Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
Pixiedust40
VIP Dibber
 
Pixiedust40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 14
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Can you have a drink on the plane on the way?

I know their alcohol laws are strict and wasnít sure if that covered incoming arrivals as well.

And I donít mean getting trollied obviously, just the vino and after dinner liqueur that comes with our PE meal.

Ta very much.
Yes we did ... and donít forget to go to duty free when you land
__________________
'H'
Pixiedust40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
Tetrarch
Imagineer

 
Tetrarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
We are stopping off in Dubai for three days next March and I'm already worrying about what to wear, during the day specifically. Can anyone give me some idea what is/isn't acceptable.

Thanks

Debra
__________________

Debra & Gary

Hibiscus Ridge
Contemporary 5* Luxury villa on Highlands Reserve Championship golf course, 5-bed 3-bath, SW facing pool & spa, huge gas BBQ & open views over golf course. Safe 10 minute walk to Berry Town Center.

Website www.hibiscusridge.com

Click HERE to see our Dibb advert
Click HERE to read over 40 fantastic Dibb reviews

State License No: DWE6310701
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#13
floridasgirl
Imagineer
 
floridasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
We are stopping off in Dubai for three days next March and I'm already worrying about what to wear, during the day specifically. Can anyone give me some idea what is/isn't acceptable.

Thanks

Debra
Ideally, cover your legs and shoulders.
We went to the mall a few times however and people had a wide variety of clothes on. Lots had shorts and vest tops.
I did go in shorts and vest top but took a cardigan. I did however feel uncomfortable even though others were the same.
Next time we went, I wore a dress with sleeves and felt much better!
I would suggest 'respectful ' rather than our typical holiday clothes.
Lots of people around the malls had trousers and lightweight blouses on.
Obviously is universal visit a place of worship, ypubwould need to comply more!
__________________
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#14
floridasgirl
Imagineer
 
floridasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Ideally, cover your legs and shoulders.
We went to the mall a few times however and people had a wide variety of clothes on. Lots had shorts and vest tops.
I did go in shorts and vest top but took a cardigan. I did however feel uncomfortable even though others were the same.
Next time we went, I wore a dress with sleeves and felt much better!
I would suggest 'respectful ' rather than our typical holiday clothes.
Lots of people around the malls had trousers and lightweight blouses on.
Obviously is universal visit a place of worship, ypubwould need to comply more!
Oh around the hotel by the way is completely different! Everybody just wore 'normal' holiday attire, including bikinis and beach dresses.
__________________
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
WhereIBelong
Imagineer
 
WhereIBelong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Can you have a drink on the plane on the way?

I know their alcohol laws are strict and wasnít sure if that covered incoming arrivals as well.

And I donít mean getting trollied obviously, just the vino and after dinner liqueur that comes with our PE meal.

Ta very much.
Depends on the airline, and for some middle eastern airline depends on if you are travelling during Ramadan. My dad flew on Air Kuwait (I think it was called) once and was dismayed to find it a "dry" flight - he was a petrified flier...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
#16
malt1977
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jun 11
Location: Jersey CI
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Not that I own any camo clothing,but just intrigued to find out why as I didnít know this ?
I could be wrong, but I think it is/was illegal or at the very least extremely frowned upon. When I went a few years ago we were told not to wear anything with camo print, luckily I didn't have anything like that anyway.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
#17
Pixiedust40
VIP Dibber
 
Pixiedust40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 14
Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think it is/was illegal or at the very least extremely frowned upon. When I went a few years ago we were told not to wear anything with camo print, luckily I didn't have anything like that anyway.
Ahh thank you, I find all these things completely interesting to find out about
__________________
'H'
Pixiedust40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
#18
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic
 
WileyCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
We are stopping off in Dubai for three days next March and I'm already worrying about what to wear, during the day specifically. Can anyone give me some idea what is/isn't acceptable.

Thanks

Debra
I am taking palazzo style trousers with tops, midi length dresses with either covered shoulders or a wrap for daytime, a couple of cocktail style dresses for dinner and normal beachwear for the hotel pool.
Iím posting pics of my clothes when I pack so it will be in my pre trip. Hubby is taking long length linen trousers, loafer shoes and shirts as well as shorts and polos. So both going a bit more formal than for Florida. No trainers and vest tees for him and not my usual sleeveless shorter holiday dresses.

Actually Iím looking forward to glamming up a bit
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
#19
Colette-S
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 07
Location: Cheshire

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I am taking palazzo style trousers with tops, midi length dresses with either covered shoulders or a wrap for daytime, a couple of cocktail style dresses for dinner and normal beachwear for the hotel pool.
Iím posting pics of my clothes when I pack so it will be in my pre trip. Hubby is taking long length linen trousers, loafer shoes and shirts as well as shorts and polos. So both going a bit more formal than for Florida. No trainers and vest tees for him and not my usual sleeveless shorter holiday dresses.

Actually Iím looking forward to glamming up a bit
That sounds perfect. You will find that people get dressed up for evenings so what you are taking sounds perfect. There will also be certain places that your husband will need full length trousers for dinner. Also anyone planning to visit the Burj - even for afternoon tea- will need trousers
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#20
Colette-S
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 07
Location: Cheshire

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know we have said it a million times on here but make sure you download any savings/groupon type offers before you go - almost all brunches and afternoon teas can be found 2 for 1 somewhere at some point. Also if you plan on doing a lot of activities or meals out then you should consider the Entertainer - it will save you a fortune and you generally make the cost back after the first use.
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2775
CaxtonFX  $1.2656
Covent Garden FX  $1.2778
FAIRFX  $1.2790
John Lewis  $1.2827
M&S  $1.2605
Post Office  $1.2505
Sainsburys  $1.2747
TESCO  $1.2778
Travelex  $1.2650
Updated: 15:00 28/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0855
CaxtonFX  €1.0786
Covent Garden FX  €1.0917
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0891
M&S  €1.0704
Post Office  €1.0679
Sainsburys  €1.0833
TESCO  €1.0850
Travelex  €1.0802
Updated: 15:00 28/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now