Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Clearwater Gulf View hotel

So we will be doing 3 days in Clearwater at the start of our next holiday. Looking for recommendations for a family friendly hotel with a view of the gulf. Have looked at Opal Sands but heard it was a bit stuffy, Hampton Inn and Suites looks nice but at the quieter end of the beach. Would also consider St Petes if there is plenty to do there? We will have a car so don’t mind travelling to Clearwater in the day but does St Petes have a good selection of restaurants for evening meals?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We stayed at the Sandpearl. It’s right on the beach. We loved it. Pics in my 2019 trip report in my signature below. We are going to stay a couple of nights next time.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We stayed at the Sandpearl. It’s right on the beach. We loved it. Pics in my 2019 trip report in my signature below. We are going to stay a couple of nights next time.
Thank you. Have had a read - sandpearl was on my radar and your trip report looks lovely.
POFQ December 2016

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have stayed at the Hyatt in a gulf front suite but we booked the Sandpearl for this year. We should be on the plane this Thursday

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Thank you. Have had a read - sandpearl was on my radar and your trip report looks lovely.
Have you decided yet? We are on the search too. The Hyatt is coming in too expensive this time. We have always stayed in a suite and they are wanting over £2k for 2 nights which is crazy

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Have you decided yet? We are on the search too. The Hyatt is coming in too expensive this time. We have always stayed in a suite and they are wanting over £2k for 2 nights which is crazy
No. Narrowed it down to Sandpearl or Opal Sands but we need a gulf facing room (well I want one) so I think it will come down to price.
POFQ December 2016

Old 31 Aug 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Have you looked at the hilton?
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
Have you looked at the hilton?
Yes and the Hampton. The Hampton looks good value ( free breakfast included) but I would like a bit of luxury for a few nights.
POFQ December 2016

Old 31 Aug 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We stayed at the Hilton and although the location was fantastic I don't feel I can recommend it. The beach was beautiful and the pool lovely but the room wasnt up to standard.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
No. Narrowed it down to Sandpearl or Opal Sands but we need a gulf facing room (well I want one) so I think it will come down to price.
We love a gulf view too. The rooms just aren't falling right for us at the moment though.

We need a suite with twin beds for me and Soph, my Husband sleeps in the lounge on the sofa as he is awake a long time before us and he likes to sit on the balcony with a coffee. Most suites are kings and my daughter kicks so I'm not sharing with her

We have stayed in 2 bed suites at the Hyatt before but the prices have gone mad!