Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Sep 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Carpgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Barbados TravelAdvisor Facebook page has lots of good info. We should be there now, but cancelled when a family who had a negative test sat next to someone who was positive and had to quarantine for their whole holiday and pay for a new hotel 🙁
Carpgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

Good friends of mine are going back this November (hopefully). Going back to sugar bay. They said it’s great.
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

We've been there three times - Fairmont on the west coast then Sandals and Royal Sandals. Going back again in March and combining the Fairmont and Sandlas Royal in a 10 night stay.

Agree with lots of whats been said - lovely island, easy to get around, plenty to do. You can hire a car and explore or use the buses or even grab a taxi. West coast is the Caribbean sea so quiet sea and sandy beaches, south coast is a mix of Atlantic and Carib and is probably the most "touristy" (although Sandals is here) and the East coast is rugged and faces the Atlantic.

Lots of restaurants from cheap take away to fine dining and everything in-between

Its our 2nd fave Carib Island after Grenada - which is so lovely and much quieter
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Love Barbados , easy and safe to get around
We returned a cheap place right on Paynes bay , in amongst all the million $ apartments and had a hired car . Supermarkets are eye wateringly expensive , as are some of the restaurants , but plenty of reasonable places to eat
However , at this present time , I am not thinking of flying anywhere
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. We are now looking at going to Greece due to the fact that we are a little worried at the prospect of having to quarantine there if someone tests positive on our flight. I do like the sound of Barbados and it’s somewhere we might consider in the future.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Thanks for the replies. We are now looking at going to Greece due to the fact that we are a little worried at the prospect of having to quarantine there if someone tests positive on our flight. I do like the sound of Barbados and it’s somewhere we might consider in the future.
I think the same can happen in Greece re another passenger being positive. Maybe best to do some research. This is why we stuck with Majorca - could travel and enjoy holiday, just had to quarentine on return.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I think the same can happen in Greece re another passenger being positive. Maybe best to do some research. This is why we stuck with Majorca - could travel and enjoy holiday, just had to quarentine on return.
It can indeed. It looks more likely though that you’d be asked to quarantine in your holiday accommodation in Greece if it’s appropriate (villa) whereas in Barbados it seems you might be put somewhere by the authorities. All a calculated risk, I know.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

We visited Barbados in summer 2018 with my son who was 17 at the time. Stayed at Beach View in Payne’s Bay close to Holetown. Highly recommend and would definitely return. Ideal for families as they have 3 bed apartments giving flexibility to eat out or self cater and it was great to have so much more space than a hotel room offers. Barbados is lovely, very friendly, beautiful beaches and great restaurants. We had a fabulous time and it was one of our best holidays. Also highly recommend boat trip with Calablaza, this was one of our favourite days on any holiday.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For anyone thinking of a short notice trip to Barbados from the UK please be aware that the CV entry requirements are changing on 19th September. As usual check the UK FCO site and this page from Visit Barbados is also useful:-

visitbarbados/covid-...uidelines-2020

Might need a big cup of tea when reading through it though
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List