Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Flying Fish

I can’t believe we actually ate a 3 course dinner last night after what we had eaten during the day but deluxe dining encourages gluttony and I’m too tight to leave credits on the table.

This was a new one for us and I’d begged Eva to go to FF. she wasn’t happy about it but I bought her a set of Halloween ears and a light up pumpkin necklace as a bribe so we were good to go.

First up bread which has seaweed in it. Fortunately she didn’t hear him say that and was ok with seedy bread and butter.

Cool cutlery ..

They brought the menu and they no longer had the soft shell crab. Noooooo! Instead I opted for the pork belly. This was one of the nicest things I have ever eaten (after soft shell crab 😂&#128514 it comes with a little fried croquette and pickled celeriac.

Eva ordered a kids salad and didn’t really touch it. She picked off the croutons and left what was basically a bowl of iceberg lettuce

I had to order the sea bass which came with creamed leeks and a red wine sauce. Very tasty. The fish was very well prepared. Could have done with some kind of potato on the plate.

Eva has Mickey pasta with marinara sauce and she did eat the whole lot.

Puddings - the chocolate one for me and s’mores for Eva (it’s the one with raspberry sauce on the photos below) .. both were good and we ate them all.

I had Sancerre to drink.

Ok - the food was faultless. Cooked perfectly and good well matched flavours. For the food I would give 9/10

However...

They gave us a table in a corner right by the area where staff were constantly in and out bringing crates and boxes and wheeling things past. I realised when I used the bathroom that the place was almost empty so there had been no need at all for the rubbish table.

Pacing - $220 and done in an hour for 3 courses. I was really annoyed. I still had half a glass of not cheap wine at the end of the meal and I wanted to sit and enjoy it. The server no sooner handed over the bill than he tried (unsuccessfully) to take my wine away. Then when I went to the bathroom I came back and he’d poured it into a plastic take out glass. It’s the small things I notice so I didn’t leave feeling all happy and pleased with the evening I left a bit irritated. Would I go back? I’m not sure. The experience the night before at CG knocked its socks off.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Friday part 1 - Hollywood and slime and SWGE Oga’s Cantina

Today is my friend’s birthday so we arranged to meet at Hollywood & Slime for breakfast with the kids.

The ADR was for 8.10 - it was so easy getting into the park today. No lines at bag check or turnstiles. The restaurant had maybe 3 families in it. Good characters although I didn’t know them to be honest apart from Goofy. I’m told the others were Vampirina, Doc Mc Stuffins and Fancy Nancy. Typical buffet and it was pretty good. I got some photos today as there wasn’t anyone there.

We checked the virtual system for entry into GE. It wasn’t needed so we headed over. Honestly it was empty. No line, straight in, one hour on smugglers run and then a ten minute wait for Oga’s Cantina.

We grabbed a few drinks - two cocktails and blue milk which comes with a cookie. This was great fun.

Not busy at all...

Inside Oga’s

The drinks...

This photo is inside Smugglers Run ride inside the millennium falcon

This morning was totally unexpected fun and we feel lucky to have experienced Star Wars stress free. It felt like a ticketed event it was that quiet. Obviously down to the incoming Storm Dorian. The storm troopers and Darth roam the land interacting with everyone. Disney have done a great job.

The ride is very good - it’s a family ride so not a thrill ride but the theming is spot on and it does feel as though you are out in space on the MF. It’s a souped up Star Tours. We loved it. Not wort a 3 hour line but an hour or so is fine.

Getting ourselves really for MNSSHP and our last reservation at Skipper Canteen.

Edited at 07:07 PM. Reason: Photo
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Ooooh I would have been so mad at the waiter putting my wine in a take out cup.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

How lucky to get into Star wars land! Seems like you had a fab time. The drinks look exciting

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Off to MNSSHP will report back as we also have dessert party for the fireworks with lots of food to come 😊😊

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Loving the costumes And how amazing to get into Galaxy's Edge! Have a great time tonight!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Flying Fish

I can’t believe we actually ate a 3 course dinner last night after what we had eaten during the day but deluxe dining encourages gluttony and I’m too tight to leave credits on the table.

This was a new one for us and I’d begged Eva to go to FF. she wasn’t happy about it but I bought her a set of Halloween ears and a light up pumpkin necklace as a bribe so we were good to go.

First up bread which has seaweed in it. Fortunately she didn’t hear him say that and was ok with seedy bread and butter.

Cool cutlery ..

They brought the menu and they no longer had the soft shell crab. Noooooo! Instead I opted for the pork belly. This was one of the nicest things I have ever eaten (after soft shell crab 😂&#128514 it comes with a little fried croquette and pickled celeriac.

Eva ordered a kids salad and didn’t really touch it. She picked off the croutons and left what was basically a bowl of iceberg lettuce

I had to order the sea bass which came with creamed leeks and a red wine sauce. Very tasty. The fish was very well prepared. Could have done with some kind of potato on the plate.

Eva has Mickey pasta with marinara sauce and she did eat the whole lot.

Puddings - the chocolate one for me and s’mores for Eva (it’s the one with raspberry sauce on the photos below) .. both were good and we ate them all.

I had Sancerre to drink.

Ok - the food was faultless. Cooked perfectly and good well matched flavours. For the food I would give 9/10

However...

They gave us a table in a corner right by the area where staff were constantly in and out bringing crates and boxes and wheeling things past. I realised when I used the bathroom that the place was almost empty so there had been no need at all for the rubbish table.

Pacing - $220 and done in an hour for 3 courses. I was really annoyed. I still had half a glass of not cheap wine at the end of the meal and I wanted to sit and enjoy it. The server no sooner handed over the bill than he tried (unsuccessfully) to take my wine away. Then when I went to the bathroom I came back and he’d poured it into a plastic take out glass. It’s the small things I notice so I didn’t leave feeling all happy and pleased with the evening I left a bit irritated. Would I go back? I’m not sure. The experience the night before at CG knocked its socks off.
Not good, but I am strangely relieved to find somebody else that doesn’t sing its praises at last. It was the most appalling “fine” dining of my life to date and that was also largely due to the service. We were virtually sat outside, bread, starter and main delivered within twelve minutes flat and I didn’t get that nice cutlery either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Not good, but I am strangely relieved to find somebody else that doesn’t sing its praises at last. It was the most appalling “fine” dining of my life to date and that was also largely due to the service. We were virtually sat outside, bread, starter and main delivered within twelve minutes flat and I didn’t get that nice cutlery either.
I remember your review and that was at the beck of my mind when I was leaving there last night ...

Old 31 Aug 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I haven’t been keeping up to date well, but have fun at MNSSHP. Glad you made it into Galaxy’s Edge, we did too after weeks of warning the boys it might not happen!

Really shocked at the Flying Fish server putting your wine in a cup to go, that’s dreadful!

Food and Wine food all looks great, wish we had had a chance to try it all
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I am aghast at that server pouring your nice wine into a paper cup!

We enjoyed the flying fish, the only thing we didn’t like was our seat, by the door. I got the impression kids were kept on the outskirts of the place.