
Flying from Manchester, staying at CBR in just over 3 weeks time... Beyond excited doesn’t even cover it!
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We used to go every year for about 10 years, even got engaged and married there 15 years ago, that was the last time we were there.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List